Scanner Reports 7-1-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
One 4th of July when I first moved here, me and some other residents were partying and lighting off fireworks when another neighbor came up behind me and punched me in the back of the head. It did not hurt though I was shocked and asked him why he hit me, he said "You know why!" But I really didn't. The guy had a dog and fireworks freaked her out. I did not know, I was totally ignorant to the fact that fireworks hurt his dog as well as others, had I known I would not have been setting off fireworks. After the guy hit me he said: "If I hear one more firework you're dead." Shit it was the 4th of July, I think he just wanted an excuse to kill me, of course, there was going to be more fireworks but not from me. I felt really bad for his dog.
Another neighbor I'll call Cal because that was his name,( Rest in Peace Cal) threw a whole package of firecrackers next to the guys house, sure enough, he came after me again. I had to call the police on the guy to get him to stop attacking. When asked by the police officer why he attacked me from behind the man said, "Look how big he is he deserves to be beaten." I always thought there was more to the guy's rage as he attacked Belinda too slapping a cup of coffee out of her hand splattering her with the hot liquid. Besides being angry about his dog the guy had a terminal case of the (I'm better than everyone else) still I know he loved his dog and my shooting fireworks days was over around any animals or residential areas. That was around twenty years ago and I have not lit fireworks since. Knowing that fireworks not only harm animals but soldiers with PTSD I don't like them anymore. I hope those who have dogs will keep them in the house and not take them to the beach, or even think by leaving then in a fenced in yard will be enough to stop them from being terrorized if you have to stay home from the big party to comfort your fur baby I don't think it's a lot for them to ask from their humans as they love us unconditionally Every year I hear without fail Dogs freaking out at the sound of fireworks running through neighborhoods, streets and many times on the 101 some do not survive they get hit or ran over...If you value your fur baby as much as they love you please keep them secure in the home.....Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Attempted Suicide by a juvenile, (male) overnight attempt to hang himself Santa Barbara City.
- Suspicious Circumstances someone banging on door resident in fear locked in bedroom upstairs 1000 Block of Cacique
- Granada Garage threats transient wearing black shorts threatened reporting party, 1200 Block of Anacapa.
- Overdose Juvenile suicide att Northside of Santa Barbara.
- UI Male pacing back and forth 1100 Block of Bath street, blue shorts, red hair.
- Check the Welfare of a female walking backwards in traffic Black Female Adult at the Coast Village Roundabout.
- Med Call for a fall victim in the 1400 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Camper between the Library 40 East Anapamu and the Parking garage.
- Premises check 2000 Block of Oak Ave, then on a group same location.
- Hear there was a Funny Money call but no location transmitted not through the scanner anyway.
- Subject in the ER of Cottage Hospital threatened to come back to the hospital and shoot everyone.
- Premises check Skaters Point.
- MacKenzie Park Premises check.
- Hazardous condition neighbor cutting branches off tree falling in neighbors yard 100 Block of South Salinas.
- 417pc Brandishing a knife HMA Chapala at Ortega.
- Fire Alarms x2 at the Womans Club in the 600 Block of Mission Canyon Road, no fire
- Med call 200 Block of South Milpas
- Two separate vehicle accidents possible injury Benita School at Main street North County
- Trespasser in the 800 Block of Garden street
- 415 Female transient sounded like they said she was throwing umbrellas on a patio 11 West Victoria Downtown Santa Barbara
- Water Main break Glen Annie at Hollister.
- Vehicle shake on a wanted subject 1400 Block of Robbins
- Burglary to a vehicle in the 900 Block of East Canon Perdido
- Code 40 Drunk down 400 Block of State street
- Threats investigation 600 Block of Pilgrim Terrace.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Traffic stop on a bicyclist First Block of East Cabrillo
- Combative subject being transported to county jail with escorts to assist
- 415pc Did not say what 200 Block of South Milpas
- 415pc Transient at Trader Joes 222 North Milpas
- 415pc Transient 400 Block of West Montecito
- Check the welfare of a female who said her son was raped in the 500 Block of West Carrillo
- Park One's unit broke down at Montecito and Milpas streets and he was waiting for a tow truck. Report of a subject using drugs in a vehicle bright red 2007 Chevy in the area of Palermo and Modoc WMA in his 40's.
- Subject with Warrants in the 3100 Block of State street
- Check the Welfare of a couple hunched over in a white Ford Ranger at Euclid and Victoria male, female
- Wanted Subject at Nopalitos and Quarantina, "He fought da law and da law won." Welcome to da Dumb Bass Club.
- Med call rear of the County Jail 4436 Calle Real
- 415pc Fight Mother-Daughter on Oceanview East Side
- Subject attempting to pass a bad check Las Positas Liquors 2200 Block of Las Positas.
- Vehicle vs bicyclist 5100 Block of Carpinteria Ave
- 415 Domestic male took the females keys and ran away negative attention types 800 Block of East Canon Perdido
- Harbor Patrol boat 3 was on a violation in Marina one.
- 23103pc Reckless bicyclists riding against traffic Garden at Cabrillo
- 800 Block of State street premises check
- 1600 Block of State street Premises check
- Med call for a head laceration in the Harbor near Brophy Brothers
- Subject making suicidal threats in the 1100 Block of East Montecito
- 23103pc Reckless motorcyclist in and out of traffic State street at Cabrillo red Honda
- Suspicious subject in a back yard 2600 Block of Tallant Road
- Med call Mission Terrace nursing home on West Junipero
- Report of some type of Chemical odor in the area of Ellwood or Canon Green areas of Goleta
- Premises check Skofield Park.
