Scanner Reports 6-24-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Funny I was going to write about the fireworks for today but everyone beat me to it. I was reading on the internet about the FireWorks because I have been hearing about it going on all over the country. Every year without fail before the 4th of July there are always fireworks going off, has been for beers and beers as long as old Roger has been around and even before when I was skinny. This year there were the protests, where fireworks were shot off all over the place and one might be blending into the other every now and again. What I read is that people are BORED, they are stuck at home unable to go to work and these fireworks are one of the results of that boredom that makes more sense to me. As I was speaking to one of my Sisters this morning, she told me a story about how she was looking for a bicycle to ride while she had to stay home to keep fit. Her kid took her to Target and Walmart there was NO BICYCLE to be found at either place because everyone else had the same idea. She was able to find a bicycle for FREE on Craigslist. Boredom makes sense, there are some places where fireworks are legal to buy and used them. I used to like blowing things up to when I was younger then one day I got attacked and almost murdered by a neighbor because it hurt his dogs ears. I did not know that, I never knew that. I never would have fired them off had I known that. All he had to do was explain that to me, not beat the HOLY HELL out of me to drive it up my YaZOO! Anyway, I have not done the firework thing for a long time because of animals and folks with PTSD. I usually talk to my neighbors around this time of year about it. I just want to know if they are going to light em off so I can make sure my fur baby is safe. They always think I'm going to call the police on them because I'm Roger Dodger but I don't call the police on people very much unless they are doing something really bad. FireWorks usually go off all over town on or around the 4th of July and the police are busy with everything. I vote for BOREDOM there are other reasons too, Google Away you will see...HERE are YOUR SCANNER RONI REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Subject having a nervous breakdown in a Church Parking lot on Auhay in a vehicle in Noleta.
- Subject yelling a throwing trash 800 Block of East Yanonali
- Audible Alarm Fire, no fire 700 Block of Rock Bridge
- The Arsonist or maybe it's The Arsonists Daughter that was walking along the train tracks in Santa Barbara on the West Side along the tracks lighting fires. Female 17-20 years old brown hair red tye dye shirt bandana last seen Northbound on Castillo if they catch her I hope they put her mug shot on edhat
- Hit and Run at Hollister and Fairview
- Transients in the area of Whole Foods and Dunkin Do-Nuts throwing rocks breaking windows one guy was throwing rocks at cars then broke a window at Dunkin DoNuts.
- Med Call 1116 DLV.
- Med call 205 Bath turned out to be a guy sleeping.
- Overdose in the Pershing Park bathroom 100 Block of Castillo.
- Med Call 3300 Block of State street.
- 417pc Knife brandishing Milpas and Cabrillo.
- Med call 5400 Block of Hollister.
- Medical Call Taco Bell.
- Heard this nothing else Coroner clearing El Cielito and Gilbraltar Road.
- Public Assist 400 Block of Diblee
- 459pc Burglary was in progress when the call went out 5900 Block of Hickory.
- Medical call 1300 Block of San Pascual.
- Assault 400 Block of East Thompson Blvd Ventura.
- Suicidal female on Butterfly Beach, wants to get drunk and go swimming forever. Her vehicle was parked on Channel Drive but she was not in it. Probably forgot all about it laying on the beach.
- Footsie Patrol 700 and 800 Blocks of State street.
- Drunk female taking off her clothing on Stearns Wharf found at the foot of the wharf wanted to fight the law you know the end of the story.
- First Block of State street premises check.
- Vegetation Fire 9500 Happy Canyon Road
- Woman and 2 Juveniles walking on the tracks Palm at 6th
- Weirdo on the Wharf in a tan Toyota Corolla told the reporting party he "Kids were nice." Not sure how it was meant weird so I said Weirdo
- Check the Welfare of an elderly reporting party and her code 40 Son.
- 2700 Block of Miradero hit and run.
- Suspicious circumstances 3700 Block of Capri Drive.
- Stabbing victim dropped off at Cottage by subjects in 2 White 4-door sedans.
- Check the welfare of a male in traffic 900 Block of Chapala.
- Subject with a rifle pointing it in someones direction 5800 Block of Calle Real 4 subjects involved in a white Ford sedan suspect was staying at Motel 6 up the street I do not know the rest of the story.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Vehicle fire in front of a residence 1000 Block of Old Mill Road in Santa Maria.
- Premises check 1000 Block of State street.
- Medical 1400 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road.
- Medical call at Starbucks 3900 Block of State street
- Detective units responded to Nectarine Avenue in Goleta looking for someone I think they took someone in custody heard that but did not catch for what.
- Medical 300 Block of West Carrillo
- 415pc Argument over a hit and run in the 900 Block of San Pascual
- Med Call McDonalds 3940 State street.
- Silent panic alarm Cottage ER no crime
- Someone swallowed their sim card and meth in the county somewheres?
- Hazard Condition investigation First Block of North Voluntario Electrical SCE Responded.
- 415 Yelling at Amtrak 209 State street and smoking H&S, Employee locked in the office.
- Premises check 800 Block of East Yanonali.
- Fire Alarms no fire First Block of Anacapa.
- Stranded motorist public assist Canon Perdido and San Andres
- Traffic Stop 2300 Block of Garden street on a silver Chevy Cruze.
- Animal control request at the city police station 215 East Figueroa.
- Landline Report one ex committing fraud against the otter. And so it goes.
- 41 South Milpas medical aide.
- Male subject losing his cool at Jalama Beach hit a Ranger yelling agitated yelling at the wife and kids Lompoc.
- Subject under the influence 415pc With Staff at the Salvation Army 423 Chapala.
- 415pc Verbal argument at Marshalls 900 Block of State street
I was watching Karen videos on YouTube, an old white guy was trying to toss a young gal out of the swimming pool area because she wasn't there with her parents. She was in her early 20's and she told him, "I am a woman, not a child." He says back, "C'mon don't play the Woman Card now." Some of us older white men are stupid.
On MONday I decided to take a break and walk up to Trader Joes since I had not been out of the house for a bit and had started to gain weight again, too much weight. I paced myself but on the way back started to sweat heavily. Going through the MILPAS UNDERPASS was a cool wind and with the sweating, I felt very strange. You get older you feel like shit going for a walk especially if you hadn't done it in a while. When I got home I was pretty freaked about the sweat then read on Web Md that it could because I haven't been moving around much for a while. My sister told me it could be my blood sugar too, after a while I felt better. I need to walk a bit again and not sit around so much. Will have a great Happy, Humpster Day...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry,, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, David Cox, Po, Firefighter Robert, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Josept, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Lucky, Tom Petty, John Prime, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Bill, John, Marianne and Chris willing we will pee you on FRYday. Later, Roger