Scanner Reports 7-16-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Been watching this guy on YouTube, Tom Mabe. I like his pranks and his style, really got a couple folks good, taught them lessons. I used to play jokes on my friends too, a lot of fun. He gets people that have it coming. Like a buddy that drank and drove he totally set it up to make him believe he hit someone and killed them. Tom drove the guy home then after the guy passed out he set up his friends vehicle on the front lawn with a bicycle in a shattered windshield, phony blood, yellow tape, a couple police officers and Tom himself under a sheet in front of the car. The police officer went to the guys front door knocked on it, guy came to the door. Officer asked him if the car was his and the guy said "Yea" but he could not remember driving home the night before. After a few minutes the guy was crying and getting sick, they played it all out had the guy going. Tom jumped out from under the sheet the guy got a little pissed but I bet it made him THINK and I bet he was grateful it was just a prank.
People get really drunk and drive, they don't know if they hit someone or what? Or they do know and they are so drunk they don't care. "It's the other guy's fault for getting in the way." Then when confronted sober they cry and cry. There was another one a guy who parked in a Handicapped spot and Tom and a tow truck driver who was disguised as being blind towed the guys car. When he asked who to call to get his car back the driver said the number on the side of the truck but you'll have to text because the boss is deaf. That really cracked me up. He has other pranks where he bates packages on porches and people steal them. He is a funny guy, check him out on YouTube if you like. I think it's cool that he does that pull Pranks that make people think.
I keep hearing these calls that include the suspect walking around with their Pants down, I don't know if this is a new thing, or just popular maybe it's fashionable I don't know. Why wear any pants at all they are just going to trip when the police start chasing them maybe they should just give the pants away if they are not going to wear them. I guess it's been hot, I'd much rather people wear their pants Would anyone want to see me walk around without my pants? I would think people would rather walk behind the DDT Truck. Some of you might remember the DDT Mosquito truck if you lived back East I don't know if they sprayed it out here. We'd be riding our bikes behind the DDT Mosquito truck in a white cloud of smoke inhaling that stuff we loved the smell that was one of the things kids did for fun back East in the Summer. We found all kinds of things to do back home we did not have the ocean and the beach close by kinda shocking there's juveniles getting in trouble here with an ocean nearby Oh well here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday
- Medical call for an ill subject at County Jail.
- Possible drug use in the parking lot of the Press Room.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle Harbor lot Harbor Patrol vehicle pulled over in the SBCC parking lot suspect taken into custody.
- 23103 Reckless driver Linden at Sandyland.
- Campers and an Abandoned street sweeper 217 West Gutierrez.
- Camp Modoc at the railroad tracks near Hollister.
- Female pinched a child in the 500 Block of Wentworth last seen running toward the railroad tracks.
- 459 To a vehicle at Hendrys beach 2981 Cliff Drive suspect left in a 1988 4-Runner vehicle registered to an address in Santa Barbara.
- 242 Assault at the Harbor suspect a female.
- 415 Fight 5624 Hollister.
- Brush Fire at El Cap Ranch Road near the railroad tracks.
- Premise check Stevens Park.
- Assist A/C 5 on a call at Stevens Park.
- SBCO Fire twitter structure fire listing 100 Block of North Kellogg.
- Burglary to a vehicle 300 Block of South Voluntario.
- Alamo PinTado 600 Block vehicle accident.
- 415 Subject disturbing inside of MTD.
- Non injury accident possibly involving a DUI driver 700 Block of State street.
- Traffic accident 800 Block of Patterson Road in Santa Maria.
- 417pc Brandishing a glass bottle in Pershing park Male in his 40's drunk.
- Check the Welfare of a female walking in the roadway area of Stagecoach at Paradise told reporting party she was raped and trying to get back to Lompoc heard no more about her.
Scanner Reports, Saturday
- Open door Golds Gym 21 West Carrillo.
- Premises check Cacique Foot Bridge.
- Guy walking around with a gun and his pants down highway 154 and Calle Real.
- Burglary investigation 100 Block of South Soledad.
- Attempt to locate a subject off his electronic monitoring in the 3400 Block of Richland Drive Parole.
- 415 Domestic 200 Block of Ladera.
- 4200 Block of State street lines down wires arcing.
- Medical call North Fairview at Calle Real.
- Alamar at Quinto wires down in the roadway thinks they were cable lines.
- Combative code 40, Drunk to be wrapped in the 400 Block of Chapala.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in front of 928 State street.
- Medical call for a leg injury in the 5600 Block of Hollister.
- Vehicle accident minor injury Northbound San Ysidro Road 3 vehicles involved
- Subject walking down a sidewalk with his pants down 323 East Cabrillo Chase Palm Park Extention.
- Check the Welfare of a dog locked in a black Mazda Pedregosa at San Pascual. since Friday night.
- Possible trespassing 3 subjects in the creek area in the 7300 Block of Hollister.
- Ill subject Medical then Death rest in peace 900 Block of Ward Drive.
- 415 Domestic with violence 300 Block of West Canon Perdido.
- 415 State street at Anapamu between 2 males near Benchmark.
- 415 Verbal Domestic in front of Trader Joes 200 Block of North Milpas.
- Code 40, Combative drunk guy woke up at Cottage hospital they had to re wrap him for another trap to County Jail.
- 415 Subject 25 West Guiterrez.
- 415 Domestic 1200 Block of Chapala male female on bicycles Dispatcher says they are talking as seen on a City Camera.
Scanner Reports, Sunday
- 242 Assault investigation Cottage ER occurred in the front of the Faulding Hotel.
- Traffic Accident State street and Quinto.
- 101 West Carrillo code 40, Drunk down.
- Northbound from Quinientos female walking North on Milpas talking to herself.
- Found child at highway 154 and Calle Real 4 year old female found.
- 415 Neighbors 300 Block of Peach Grove lane.
- 10851 Black Mercedes from 1002 Anacapa parking lot.
- 2 Vehicles vandalized in the 6600 Block of Sarbo Tarde.
- 415 Between 2 Subjects at McDonalds 1213 State street over one of them abusing a dog.
- Medical call 800 Block of Refugio Road Mountain Biker broken ankle.
- Check the welfare of a subject found laying on a sidewalk in the 1000 Block of San Antonio Creek Road.
- Female hears what sounds like someone in her apartment after she had surgery Suspicious circumstances 4000 Block of Via Lucero.
- 23103 Reckless black Jetta got off highway 101 South at Padero was weaving all over the roadway.
- Medical call Anxiety Attack 100 Block of Harbor Way in the Coast Guard Building.
- Injury accident Bicyclist down 1700 Block of Shoreline Drive.
- Tree branch blocking roadway 400 Block of Carlo Drive.
- Burglary to a garage in the 100 Block of West Mason suspect chased by victim all over the neighborhood and caught by the victim and the police in the 200 Block of West Montecito.
- Smoke investigation under the wood ties at Amtrak engine one responded reported lite smoke sprayed the ties.
- SBPD officer on a Burglary suspect which he took into custody in the 100 Block of West Yanonali.
- Suspicious circumstances 100 Block of Chapala at the Youth Hostal building shattered glass doors reporting possible squatters. I guess that place is never going to open all I ever hear is vandalism calls there?
- 20002 Non injury hit and run 4500 Block of Sunview.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a wonderful MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tom Cat, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, Poncho, Jerry, Fish Head One, Jonathan, C.J., Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Poe, Marty, Cop John, Bengy, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Magruder,Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger