Scanner Reports 6-5-17
I saw a large group of kids walking past the house the other day, along with some adults. They were heading toward the beach. It looked like they were going on a field trip. I remembered the field trips I went on as a kid and I got a real good feeling remembering how good they were. Living near Chicago was a big plus for us as we got to see and experience things many people never do. There was the Museum of Science and Industry, The Shedd Aquarium, The Brookfield Zoo, and Lincoln Park Zoo. We got to experience these places in a time when not every little thing was considered dangerous. On a smaller scale, a field trip in Santa Barbara is just as good; with all the places to discover and see here. Although the Museum of Science and Industry has a submarine and real airplanes hanging from the ceiling as you go into the main entrance. For a few moments, watching those kids walk by took me back to one of the good times in my childhood. It was like I was there 50 years ago.
Here is your Scanner Reports, FRYday:
• Felony hit and run, Woodmere Road at South Bradley Santa Maria.
• Female fall victim from the back of a truck, Toyon at State Street.
• Found property, 2 small black bags found with drugs inside near Farmer Boy Restaurant in the 3400 block of State Street.
• Domestic and suicidal male, 700 block of West Figueroa. Male left in a silver Nissan Altima.
• Suicide attempt, subject slashed his wrists then shot himself with a flare gun, 700 block of Spring Street.
• Medical call code 40 intoxicated subject having seizures, 100 block of North Milpas.
• Medical call front lobby of the County jail, 4436 Calle Real.
• Traffic accident in the parking lot of SMHS, 4700 block of Hollister.
• Motorcycle pursuit, 101 southbound near Gaviota ended at Winchester, biker was traveling wrong way on the 101.
• Medical call, assault victim, 2981 Cliff Drive Hendry's Beach.
• Subject yelling, 100 block of West Carrillo.
• Domestic on Woodmere, 4300 block.
• Drunk in truck, 2600 block of Clinton Terrace.
• Argument over a non-injury accident, 100 block of East Haley.
• 400 block of North Milpas, fight.
• Juveniles throwing balloons at passing cars, 1600 block of Garden Street.
• Traffic accident Garden and Haley.
• 500 block of North Miller possible stabbing.
• 400 block of Rancheria, vehicle theft and robbery.
• Traffic injury 400 block of West Mountain Drive.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
• Code 60 vehicle blocking 800 block of West Anapamu.
• Fall victim head injury 1100 block of Grapevine.
• Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
• Theft investigation 800 block of Cliff Drive.
• Injury traffic accident vehicle vs pedestrian Alphonse at Alisos.
• Report of an ill seal on the beach in front of the San Miguel Campsite.
• Traffic accident Highway One at San Antonio East rollover U-Haul vehicle.
• Cement truck down embankment 50 feet, 9400 block of Houston Road, Ventura.
• SBPD on a pedestrian, First East Canon Perdido. On another pedestrian, Nopalitos and Quarantina. And another, 300 block of APS.
• Assault victim behind the Apple Store, 900 block of State Street.
• Woman heard crying and requesting police, 1000 block of Laguna.
• Rolling fight in a vehicle, Cabrillo at Ninos.
• Code 3 medics to the Santa Barbara police station, unknown medical.
• Overdose in a blue Mustang, 700 block of East Haley.
• Fight, 200 block of South Salinas.
• Highway 135 at East Clark, vehicle rollover one red tag, critical.
• Premises check at Washington School on Lighthouse Road.
Scanner reports, Sunday:
• Medical call 400 block of East DLG.
• Subject 112 West Cabrillo, yelling at passersby and challenging.
• Wanted subject on electronic monitoring, Cabrillo and Anacapa, stalker.
• Vehicle blocking 1100 Block of East Gutierrez.
• People possibly doing drugs in a vehicle parked in a car port in the 3600 Block of San Remo.
• 594 Vandalism in the 2000 block of Chapala.
• Vehicle into a pedestrian in a garage injury accident 3900 block of Maricopa.
• Truck vs bicyclist, Cathedral Oaks at Arundel Road.
• Theft of a phone at the casino.
• Minor injury accident Nopal at Cota, possible broken foot.
• Medical call, 3700 block of San Remo.
• Traffic injury Highway 154 at Armour Ranch, 2 injuries.
• Disturbance at the Alpha Thrift Store in the 5600 block of Hollister. Medical call, fall victim, 4200 block of Calle Real.
• Laptop stolen from a residence in the 6600 block of Trigo.
• Fall victim in front of Fire Station One, 100 block of West Carrillo.
• Annoying skateboarders, Los Olivos at Anacapa.
Will that is all outta me for now. Have a great Monday. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho. Jerry, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Walter, Fred, Rambo, Sherry, Magruder, Cody, Don, Edwin, Carl, Stan, Elmo, Kent, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks and Chris willing, we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger