Scanner Reports 7-24-17
Well I hope y’all had a great weekend. Mine was spent as it usually is, in a chair staring at the walls, listening to the scanner, writing things down here and there. Horrible thing about the folks in Texas who died in the back of a trailer coming over the border; 8 dead, 30 injured. I'm curious if anyone here has ever ridden in the back of a trailer like that. I have, but not that long. A couple hours moving furniture. It gets hot as hell in those things, no air, just heat extreme heat. Mostly U-Haul trucks for me, but I rode in the back of a semi once also. It's scary because you don't know if you’re going to get out and it gets hotter and hotter. Though death may come quickly, there is no less suffering dying that way. It is a cruel death. I do hope someone is on the hook for this, they deserve it.
It is too bad that we don't accept people into this country like we did when Ellis Island was in operation. By the time it closed in 1954, over 12 million people had passed through on their way to becoming American citizens. Twelve thousand a day back in 1907. That's a lot of folks. Becoming a citizen back then was easier than it is now. Folks were accepted in America back then and allowed to work toward becoming citizens. They were not jailed and called criminals unless they broke the law. However they were judged by their health. America wanted immigrants that could work. Some ill folks were allowed to stay on the island till they got better, then moved on into the cities. Others were sent back home. I think they would have thrown me off the boat. Rest in Peace to those folks that passed away in Texas.
Scanner Reports, FRYday:
- In Goleta on Magnolia, vandalism and burglary to a vehicle.
- Brandishing a knife in Santa Maria on Rucker, WMA with an 8 inch bowie knife, wearing dark clothing, named James. The guy not the knife.
- Dog owners getting into it on San Pascual and Anapamu; they were gone when the police got there.
- Medical emergency for a subject with chest pains at the airport.
- Fall victim at the El Carrillo Apartments 315 West Carrillo.
- Family domestic, mother is going crazy on Via Cortez. Crazy mothers scare me.
- Subjects drinking on a bus bench, 609 Chapala.
- Vehicle fire, Highway 101 northbound at Winchester.
- Fall victim Stearns Wharf.
- Ill subject, 4000 block of State Street.
- Subjects smoking H&S in the 700 Block of State Street.
- Cliff Drive turnout unconscious, then combative subject. Medics, SBPD responded, but he might have gotten away, not sure, or maybe they let him go.
- Castillo at Anapamu, vehicle accident.
- Sounded like a rape somewhere in the City of Santa Barbara, don't know where, just caught part of it.
- Medical emergency at the Lemon Tree, 2800 block of State Street, difficulty breathing.
- Camper in the brush near Rabo Bank, 914 Carpinteria Street.
- Possible DUI in the 800 block of Cacique parked in front of United Refrigeration.
- 500 block of DLV, burglary.
- Fight, Vera Cruz Park, 130 East Cota, one subject knocked out, the other got away for now.
- Check the welfare of a male bleeding from an arm and a leg, 824 Cacique Street.
- Overdose, parking Lot 10, stairwell.
- 800 block of Anacapa, a suspicious subject put a suspicious item in the bushes.
- Check the welfare of a subject down near the kiddy pool at Ortega Park.
- DUI with friends, all drinking open containers in gray Nissan Frontier pickup truck with roof racks, 340 West Carrillo.
- Medical call, PATH 816 Cacique.
- Assault victim, 500 Block of Anacapa.
- 300 block of South Milpas, hit and run investigation.
Scanner reports, Saturday:
- Injury traffic accident, chest pains, Milpas at Mason.
- Premises check at Oak Park.
- Hazard condition, they did not say what it was, Thousand Steps off Shoreline.
- Male yelling, 1500 block of Chapala, possible trespasser.
- Ill subject Maravilla, 5500 block of Calle Real.
- Lewd subject at MTD, subject wearing khaki pants.
- Fire damage at a building on the Old Mission grounds. Molotov cocktail found.
- Bicyclist down, 5100 block of Santa Rosa in Montecito, possible Code Blue.
- Brandishing a knife, 3800 block of State Street at the Panda Express. Suspect got caught, went to jail.
- Assault in the 100 block of State Street.
- Medical call, 100 block of Anacapa and Figueroa Mountain, unresponsive subject.
- 5150 transport to Cottage from the 600 block of San Pasqual.
- Check the welfare of a subject down next to a wheelchair at Crown Liquor, 2 North Milpas.
- Drunk woman in front of Starbucks, 3900 block of State Street.
- Heard this but nothing else: Reporting party found evidence of another 1144 (that is a dead body), so he could direct deputies in. All I heard. I wonder where that is.
- Suspicious males with a large reflective disc on the RR tracks at Turnpike. Reporting party thinks the subjects are going to blind a RR train conductor with it.
- SBPD doing a house search in the 100 block of Conejo Road looking for someone, I believe.
- Drunk at the ER, Cottage.
- Loud music, Oak Park.
- Two shots heard near East Beach. I heard them too, sounds like Indio Muerto on the other side of the 101.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Rape investigation, unknown where it occurred or circumstances, report at SBPD.
- Report of subjects with guns, 3300 block of Via Cortez, SBSO was on scene.
- CARES called, report of man down, medical, 716 Cacique.
- Vehicle theft, 300 block of East Montecito Street.
- Fall victim, 100 block of South La Cumbre Lane.
- 5150 walk away from Cottage Hospital, female.
- Roommates arguing, 300 block of West Mission.
- 1200 block of East Cabrillo, male yelling at passersby in the picnic area. I think he was drunk and transported to Cottage.
- Report of a 40 year old man beating two juveniles in the front seat of a 2001 Nissan Altima, registered from Simi Valley, parked in the parking lot at Garden and Cabrillo. Not there when police arrived.
- Domestic, 200 block of Sherwood Drive.
- Unconscious bicyclist, 4400 block of Hollister.
- Male down in a driveway, 3800 block of State Street.
- Back injury, 600 block of Garden Street.
- 1600 block of Cliff Drive, strong odor coming from a van. Never heard what it was.
- Theft, Cottage ER, 320 West Pueblo.
- Patient throwing things, GVCH Emergency Room, 300 block of Patterson.
- Ill subject, 1000 block of McCoy, subject with DT's.
- Medical call subject with seizures, Storke and Hollister.
Someone asked me for an update from my fall. Well, I'm still injured from my fall at the unnamed store. I'm not sorry for getting angry and telling people off because it wasn't my fault that I tripped over their product in their store. Right now I'm holding off on anything toward them, hoping I get better. I'm going to take all their insurance company’s paperwork sent to me and take it to my doctor next time I see him. I'm still mad as Hell. Basically I'm hearing that since I'm older and I have a preexisting condition and I have no visible broken bones, there's not much that can be done. I heard that from a lawyer who then asked that I not call his place of employment for a personal injury. At this point I'm still having a lot of issues with nerve damage. I was offered a power chair many years ago and I'm going to apply for it next time I see my doctor. I think I need it now. I'm having problems walking. Sometimes I can walk, sometimes not so good. Anyway, that is where it's at for me. Things get scary when you cannot walk that good. Anyway, have a great Monday. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, Elmo, Fred, Walter, Magruder, Don, Cory, Rambo, Sherry, Diana, Jim, Brad, Billy, Edwin, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Wednesday. Later, Roger
Jul 25, 2017 08:46 AM
I'm sorry that you're having a hard time with mobility and pain these days, Roger. What a drag! Hope you recover soon. Feel better!
Why are they posting your scanner reports so late in the day now? I miss reading them in the morning. Oh well.
Jul 25, 2017 10:54 AM
The scanner reports are written the day before and usually posted early around 7am the new website is going to take awhile to get back on track please bear, (I love Bears) with us..:) Code Reds and Roger Reports are posted usually as they happen. Sometimes I wait on R.R.'s so police can catch the bad guys don't like posting some crimes too quick....Thanks for the Well Wishes I don't feel like I'm going to recover much at this point but Thank You...Roger
Jul 25, 2017 11:28 AM
Roger, you'll have a lot more freedom with a power chair. Size matters, so make sure you get one for your height and weight. Enjoy life more, become mobile again! And, thank you for all of your reports and alerts, and Code Reds. I feel safer with you watching/listening on our behalf.