Scanner Reports 7-12-17
"You look troubled." That is what some drunk guy said to me at around three this morning when he woke me up, lighting a lighter off and on outside my front door. After I said, "You gotta go." "Can't I stay the night?" he asked. "No," I answered. "You look troubled," he said. I wanted to say but didn't, "Like how do I look troubled? Like I was just woken up by a drunk guy on my porch? Like I have problems? Like I'm psychotic? Because I do feel that way. Here, move over and hand me that friggin’ bottle." But instead I just kept saying "You have to go," and he did eventually. He went to the end of the driveway and sat down for a bit, lighting his lighter. That was good enough for me, though I was hoping he would not light a fire. I thought I'd stay outside for a bit, so I did. The troubled man, three in the morning can't sleep because I booted him off my porch. Now he's probably going to light a fire. He finally left. I walked the property from the back to the front, looking around, making sure there was no other drunk guys on the neighbors’ porches. I could hear things being smashed in the distance but thought if it was the drunk guy, he was hitting things like dumpsters. It sounded that way. I did not want to bother the coppers for this, though it was my own fault. I should have let the guy sleep on the porch. He looked troubled.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Possible vandalism to a business, 25 East Ortega.
- Auto theft on Vega. It was a Honda, not a Vega. Not sure anyone would steal a Vega.
- Burglary to a residence in the 3800 block of State Street.
- Transient disturbing in the 1100 block of State Street, multiple calls on this guy.
- Fall from a horse, 300 block of Toro Canyon.
- Other transients disturbing on the 900 block of State Street.
- Overdose in the 4000 block of State Street.
- Suspicious subject hanging around the YMCA Camp at Monte Vista School, in the 700 block of Hope.
- Medical call, rear of the MTD station, City Lot 3.
- DUI driver, 600 block of Castillo.
- 535 State Street, transient following women, harassing them. HMA.
- DUI driver slumped over the wheel in the YMCA parking lot. Called in as a medical but he was discovered to be intoxicated.
- City Police were seeking a wanted subject for felony domestic violence, but he got away for now. They will get him later, they usually do. It was on the north end of town.
- Medical call for a back laceration in the 1700 block of Robbins.
- Overdose on College Ave, first block.
- Illegal burn smoke check, Highway 101 at Patterson.
- Medical call, trauma injury, 100 block of North Fairview.
- Suicidal subject, 300 block of West Carrillo.
- Subject blocking stairwells, 18 West Canon Perdido.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Medical call, Alpha Thrift store, 5600 block of Hollister.
- Harmony at Clark, Santa Maria, vehicle accident.
- Unresponsive UI female in the Sears parking lot in the 3800 block of State Street, in a vehicle.
- Three RV's burned to the ground in the 4200 block of State Street.
- Illegal burn in the 4300 block of Oak View.
- Report of a man down, State Street at Haley.
- Medical call on the driveway of the Sand Piper Lodge, 3525 State Street.
- Death In a residence in the 5700 block of Via Real. Rest in Peace.
- Injured coyote in the roadway 1200 block of Mission in Solvang.
- Fall victim, Victoria at DLV, public accident.
- Medical call, 300 block of Ellwood Beach.
- Premises check, Cabrillo Bath House.
- Vandalism investigation, 1700 block of State Street.
- Overdose, 100 block of East Sola.
- Non-injury hit and run at the Fuel Depot on Hollister.
- Premises check, the apartment complex 307 West Pedregosa.
- Road rage on the freeway, CHP call.
- Camper, 400 block of West Valerio.
- Found property behind 126 Calle Crespas.
Well, I found a little piece of burnt paper out front this morning. I guess that was my warning. I will not be submissive to the needs of criminals. I took in many people through the years and most of them were total users. Some are successful people today and they don't even so much as say hello when they see me. I'm done doing all that. I only help critters today, they are full of unconditional love. I love my critters. Well, have a great Wednesday. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J., Diana, Jim, Cory, Carl, Stan, Kent, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Elmo, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Rambo, Sherry, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Jul 13, 2017 07:19 PM
They said 3880 State the building on Via Lucero is Alta Lucero formerly Beverly La Cumbre nursing home...
Jul 13, 2017 06:04 PM
Thanks Roger & Shorebird. It doesn't front State; that's why I wondered. Very dense there; buildings off Via Lucero. Check out the google maps photo if interested.
Jul 12, 2017 09:43 PM
Not the Marc. 3888 is Chuck's of Hawaii. So on that side of state street to the right.
Jul 12, 2017 08:32 PM
Apartment building I believe, at at 3880 State street.
Jul 12, 2017 08:00 PM
was it at the Marc?
Jul 12, 2017 07:59 PM
Hi & thanks Roger. Any info on this?
"Burglary to a residence in the 3800 block of State Street."
Was it a side street? There have been waves of home burglaries in the area every few years.