Scanner Reports 7-22-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
When I was a little kid there were all these things going on in the world, Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam, Protests, Riots, Assassinations of political figures Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King. Each and every evening Walter Cronkite reported on the days events of Vietnam and someday I thought I would have to go to Vietnam. Between everything going on in the World and my personal life I was constantly walking on eggs. Being abused and bullied then there was the local news there was a lot of crime in my hometown even back then. I did not have many friends though I had a couple, Chucky and Chucky across the Alley (not the doll) Ha,ha. And this guy named David a couple years older that built go-karts in his garage. Their parents were concerned because I did bad things the bad things were my outlet from the abuse. Through the years kids have had to deal with things going on in the world and their personal lives and I bet some kids are stretched to the limits now. There are two more things that kids deal with today that I did not have to deal with as a kid.
The Virus and an unstable President who is not for all the people. When I was a kid there were several Presidents, John Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Jerry Ford, Jimmy Carter, though Nixon was a little shaky he was still a leader. When I was a kid I knew I could always count on the president of our country to get us through whatever was going on in the World. Though nowadays many kids have computers and I Phones, outrageous allowances, Playstations and many don't have to work their asses off for 2 Dollars a week mowing the lawn, pulling eons of weeds, digging turning soil, taking out the trash, washing the cars, windows, walls, shoveling snow, raking leaves, on and on I would rather have gone through what I have then go through what kids are going through today though my health isn't so good anymore, I had rocky health when I was a kid too. The kids of today cannot just go out and play baseball, basketball, football, or much else with their friends with this Virus when they interact many kids wear masks like the rest of us. Many kids have not gone to school for a long time. I'd like to know how the kids of today are faring or getting through the Current Events of our time? Parents, are you spending a little more time with the children and making sure they are doing OK? You don't have to answer I just hope ya all are taking care of your kids because some of them might be stressing out through all this stuff I did...HERES YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Hope Ranch: "Wife passed out in the driveway since yesterday and the Husband is just now calling for help." SBSO call.
- Med Call Ventura County 2300 Block of Century Avenue.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- 2 Subjects stuck in a sewer Main Street Santa Maria Fire Rescue.
- 415pc Female yelling in front of Marshalls 900 Block of State street.
- Trash Truck Fire Marsh at Morrison.
- Medical call 2 North Milpas Crown Liquor.
- Campers refusing to leave but left before police arrived call cancelled 3800 Block of State street.
- Parking officer reported a suspicious vehicle a 2004 Toyota Tacoma truck with an HMA driver in his 40's in the 200 Block of South Milpas.
- BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A GAS LEAF BLOWER IN THE 400 BLOCK OF EAST ORTEGA!
- Hand to hand drug deal Victoria at Santa Barbara streets involving a red Toyota Camry.
- 242pc Assault male hit a female in the head 500 Block of Anacapa street.
- Theft 300 Block of West Carrillo WMA 50's bald grey shirt red sleeves last seen Eastbound on Carrillo.
- 415pc Transients disturbing at the front door of KFC Oh No We Can't have anyone blocking the door of KFC Get the BEARCAT!
- Traffic Accident State street at Calle Laureles.
- Medical Call Voluntario at Carpinteria.
- Traffic Stop white chevy van 1400 Block of San Andres.
- Smoke investigation Highway 101 at Los Carneros in the bushes no fire.
- 415pc Hamburger, male threw a hamburger at someone First block of West Anapamu that would hurt.
- Eastbound 126 at Victoria in Ventura county Vehicle rollover.
- A 20's year old WMA spit on a female at Mitcheltorena and State streets.
- Overdose South Broadway 800 Block in Santa Maria.
- 415pc over "I'm not wearing a fucking mask!" At the laundromat in the 2600 Block of DLV. Yelling and a struggle heard in the back round of the phone. They were looking for a WMA wearing a grey shirt Southbound on foot DLV for a bit. I wonder if he left his clothing behind. People are required to wear a mask in the laundromat while there anyway now he knows.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- City PD were on a vehicle early this morning that might have been involved in a crime just before I opened my wee wee little eyes this morning of course J.P. Had it going on as usual. That is all right. The Old Man needs his sleep John is both younger and better looking than me...Police were checking out this vehicle in the 1400 Block of San Andres I suspect it may had been involved in an earlier chase.
- Check the welfare of a subject in the first block of North Milpas.
- 459pc Burglary investigation 500 Block of Allegra.
- 900 Block of Castillo 242pc and possible choking there was an arrest and Medics transported the victim to the hospital.
- There was a Checker unit on a parker time to break out the Checkerboard for a nice game of Checkers.
- Traffic accident 155 South Patterson.
- Commercial burglary 100 Block of Hot Springs Road.
- County undisclosed location 5150 Transport for a NBD.
- Tire in the number one lane highway 101 at Turnpike.
- 500 Block of Bath medical emergency combative patient bit a firefighter and a Medic they went to the hospital also.
- Suspicious unoccupied silver Nissan at the Shell Station in the 3000 Block of State street
- Gas leak at an apartment building in IV 6700 Block of El Colegio.
- 1800 Block of East Carrillo transient walking in and out of businesses probably marking his territory.
- Medical 100 Block of Los Aquarius.
- Med call Alameda Park 100 Block of East Sola.
- Suicide Attempt East Side possible throat cut with a knife.
- Fall victim the Faulding Hotel 15 East Haley.
- Hit and Run no injuries highway 101 Southbound at Olive Mill Road.
- 100 Block of West Pueblo street Med call.
- 100 Block of East Constance open phone line suspicious circumstances possible 211 Robbery.
I had to get to the doctor today. I hate going with all this crap going on but I'm an old geezer with old geezer problems. I was waiting for my ride from my friend Jessica. She was totally late I only had 15 minutes to get to the doctor. There was no way I was going to make it on foot but I had to try so I took off up Milpas as fast as I could walk. I was very upset there was no way I would make it and they would cancel me for sure. I was breathing so hard, I had to stop I made it all the way to Montecito and Milpas but I would go no further. I had a vision of the intersection blocked off with something big laying under a circus tent in the middle of the intersection two detectives standing nearby wearing wide-brimmed hats and black overcoats one says to the other "I didn't know that fucking whales could beach themselves this far!" I walked over and looked under the circus tent it was me laying there. I heard a voice "Roger! Get over here so I can take you to the Doctor!" It was my friend Jessica. She got me to the doctor. Since this quarantine I have gained more weight so now I got to walk. Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Clancy, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE, TWO, AND THREE, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO,Patrick, Christy, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Mark, Willie, Lafatette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Fire Fighter Robert, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman , Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, John Handcock, Tom Petty, John Prime, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Little Mac, Lucky Bill, John, Marianne and Chris Willing we will pee you on FRYday. Later, Roger