Scanner Reports 7-17-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
When I was a little kid I used to like to go to my Great Grandparent's home on my Mothers side of the family, the Mahoneys. My great Grandmother always made me real hot cocoa with marshmallows on top and always had a plate of cookies for me to devour. My Great Grandfather had been a Railroad Engineer and there were model trains all over the house. Whenever I went to look at the trains he'd yell things like "There's a little thief in the house watch him! He is going to steal something!" I always thought he was joking around until I grew up and found out who I was and how my Mother's side of the family really felt about my Father's side of the family. It did not matter that my Dad and his brothers were born in the States and served in the Military during WW2. I felt a little weird around my Great Grandfather calling me a thief all the time though I thought he was joking, it bothered me a little. My Great Grandmother never treated me any different she loved me up every time she saw me. I especially loved going to their house in the Wintertime, coming home from school walking in the snow. I always got wet and when I'd stop in she'd take off my shoes and socks put my shoes in the oven and my socks on the heater then she'd give me a pair of Great Grandads thick warm 100 percent cotton socks he really yelled then. Out came the Hot Chocolate marshmallows and cookies I would spend hours with them after school usually my Mom would come and pick me up and we'd stop at my GrandParents house just down the street from the Great Grandparents. Bommy my GrandMother always had candy dishes all over the house filled with different flavors of Brach's candy I'd grab handfuls of the warped ones and stick them in my pockets and then head into the basement where there was a fridge stocked with beer, wine, and soda pop I always grabbed the Root Beer my drug of choice at the time. My Great Grandfather was the only Grandparent to show a little bit of his racist side though when I was young I did not understand racism all my other Grandparents loved me and never let me see that side of them. My Great, Great Grandfather was in the Civil War as a Yankee and was one of many in the Civil War Awarded the Medal of Honor. My cousin has a statement awarding him 12 Cents a month after he left the Military. 12 Cents a month I wonder what it bought then. Maybe it bought my Great Grandfather home from the hospital he was born in 1873. I might have taken him back for a refund. Just Scattered thoughts going through my head...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS..
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Dumb Bass of the Week Award..Someone called from a motel in the county for police assistance said he was being attacked by someone with a crowbar SBSO responded to the motel the victim would not answer the door they got a key went in no one there no one there. Dispatch called the number back the asshole said he was already on his way back to LA.....Stay There. I really dislike jerks who come here and abuse our resources.
- Medical call The Victoria Hotel 24 East Victoria.
- Subject yelling outside McDonalds in Storke Plaza on Storke.
- Suspicious subject on the football field of SMHS 4750 Hollister reporting party says hour earlier the same subject was in a parking lot of a near by apartment complex looking in vehicles.
- Fire alarms going off around city lot 9 900 Block of Anacapa Firefighters checked thoroughly no fire.
- Casino Security requesting SBSO at the main entrance.
- Suspicious subject hanging out around the railroad tracks flush with the 3500 Block of Modoc.
- Wanted Subjects vehicle in the 6700 Block of San Remo police staked it out found their man elsewhere at McDonalds 3940 State street.
- Med call 1400 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Small oven fire from bacon grease in an oven 1800 Block of Barker Pass Road, sounds like a nice place for dogs to live.
- 415 Subject disturbing in a motel lobby in the 3500 Block of State street.
- 415pc Subject coping ZZZZZ's next to Marshalls in the 900 Block of State street.
- Traffic Accident with injuries DLV at West Haley.
- SBPD on a group at Chase Palm Park.
- Mountain Lion sighting 1000 Block of Alston Road.
- 415 Subject at CARES in the 2000 Block of DLV Yellin at staff.
- Honda Element stolen keys left in ignition taken by a WMA with a shaved head from the 2800 Block of Via Real.
- 594pc Graffiti back of Sansum Clinic Castillo at Los Olivos.
- Over Dose 2200 Block of Banner.
- Minor injury Traffic Accident 40 South Milpas street.
- Commercial burglary 1400 Block of San Andres broke into the Karate school caught at Burger Express.
- Residential Burglary 4500 Block of South Bradley Santa Maria.
- Suspicious Circumstances Cottage Hospital in an department ICU.
- 2 Juveniles fighting corner of Carillo and Chapala.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Pallet Fire 1000 Block of Highway One Pallet pit 3 feet deep Fire 10x8 feet.
- Double Overdose both passed on in Lompoc Rest in Peace
- Check the welfare of a subject on a sidewalk who hasn't moved in some time on Hollister did not hear more but think he was asleep.
- Subject drinking alcohol in East Side Park 200 North Soledad.
- Barn Owl rescued in the Center Divider 101 Northbound Turnpike.
- 1900 Block of South Lincoln a male subject was trying to pry tape off his skateboard when the knife slipped stabbing him in the arm, ouchie
- Medical call 200 Block of West Pueblo
- Fire in the Riverbed underneath Niblick Bridge.
- 2 Shots hear in the 7200 Block of Lowell Way one at 6am the other 11:30am.
- 1300 Block of Rose Garden Circle public assist Snake.
- Audible Alarm 2700 Block of East Valley Road in Montecito.
- Traffic Stop Highway 101 Northbound on ramp at Milpas white Dodge, Mary one on it.
- Check the Welfare of a 5150 Female in the 2500 Block of DLV.
- Man down Medical 2550 Cliff Drive.
- 242pc Assault at Hotel Milo 200 Block of West Cabrillo suspect left but came back later. I don't know if they got him though.
- Premises check East Side Park 200 North Soledad.
- 10851 Bright red scooter with black trim a 2019 Lance 125cc Ca Plate 24M5531 From the 700 Block of Bolton Walk in Isla Vista.
- Vehicle vs Train 1600 Block of Highway One.
- Casino Medical call at the Casino.
- Strong Arm Robbery 400 Block of West Victoria 3 HMA's suspect thought to have gone West over the Anapamu Walking Bridge.
When I told my Sister I was going to trade her for masks to Phantom Blot she accused me of Human Trafficking usually I just jaywalk once in awhile...Have a WONderful Weekend..Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE, TWO, AND THREE, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Firefighter Robert, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Kona, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Ernie, Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, John Prime, Tom Petty, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Lucky, Little Mac, Bill, John, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger
Jul 17, 2020 04:35 PM
Those darn Berwyians....