By Roger the Scanner Guy
CVS Drug store was visited by a shoplifter on MONday who not only ripped off merchandise and got caught, but threatened to stab the store manager though no knife was seen. The suspect left the store and was last seen walking south on State Street about a half hour later, he was picked up in the State street Underpass and arrested. He was on Probation for 422pc (making criminal threats). His new charges include 484pc (Petty Theft) and 422pc (Criminal Threats) hopefully he will spend some time in Jail on a violation of his probation as well as his new charges. Since he seems to have nothing to lose by threatening the lives of others, jail should be an improvement in his life.
There are a few of these jerks out there that when caught and confronted, threaten the victim by saying they have nothing to lose so with that in mind we are doing them a favor by calling the police and having them arrested because jail provides what they don’t have in their lives. A stable environment, 3 hots, a cot, and time to think, a lot of time to think about doing things differently and maybe keeping one’s mouth shut because even if you think you have nothing to lose you have your freedom to lose and that is an important thing. Before you break the law think about that, think about what you’re going to lose if you get caught. I don’t know about anyone else but I’d much rather be out on the streets with nothing then sharing a cell with several other men with bad B.O. and smelly Farts. Here are Your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Transient disturbing at Starbucks 1235 State street
- Brush Fire highway 246 at Highway one.
- Strong Arm Robbery Methadone clinic 4100 Block of State street taken was a box of drugs
- Premises check Las Robles Park.
- Suspicious circumstances 1700 Block of San Andreas
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Suicidal subject in a car with a knife Calle Los Amigos at Modoc CHP talked them down
- 415 Subject disturbing in the 800 Block of East Montecito street
- 415 Transient disturbing at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf 811 State street
- Premises check McKenzie Park Animal control
- Shoplifting and Threats investigation at CVS 1109 State street
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park
- Shoplifter in custody Macys 3805 State street.
- Suspicious circumstances in the 200 Block of Palm Avenue
- 1400 Block of San Andres 484 Theft of ice cream several juveniles involved.
- Burglary 200 Block of Cielta Del Sol.
- Med call on a possible drowning victim out of the water 2200 Block of Bath street then the reporting party said the subject left. not sure what happened after that reporting party was a 15 year old male.
- 3 Drinkers and dope smokers Sandyland Cove last seen leaving walking down the railroad tracks, or maybe up the railroad tracks.
- Reckless Driver Eastbound on Carrillo from the 101 in a blue BMW
- Med call Unresponsive juvenile lower level of the library 40 East Anapamu
- Suspicious circumstances 500 Block of East DLG
- 415pc Subject harassing passer-bys 419 State street and carrying a basketball.
- Drunk on the corner of Wilson and East Mason with an open container of booze walking around talking to himself, I do that sober.
- 415 Subject in the 500 Block of Chapala carrying a big stick, or a pipe, exposing himself and throwing trash on a police officer.
- Report of a code 40, Drunk subject carrying a cat and hitting vehicles at DLV and Victoria.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 459pc Audible Alarm glass break 1300 Block of State street unknown by me if there was a crime.
- SBPD running a subject with warrants at Nopolitos and Kimball subject had warrants but they did not want him so he’s ours, subject also has a past drug history.
- Check the welfare of a subject not feeling well earlier and now not answering his phone in the 6700 Block of Abrego.
- Attempt 459 burglary to a construction site at 535 East Yanonali
- 415 Domestic in the 400 Block of East Anapamu
- Premises check McKenzie Park
- Suspicious people going in and out of bathroom reporting party says theft might be involved sound like drugs to me. SBCC 721 Cliff Drive
- Possible structure fire 5900 Birch street in Carpinteria.
- Female Under the Influence walked up to a residence front door and tried to get in then walked away 200 Block of Mesa Lane.
- Another female tried to return property which had been stolen from a business I guess she wanted a refund.
- A female waiting for a bus at the bus stop in the 800 Block of Milpas street called in a possible stabbing in that block after observing a man bleeding I have no idea if he was stabbed or not police went code 4 soon after arriving.
- SBSO Channel Dispatch: “A subject called in upset that a package that was delivered to them was damaged so they threatened to bomb a UPS Store.” All I heard not a real smart thing to do
- 245pc With a knife Victim showed up at Cottage ER Tuesday Morning
- Vegetarian Fire at Highway 101 Northbound at the One 20×25 Spot County Fire responded.
- Possible overdose by accident in the 1200 Block of South Broadway in Santa Maria.
- Keep the peace for property pick up 1100 Block of San Andres
- Check the welfare of a subject down behind Trader Joes 222 North Milpas
- Premises check for a food vendor in the 1900 Block of Laguna.
On TUESday I was coming back from the Post office on Nopolitos and saw a man laying on the ground at Cacique and Milpas, he had fallen from his wheelchair, two citizens came out of nowhere picked him up put him in his chair and off they both went. That is what I like to see people helping people. The police usually get called out on these calls but 2 good samaritan’s Helped a helpless man off the ground and saved the police alittle time on TUESday to respond to other calls This is the Santa Barbara I Love….Have a great WEDnesday…Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Tomicina, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, Mrs. MacArthur, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger