Scanner Reports 6-21-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
The argument between the Major and City Councilman the other day as described on Noozhawk really bothers me because I feel that behind the scenes of beautiful Santa Barbara the city is drowning in band-aides. Councilman Dominguez is right, he wants to do things the right way; building a strong foundation is the right way to go, not put band-aids on the problems until the next Major and City Council people come along. Considering the homeless issue: five million dollars a year for enforcement and clean up, and one million to fix the problem? So, that is one million dollars a year to cure homelessness in Santa Barbara which really should have been cured in the first plan in 2010 or 2011. In 1999 or so there was 12 Year plan to cure homelessness, I guess we're on the 2nd plan now. Pretty soon it will be the 100 Year plan to cure homelessness which basically is a business, it's ignorant to deny that it's not, it's an industry. 5 million for enforcement and clean up and one million per year to cure homelessness is only to continue to maintain the business. It covers salaries. No wonder there are so many homeless camps that never get cleaned up, piles and piles of garbage in the bushes hidden from public view, on-off ramps, on ramps and behind businesses, so the Democratic Party once again will refuse to endorse Councilman Jason Dominguez. That is too bad. Regardless of their endorsement, I will again be voting for Councilman Dominguez; though I may not always agree with his actions and decisions, he is willing to make things right and work for the people. Here are your Scanner Reports...
Scanner Reports, Wednesday
- Ortega park premises check 7:30a.
- 415pc Female yelling in the 800 Block of North Milpas at 5:55am CARES, Transport code 2 AMR.
- Suspicious male near a vehicle 520 Pine Avenue had the door open when discovered he ran away at 6:25am, WMA grey hoodie carrying a grocery bag.
- Emergency Amtrak Train hit a Tree I believe in it's approach to Santa Barbara from the South. The train made it to the Santa Barbara depot and then onto Ellwood where it offloaded the rest of the passengers to wait for another engine as this one had some damage.
- 2 Tourists were yelling and disturbing at McDonalds 1213 State street at 6:50am.
- 242pc Assault McDonalds 1213 State street Subject who committed Assault known to police warned to not go back to McDonald's or they will be arrested for Trespassing.
- 415pc Tourists disturbing at the gazebo at Alameda Park 100 Block of East Sola.
- Premises check at East Side Park 7:37am.
- Burglary to a vehicle 1600 Block of East Clark at 7:38am.
- 415 Domestic over child custody in the 1400 Block of Almond at 7:50am.
- 6500 Block of Del Playa 2 males one female stealing unlocked bicycles from a bicycle rack and putting them in a black Chevy 4x4 Truck at 8:am.
- Dwight Murphy premises check 8:05am.
- Mission Hills Market on Burton Mesa found open unattended with a possible bullet hole in the window in Lompoc at 8:13am.
- SBPD looking for a blue Mustang involving 422pc threats, 415 Domestic in the area of Figueroa and Santa Barbara streets found the vehicle in the 1000 Block of Figueroa street with the couple involved inside at 8:15am.
- Chase Palm Park Extention premises check.
- Report of a tourist sleeping on a mattress under some bushes 600 Block of West Micheltorena street at 8:50am.
- Fire reported out in the deli section of Vons 2010 Cliff Dive 9:am.
- Parking violation Hitchcock at Calle Real at 9:05am.
- Suicidal subject at the SBCC Library 10;43am 700 Block of Cliff Drive
- 6500 Block of Pardall at Wells Fargo someone trying to pass phony 100.00 Bills at 2:55pm.
- Juveniles playing on the railroad tracks near Carpinteria State Park at 3:37pm.
- Van One transporting a combative subject to County jail with two units following at 3:50pm.
- 20001 Felony Hit and Run 3900 Block of Silverleaf in Santa Maria at I did not list the time.
- Possible elder abuse 200 Block of North Milpas subject attempting to sell items to an elderly victim.
- Tourist harassing employees at Smart and Final at 5:29pm what is it with those tourists?
- 2 Shoplifters at Home Depot at Market Place
Scanner Reports, Thursday
- Tourist harassing transients First block of West Haley stealing items from hotel guests at 7:02am.
- SBSO Warrant service on Magnolia in Goleta, then in the 2200 Block of Modoc for a subject with a 100,000.00 warrant at 7:24am.
- Traffic stop on a white Mazda in the 200 Block of East Los Olivos.
- Trespasser from the great state of Texas on the railroad tracks between Milpas and Calle Caesar Chavez subject had no warrants and was clear on an ID Card not all Tourists are crooks.
- 415pc Argument over parking Nopal and Cota.
- Premises check on a vacant residence in the 800 Block of Reddick street. around 8am.
- Ortega Park premises check 8:15am.
- East Side Park Premises check 200 Block of North Soledad.
- Man Down 8:35am 1600 Block of McClellan.
- 200 Block of East Los Olivos traffic stop on a silver Honda.
- Silly Hall premises check 8:37am.
- Hidden Valley Park premises check 8:44am.
- At 8:55am and before I heard loud moaning it came from the Habit 216 South Milpas guy on the ground back pain med call I have constant back, hip, leg, pain. They tell me it's preexisting conditions and I show them my pre-existing middle finger.
- Med-Call for a concussion at McDonald's in the 3900 Block of State street.
- Premises check Ledbetter Beach 9:28am.
- 415pc Patient threw himself to the ground and refused treatment I wonder what he went there for then? Cottage Hospital 320 West Pueblo.
- Overdose in the bathroom 222 West Carrillo CVS Pharmacy.
- Premises check Hondo Valley Park 10:26am.
- 415pc Tourists raising hell at Office Max and Smart and Final behind Office Max a female with a stick. Something is always going on over there.
- I heard there was a report of an illegal burn near Cabrillo and highway 101 but did not hear if it was ever found.
- Premises check 1:32pm Sunken Gardens at the Old Court House.
- Threats investigation FedEx 1000 Block of State street at 2:50pm.
- Vehicles blocking lanes 3707 State street.
- 415 Domestic Tahoe Drive county.
- An aggressive panhandler in front of the Apple store in the 900 Block of State street.
- 500 Block of Anacapa illegal camper.
- 415pc Mother Daughter Por La Mar at Ninos, daughter left in a white Chevy truck and hit and ran a sign she was caught up with later on trying to ditch the police on a bicycle at Gutierrez and Olive streets.
Don't you just love people who offer to do something for you say they are going to do it over and over again then somehow decide to change their minds meanwhile you show up day after day expecting this good thing and it's never there then the jerk who offered this thing to you starts treating you like crap as if your a freeloader...Anyway, Have a great weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Benie, Ricky, Mrs. MacArthur, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger