Scanner Reports 6-3-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
This is the beginning of a new month where I'm running around trying to get my bills paid rent, internet, etc.. I used to do it all on foot except for the things I mail. Sometimes I take the bus now, compared to walking on foot riding the bus is like cruising on a cloud, though I still don't ride the bus as much as I should; it's a bad habit not riding the bus. My feet hurt like hell, I'd be in really bad shape if I was out there on the road with no where to go, been there many times when I was younger. I did not have these problems then, if I had I might not have ever left, though things most likely would have been worse. My childhood was rough all the way around, my parents were drunks: one was physically abusive, the other one mentally abusive. When one died, the other one did not want me; I had issues too. I got sent away and did not like the places I got sent to, so as soon as I had a chance, I'd run. There were a couple of places I went to as a juvenile that were good places, looking back I wish I would have given them more of a chance instead of giving up and hitting the road, but I did not trust anyone by the time I got to those places, so I ran. When I ran away I did not always leave town, sometimes I'd squat in an abandoned building or residence, stay with others, sleep in cars, or in the bushes. A couple times I stayed with relatives of other kids who were in the boys home, both times I did that I had good experiences.
A big No No was trusting adults that I did not know, they usually wanted something and it wasn't good; they usually wanted sex. They had all kinds of ways to get what they wanted, many of which their victims never see coming. I don't believe in prayer much anymore, but when I hear of a runaway or see a homeless kid out on the streets, I pray for them because I know what it's like and I don't want them to experience what I have. My neighbors have kids. They are good kids; they go to school, study, do what their folks ask them to. Mom and Dad are both there and they are good parents. It's nice to see that something I did not grow up with. I hope the young girl that left her grandparents' home on Thursday is back now, but if not, I hope she goes back soon; the street is no place for a kid... Here is your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 400 Block of Anacapa in an apartment: yelling, items being thrown.
- Illegal Camper at Silly Hall 735 Anacapa.
- Highway 101, Railroad tracks, near Garden street illegal camper on private property asked to leave by employees of business became combative, police called.
- Three juveniles running from security at SBJR High School.
- Keep the Peace at PATH.
- Large camp in the 300 Block of Laguna.
- Group of Gang Types Haley at Milpas streets.
- Suspicious circumstances in the Lobby of SBPD 215 East Figueroa.
- Foot Patrol 1100 Block of State street.
- Smoke in the attic of a structure in the 600 Block of Holly.
- Illegal camper 130 North Calle Chavez on the sidewalk.
- A male took a cell phone from a female at Goodwill in the 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- Suspicious Subject who might be mentally challenged in the 3900 Block of State street male following females between Ross and Starbucks.
- Highway 101 Northbound at Los Almos Motorcyclist down on the on ramp.
- Suspicious male was in reporting parties unlocked vehicle in the 400 Block of Linda Road WMA in his 30's left in a silver Sion with 3 other males.
- Gas odor inside the Haley Hotel 26 East Haley.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation 100 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Missing gun 6 Shot revolver blue with a black handle last seen at Samarkland a few missing guns floating around.
- Drunk guy yelling in front of Cottage ER.
- Rape investigation at the police station Downtown, SBPD.
- Group of gang types flashing gang signs at passing motorists Bohnett Park West Side.
- Keep the Peace child custody 500 Block of West Canon Perdido.
- 245pc Assault with a vehicle on Blackwood Court in Orcutt vehicle is a white Chevy Malibu.
- Suspicious subject sitting in a chair on the reporting parties front lawn talking to himself has something in his hand 700 Block of San Miguel, subject is making the reporting party nervous.
- Large group carrying what appears to be a dead body at East Side Park 200 North Soledad all I heard was code 4 so it probably wasn't a dead body.
- A juvenile female under the influence of drugs or alcohol told a reporting party she was raped, they were in the 1200 Block of Chapala when the reporting party was told. Unknown where it occurred or if police found the young female. Last I heard they were looking around the area for her.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Vehicle Accident Harris Grade at the Summit 3 Injuries.
- 415 Unknown type female being chased by a drunk male Quarantina and Cacique SBPD found her on Powers around the corner.
- 9900 Block of Creek Road vehicle vs a Motorcycle.
- Premises check Bohnett Park.
- Med call for a subject under a Dark Tarp not moving highway 101 Northbound State street off ramp Fire Department, Medics, Police responded and under the tarp was.
- Vespa vs vehicle injury accident Micheltorena at San Andreas.
- Non injury city involved traffic accident Fire Truck 2600 Block of Bath street.
- Illegal camper 300 Block of Laguna.
- 200 Block of River Park overdose.
- Holly at 4th street Black Lab in traffic.
- Transient in Rite Aide 825 State street with blood on him.
- 415 Domestic Family Father vs Son First Block of West Padre.
- Highway 101 Entrence on Carrillo Northbound a Disabled vehicle.
- 242 In the gym at D.P. HS On Alemada one student hit another in the face 242pc.
- Report of a woman passed out in a car with a large amount of money around her and the vehicle in the Union Bank Parking lot in the 3400 Block of State street SBPD responded she was gone or never there in the first place.
- Premises check Washington School 290 Light House.
- 417 Brandishing a knife toward the Life Guard tower 5 600 Block of East Cabrillo subject arrested.
- Subject down in the planter box First West Haley will it is Spring Time and it's about the time to plant Drunks if you want to harvest them in 6-8 weeks just in time for Fiesta.
- SBPD on a group of juvenile gang types in the Rabo Bank Parking Lot 914 Carpinteria Ave they ran but I think they managed to catch up with acouple.
- Flossing the Rails...A subject walking on the rail road tracks while flossing his teeth from 300 South, I never heard South what but figured they was gonna say Milpas cause it just sounded that way.
- Unresponsive Drunk 100 Block of HarborWay Med Call.
- 415 pc 2 Females Bath at Carrillo not sure if they were fighting or just arguing.
- 242 Assault Fire, Medic, and SBSO response on Seaview in Montecito.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Suspicious males wearing backpacks in a back yard in the 100 Block of Olive Mill reported as prowlers last seen heading toward the Biltmore.
- 1036 Frank Butterfly Beach subject with a felony warrant heard no more.
- Someone called in a brush fire behind City Hall but there was no brush fire there. Engine one responded along with SBPD and investigated.
- 415 Domestic with a female yelling for someone to call 911 in the 1500 Block of Chapala.
- Subject trying to kick down a door in the 3900 Block of Maricopa possibly 5150, Subject has threatened to kill the reporting party before but no weapons seen SBPD responded heard no more.
- 300 Block of East Guiterrez check the welfare of a male slumped over in his wheel chair blood on his blanket.
- Med Call Casa Blanca 300 Block of State street.
- 415 Domestic 300 Block of Oceano female heard saying "Don't hit me."
- Med Call 1000 Block of DLV Seizures.
- Drunk at the Shell Fish Company on Sterns Wharf.
- 415pc Transient trying to fight passerbys at 618 State street.
- Code 40 Drunk refusing to leave the Amtrak Train 209 State street she went to the Sober Center.
- Injury traffic accident Guiterrez at Alisos.
- Premises check Adams School.
- 242 Assault at Gelsons Market in the 3300 Block of State street subject last seen walking toward the post office on State street.
- 415 Subject refusing to leave the Antique Store at the Summerland Inn 2200 Block of Ortega Hill.
- 415pc Threats investigation 101 West Carrillo at the gas station someone threatened to 242pc an employee.
- Reckless bicyclist running red lights down State street from Hope Avenue.
- Med Call for a man down in the 2200 Block of Broadway in Santa Maria.
- 415 Transient refusing to leave the parking lot of Smart and Final 217 East Guiterrez covered in feces and blood.
- Possible 415pc Fight at Skaters point large group on one subject.
- 415pc Subject yelling in the 3900 Block of State street.
- Large group with one subject bleeding in the parking lot of Rustys 414 North Milpas not sure what it was responding police said code 4 rightaway bleeding subject refused treatment maybe the guy fell down it happens.
- 415pc Transient knocking on the door of Calvery Chapel early morning asking to be let in he had a shopping cart with him
So, they called the police for a homeless person asking to be let in a so called Church. I hope the homeless person found a real church to go to, I really don't believe they exist anymore. Anyway, have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Mrs. MacArthur, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Jun 04, 2019 10:43 AM
I've read most run away teens who become homeless left their home because of abuse by 1 or both parents. Roger, what a sad upbringing you had.