Scanner Reports 6-2-17
So I like discovering new websites on the computer, useful ones are best. One of my favorites is the Southern California Earthquake Data Center. It lists all earthquakes in California and Nevada within just a few moments of occurring. No more searching through the USGS site to find out whether or not we have had a quake, I just check this page out. In fact, I have it on my favorites. I like to scan through my favorite pages looking at different things, so I check out this page all the time. It's pretty helpful. I thought some of you might like it too, so I'm mentioning it. I found it by accident while Googling.
I was watching a re-run of Criminal Minds. Anyone ever watch the show? I don't have cable anymore, just have a box that picks up a few channels. Actually it's better not paying all that money. Anyway, I wonder if any of the writers of that show live in or around Santa Barbara, because one of the character names of the victims on the show was the same name of one of the repeat 5150's in Santa Barbara. This person’s name always comes over the scanner. I could just see one of the writers thinking out loud, "Now what do I name her? Hmm." In the background the dispatcher on the scanner "5150 over in the 900 block of San Pasqual banging on the walls and yelling, Connie". She has since moved out and is elsewhere, but I still hear her name from time to time. I was kinda shocked when I heard she was a victim on Criminal Mimes. That would be cool a criminal mime, huh? Anyway, my old fish dog, Fish Head is better now. That makes me happy; doesn't take much. Healthy cat and fish dogs and a well done steak covered in ketchup makes Roger happy.
Here’s your scanner-roni reports, Happy Wednesday:
- Vegetation fire, 2 miles south of Betteravia off Highway 101, possibly in a vineyard.
- Disturbance at the Alano Club, 235 East Cota, 20 subjects yelling inside.
- Non-injury accident involving a City vehicle, 402 East Cota.
- On South San Antonio Road, a resident of a half-way house tried to stab a staff member with a fork.
- Suspicious subject trying car doors in the 500 block of East Montecito.
- Injury traffic accident, 230 Santa Barbara Street.
- Medical call 200 block of West Valerio for an unresponsive male.
- Gas odor, 3rd floor of Antioch.
- Subject yelling and rolling around on the ground, 200 block of West Mason.
- Stalker stalking his victim several days now, 300 block of San Pasqual. I had this girlfriend once, we broke up, and a couple times after we broke up, I drove past her house. Just a couple times. I felt like a stalker and quit. My friend Brad caught her 8 years after we broke up, following me in my car. Really scared the hell out of him. Had a girlfriend, caught her in the bushes, pretty funny watching one big woman chasing another, fighting over little old me. That was when I was good looking. Now I look like a Mack truck.
- Auto burglary in a vehicle parked at the Food Bank on Hollister.
- Neighbors not getting along in the 500 Block of West Anapamu.
- Another brush fire, southbound 101 just north of the 154 in Buellton. Brush burning on the side of the road.
- Check on a disoriented female, Cota at Laguna, wearing hospital scrubs.
- Neighbors not getting along over on South Voluntario. My neighbors switched places the other night, started driving me crazy making all kinds of noise and yelling, so I got a bong and, you know what? It worked! I think everyone should get a bong!
- Mary 3 was on a traffic stop in the 1600 block of DLV.
- Theft from West Marine. That place gets hit a lot, 26 South Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Unresponsive male in a wheelchair in the middle of the road, State Street at La Cumbre.
- SBPD was looking for a wanted felony suspect in the 200 block of South Milpas.
- Bank robbery, Rabo Bank, 2220 Bath Street. Guy got away for now.
- Funny money at Home Improvement on East Gutierrez.
- Sprinkler head broken, water all over, 200 block of North Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Wash down for blood, subject was beating his head against a wall, 20 East Cota. SBPD and medics were on scene.
Scanner reports, Thursday:
- Leaf blower, break out the Bear Cat, in the 1200 block of Garden Street.
- Investigation of stolen vehicle, 300 block of West Sola.
- Premises check at Kids’ World.
- Check the welfare in the 6500 block of Hollister. On Star button pushed in a Silverado.
- Premises checks, 1300 &1400 blocks of Euclid Ave.
- Kid walked out of Arianna School, juvenile problem, 1800 block of Sandalwood.
- Premises check, Bohnett Park.
- Check the welfare of a bicyclist possibly down Micheltorena and San Andres.
- Stolen auto investigation, 500 block of Chapala.
- Medical call inside a vehicle on McClellan near the library, Santa Maria.
- Medical call at the VA Clinic for chest pains.
- Follow up on a case, 500 block of East Canon Perdido.
- Subject caught on fire, then a building caught on fire, 71 South Los Carneros, possible 3rd degree burns, unknown circumstances of fire, and or condition of the victim. I did hear the fire was either electrical or chemical.
- SBPD on a wanted subject in the 1200 block of Bath Street.
- 100 block of Valdez, neighbors disturbing. One neighbor is spraying the other neighbors’ car with water.
- Vegetation fire, 7000 block of Highway One, El Capitan Ranch Road, northbound off-ramp.
- Medical call for a male down Anacapa and Haley.
- Shoplifter at K-Mart wearing black shorts that go down to his knees.
- Domestic in the 600 block of Milpas.
- Suspicious circumstances, Girsh Park on Phelps Road, screaming coming from an underground area near the baseball field, possibly a tunnel.
- Non-injury hit and run investigation at the main County Sheriff station in Goleta.
- Phone report of a possible rape on the SBSO Channel, county call.
Will that is all outta me for now. Have a great weekend. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho. Jerry, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Walter, Fred, Rambo, Sherry, Magruder, Cory, Don, Edwin, Carl, Stan, Elmo, Kent, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks and Chris willing, we will see you on Monday. Later, Roger
Jun 12, 2017 04:57 PM
Re 20 individuals yelling at the Alano Club, 5-31. 6- Alano Club prez became perturbed and told those individuals "to get the f**k out", whilst screaming, " I am the president!!" Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Lord Acton