Scanner Reports 7-23-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
So the other day I walked over to Rite aide to get some things and I put my Radio Shack scanner in my back pocket. I usually wear my tee shirts out and that way I could cover the antenna of my scanner because otherwise, the scanner looks like a police 2-Way radio sticking out of my pocket. But I forgot to do that, so intent on getting water and gum I love chewing gum even though I have no teeth because gum helps with my anxiety. I walked over to where the trident was and grabbed a couple packs then got in line there was a tall young man in front of me wearing heavy clothing and a small backpack, he was holding 2 frozen dinners which were on sale. Buy one get the otter 50 percent off. I looked over at him for a second as he was right in front of me, it's only NORMAL to look at someone in front of you then I looked elsewhere. I heard someone say in a very low voice, "I'm not doing anything wrong just buying something to eat because I'm hungry I'm not stealing anything." The voice came from the kid in front of me and his voice was kind of offensive as if he was speaking to someone who might think he was doing something wrong. I turned and looked at him and went "Huh?" He turned beet red and walked toward the cashier not looking back at me. I reached back realizing my scanner antenna was sticking out and silently laughed, Sort of. When I left I realized we were going the same way and thought ah crap he's going to think I'm following him. He did because right on the other side of the Milpas UNDERPANTS he bolted into traffic to get to the other side of the street and when he safely made it glared back at me. Reminded me of this time when Cop John lived here long, long ago and he wanted to show me how cops drove their cars on Stake outs prowling down on drug deals. We both had short hair cut over the ears as at the time he owned a carpet cleaning business and I was working part-time for him as well as for Romer Security. We used my car a 1983 (lemon) Chevy Celebrity and cruised "Crack Corner" Garden at Haley streets with the parking lights on. In the early evening as soon as we were seen everyone scattered, we only did it a couple times later on we heard that after we did it the police pulled in and busted them, the dealers thought we were the police and the police were druggies. I guess we were doing Community Service without knowing it. I miss my old friend John I looked for him on the internet one day and found out he had passed away back in 2009 he had been a Guadalupe police officer once and got in trouble drinking back in the 80's losing his job. Did the Carpet cleaning thing a couple years, sobered up then got back on his horse as a police officer in Northern California for 20 Years until he passed away from cancer in his obit his chief said that when he got into his police car to go on patrol he was in so much pain he had to lift his legs to get into the vehicle he never once heard John Complain and John worked as a police officer up to the day he passed away.....Rest in Peace my Good Friend John. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Missing at Risk in the area of Montecito and Ladera, police looked for sometime before the missing was found in an apartment on Ladera probably visiting someone. Every time someone is missing especially at risk, the police go all out looking for them. Great Job SBPD We got the Best Cops.
- Vehicle accident highway 246 at Mission Gate Farm vehicle rolled over into a field unknown if injury.
- Audible alarm 400 Block of North Fairview, no crime.
- Road rage Los Carneros at Hollister.
- Bank Robbery Rabo Bank 5900 Block of Calle Real.
- Bank Robber killed himself 25 Carlo Drive possibly after determining he could not get away.
- 2 Women arguing in the 600 Block of Del Monte
- 415pc Subjects disturbing in front of PATH 816 Cacique.
- Suspicious subject dressed in black clothing hiding in the Sage Brush watching the vegetation Fire I believe this was the fire burning Fryday afternoon in North county.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 6500 Block of Trigo.
- Trespasser stealing oranges from trees in the 800 Block of West Pedregosa.
- 415pc Three females blocking the sidewalk 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Medical call 7300 Block of Hollister unknown type.
- Skateboarders refusing to leave Samarkland breaking the LAW.
- Rolling 415pc Domestic in a vehicle highway 101 Southbound at Summerland in a green Nissan Altima they exited there.
- 415pc Subjects smoking in the 400 Block of North Milpas.-Silver Acura TL stolen from the 400 Block of South Canada.
- Black van with tint windows in the 1200 Block of Shoreline Smoking da WEED.
- 4700 Block of Long Street 459 to a residence.
- 5 Boys from Los Prietos boys camp make a run for it wearing dark tee shirts and shorts.
- There was a report of a subject walking around with an axe in the 300 Block of West Montecito police were unable to locate but found him in the 300 Block of West Cabrillo a few moments after he was found walking around swinging an axe I heard a female officer say something about checking the area to see if anymore vehicles had been hit.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- 800 Block of State street code 40, Drunk down.
- 10 West Ortega code 40 Drunk down.
- Someone thought they saw a burglary suspect that had robbed them in the 900 Block of State street they called the police and found out it was THE WRONG GUY.
- Non injury accident but reporting parties need the police 800 Block of Shoreline.
- Drunk down 100 Block of West Ortega.
- Traumatic injury 100 Block of Viajero Drive.
- Structure Fire 100 Block of Manzanita Drive in Solvang.
- Non injury accident need the police Carrillo and DLV.
- Traumatic head injury Elings park 1200 Block of Las Positas baseball field.
- Male subject sitting on a bus bench for several hours in the 3800 Block of State street reporting party is concerned for children walking past the man like maybe he might be someone who hurts children so he or she called the police.
- 10851 Stolen tour van Mercedes taken from a Winery in Buellton.
- Riverbed brush fire in Lompoc suspicious fire.
- 2 Females arguing 1116 DLV at Garden Court.
- Suicidal subject in the 400 Block of Tierra Way.
- Unconscious drunk female on the Mesa steps on Mesa Lane.
- Theft of power tools at Home Depot.
- Sexual Battery 1700 Block of San Andres.
- Med call for an 8 year old girl who fell off a scooter at Ledbetter beach.
- Suicidal subject with a gun in a motorhome at the Jalama store 9991 Jalama road in Lompoc.
- Burglary in the 100 Block of West Guiterrez suspect was hiding inside of the building SBPD got him.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 415 Domestic 1300 Block of San Pascual girlfriend breaking the place up left in a black Jeep Cherokee
- Med call 100 Block of Ellwood Station Road.
- 400 East Clark gun-brandishing incident suspect in a black BMW sounded like SBSO knew who they were possible road rage incident.
- 459 Burglary in the 2400 Block of DLV a residence.
- Suspicious vehicle Toyota with the engine running keys in it dirty 2000 Block of Village Lane.
- Clifton at Canada check the welfare of a subject down.
- Subject on a 5150 Hold 305 Camino Del Remedio staff needs assistance.
- Hit and run no injuries 4700 Block of Calle Real.
- Road Hazard blanket in the number one lane highway 101 Southbound at Highway 150.
- Machete Fight which resulted in a several hour stand off in the 300 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Fall victim from a bicycle 400 Block of Linden at the Amtrak station.
- Suicidal subject Lincoln at Morrison Suicidal subject.
- Man Down Ortega park 600 Block of East Ortega medical call.
- Hit and Run 100 Block of Powers non injury. Occurred on the freeway.
- Street racing red mini cooper, Black BMW 1100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Domestic violence 273.5 Investigation 1400 Block of Bath street.
- Medical call SB CO Jail.
- Heat Exhaustion at Cat Beach on the beach.
Will that is all outta me for now Stay Cool...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, Tom Cat, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later Roger/ scanner reports done let me know you got them roger...