- Fall victim possible broken wrist Stevens park on the trail Ouchie
- 415 Domestic over the husbands paycheck I guess it wasn't big enough West Side.
- Suspicious circumstances 500 Block of Brinkerhoff.
- Bicycle stolen another bicycle and tools left behind 500 Block of Wentworth I guess the Dumb Bass came back later for that stuff he left and got arrested. Some people deserve to be arrested
- A security guard hired for a private function was fired and asked to leave because he was putting his hands on the guests, touching them in a way that was uncomfortable I guess he was standing in front of the Granada WMA in his 40's, 5'6 stocky build.
- Med call Panic Attack 300 Block of Hope, Ave
- 415pc Launderland 2600 Block of DLV, maybe not there but a subject wants to report a 415pc
- Check the welfare of a subject throwing up with his clothes falling off in the grassy area of 7-11 in the 1900 Block of State street that might not be good for the grass
- Vehicle vs bicyclist injury accident DLG at Santa Barbara streets
- A suicidal subject at PATH 816 Cacique
- Smoke investigation East Valley at Sheffield, no fire found
- Female walking through the State street Underpass on the Double Yellows possible 5150pc
- A male called police to report a suspicious male looking at his female friend the suspicious male was a black man with a skate board the location was not transmitted nor did the male say his name I can think of a few can you?
- Sexual battery 100 Block of East Micheltorena.
- 415pc Possible Domestic at the Hilton Mother and Father Had been Drinking all I heard.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Med Call 800 Block of North Milpas
- Med Call subject thrown from a horse at Rancho Oso on Paradise Road.
- Vehicle Fire fully involved 100 Block of Oakmount Road.
- 415pc Loud Music coming from a silver SUV 900 Block of East Haley
- Premises check Bohnett Park.
- Med call from a vehicle in the 3300 Block of Avena head injury subject fell off a horse
- Medical call County Jail on a bench out front 4436 Calle Real
- Subject having hallucinations 100 Block of West Cota
- Subjects dumping trash Quarantina at Kimball
- SBPD on a group Kimball at Quarantina
- Premises check McKinley School
- Check the Welfare of a K-9 Left in a Porsche parking lot of 1235 Chapala
- 2 Transients dressed in black harassing and challenging employees at Tri County Produce Why? Go play in traffic leave good hard working people alone!
- 415pc Transient refusing to leave PATH 816 Cacique x2.
- Customer who has been asked to leave and not come back refusing to leave Starbucks in the 1000 Block of CVR
- 415pc Domestic 1800 Block of DLV Verbal only
- Check the welfare of a male yelling for help near the Lawn Bowling building in the 1200 Block of DLV
- Code 40 Drunk down 300 Block of State street
- 415pc Loud Talking 500 Block of West Arrellaga
- Med Call choking at Sambos 216 West Cabrillo
- Leg pain subject unable to walk near the Oak Park restrooms.
- Vehicle tampering Paseo Nuevo parking lot HMA backpack, bicycle.
So a couple weeks ago on a SUNday I went over to Rite Aide down the street to get some stuff and I found a folded up 20.00 Dollar Bill on the floor, it was in the over the counter medicine section. I thought maybe it belonged to someone who needed some medication and maybe that twenty was all they had so I turned it in to the cashier for their Lost and Found, only they really don't have a Lost and Found like we did in the old days, when most people watched out for one another so I guess Rite Aide got that twenty or maybe someone else did. if there is ever a next time I'm going to just leave my phone number in case someone should come back looking for it. I know most people would shut their mouth and pocket the cash but I know what it's like to be broke and not have anything and I remember the day when others cared more and were concerned for other people those days are long gone obviously...I loved the old days better! Have a wonderful MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Tomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Mrs, MacArthur,Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed,.Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Jul 01, 2019 07:51 PM
I have never been to Starbucks and now I can move in...Sorry about the fireworks RINCONER We have someone on the other side of the freeway that shoots crap off but he is not that bad. If it happens here I'll call. The guy at Starbucks was asked to leave before and came back anyway was yelling and said to be potentially violent.
Jul 02, 2019 01:50 PM
Npt conducive to a quiet cuppa w/your paper or hours of free internet.
Jul 01, 2019 01:09 PM
Who knows why the person at Starbucks was asked to leave? If there was unbecoming behavior it's not up to customers or management to leave, he could have been harassing customers or doing any number of disturbing actions.
Jul 01, 2019 08:47 AM
Thank you Roger,
You are a good man to be considerate of others, even those that attack you.
Our local Carp nursery, (avo growers, not cannabis) is in the middle of their annual two week long nightly m-80 and bottle rocket assaults in a fire prone area.
Unlike you, Roger, some people prefer harmful traditions over consideration of others.
Jul 02, 2019 01:43 PM
And some people are just knock-down-dead stupid. Trying to explain things to them is like trying to train a cat to talk. The average IQ is set at 100. If that's the median average, then for everyone over that someone's under that. Some are way under and don't have to go out of their way to show it.
Jul 01, 2019 08:41 AM
Starbucks decreed anyone can stay in their facilities. What is the issue. It now falls on management and other customers to leave, not this person who simply responded to Starbucks generous open hospitality offer.
Jul 02, 2019 01:48 PM
There's that cynical sense of humor of yours again. We don't agree on everything, but I thoroughly enjoy some of your comments!