Scanner Reports 6-19-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Sometimes when I'm not feeling up to par and I feel like going to a bar to throw it all away, I say Whatdafuck? I remember better times like when I was working at Motel Hell-O on Upper State. One evening I got a call that there was a dead guy lying in the parking lot next to a car. I went out and sure enough, there was a dead guy on the ground on his back, he was a guest of the motel there for the weekend to visit a bar he owned. He was from Miami and owned lots of bars, he was Dead Drunk, but not Dead, Dead. He had almost made it to his room. I walked over and opened his door, went back, lifted him up over my back, took him in his room, placed him on his bed, took off his shoes, and left the room. A few moments later I got an AA big book out of my car, one that had people's names and phone numbers in it. At the top of one of the first pages wrote a gift from others at my First AA Meeting wrote his name on it took it to his room unlocked the door he was laying up right where I had left him on the bed still not dead. I lifted up his arm and placed the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous underneath like a Teddy Bear. I enjoyed taking care of my guests at Motel O While working there. It has been a rough week emotionally but someone called me an Asshole this morning and I feel better....HERES YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Med call Sunset Drive 3600 Block
- Med call 29 North Milpas McDonalds.
- East Beach in the parking lot someone trying door handles.
- Shooting started at the La Quita Inn in Ventura ended in Oxnard at the Castis Apartments on Orchard Place 3 people shot.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle on Otono street.
- Medical call Ross Dress for Less 3900 Block of State street.
- Controlled Burn called in as a smoke investigation on Long Canyon Road.
- Highway 166 at the 33 Vegetarian fire.
- A horse stepped on a juvenile in the 1700 Block of San Marcos Pass Road.
- Sexual Battery North Side of Santa Barbara.
- Medical call 1700 Block of San Pascual.
- Criminal threats investigation reported by landline.
- Child locked in a vehicle 300 Block of West Montecito.
- Suspicious subject Dwight Murphy Park in the bathroom.
- Subject suffering a nervous breakdown on De La Vina in a house, for his privacy I'm not saying the block.
- Suspicious vehicle 2008 Silver Durango expired toe tags possible drug involvement a lot of traffic.
- Quinientos and Alisos 415 of some kind disturbance.
- Emergency response Unknown Type DLG at State street.
- Medical call 500 Block of Canon Perdido.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Fall victim 1800 Block of Bath street
- Theft investigation at the old mission
- Rape in the 2800 Block of State street in a motel a couple weeks back I heard of several rapes in that area 2800 Block of State street.
- Semi vs Sedan on Chimney Rock Road in Templeton.
- Santa Maria Way at East Sunrise Drive Traffic Collision.
- West Main at Black Toad Traffic Accident.
- Emergency Response 1201 State street unknown type.
- Fire Alarms no fire 7266 Alemada Ave.
- 801 South Broadway female down across from bus stop.
- 100 Block of Downing Lane med call.
- Female with an injury bleeding profusely from the head 7-11 5700 Block of Hollister walking Southbound.
- Medical call on Camino Verde.
- 1144pc In the City death did not hear where Rest in Peace.
- Anapamu at Garden check the welfare of am elderly female.
- UI Male carrying a machete near Hammonds Beach probably looking for someone.
- Suicidal subject in Old Town Goleta in a residence.
- 273.5 Domestic Violence going on for hours 2800 Block of State street police got him.
- Pursuit of Suspect in Carpinteria Hit and Run, Burglary, Car Theft, ripped off a lot of stuff to change his appearance on his merry way.
- GVCH has a patient who is a victim of an assault.
- Ellwood Station Med call unconscious subject.
- Suicide attempt Hanging downtown area of Santa Barbara inside of a residence, I never heard anymore.
- Suspicious subject 1800 Block of Chapala.
- Traffic Stop 3900 Block of Mesa Lane
- 415pc Subject at the bus stop yelling profanities and about guns
- Aggressive dog call 600 Block of Lynwood.
- Suspicious subjects hanging out in DLG Plaza one guy with a knife two others with him later on heard something about an argument where a knife was pulled.
Will HELL. I have had a very rough week, very emotional tearing me apart, threats toward me being called abusive names, having talked shit back suddenly I'm the bad guy. I am so tired of the whole thing PEOPLE SUCK! I just want my slice then I will go away. Move out to the desert, box of paperback books, a Pepsi and a .12 gauge pump, leave me the hell alone. Can't forget the WEED. What really sucks about this family will crap going back and forth is that I am handicapped I cannot hardly walk anymore it is hard for me to keep my balance without falling down and I just want them to leave me alone. I want what was willed to me and I want to be left alone. I was always treated weird anyway I do not know how much time I have left because my body is not functioning the way it used to anymore. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me I just want to be left alone. Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO.- Poncho, Zeke, Denny, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Roger, Eddie, Bambi, Lafatette, Ted, Mark, Willie Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hitchcock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Lucky, Tom Petty, John Prime, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Bill, John, Marianne, WALDO and Chris willing we will see you on MONday. Later, Roger
Jun 19, 2020 10:39 AM
Sending you a hug, Roger.
Jun 19, 2020 10:51 AM
Hope you get your slice without much more fuss, Roger.
Thanks for everything you do to help keep us informed.
Jun 19, 2020 04:59 PM
Thanks working on my communication skills too..
Jun 20, 2020 07:35 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed, Roger.
Maybe you could find an Indiana Attorney who will take your case on contingency in exchange for a portion of your monetary award.
Jun 20, 2020 08:17 AM
Hang in there, Roger! You’re strong - tough!
I agree that you’d probably benefit from having an advocate of some sort to help you secure what’s rightfully yours. Stay strong!
Also, thank YOU for the very important service (& clever humor) you continue to provide our community. You brighten our days.
Jun 20, 2020 08:50 AM
We are working out our differences I would not want to go with an attorney there has been alot of misunderstandings.. My mother drank alcohol all her life and at the end and had wet brain Despite all the insane shit I went through, throughout my life with my family it could be much worse I could have BBQed them and ate them...My number one Sister and I are talking again my cousin and I are not but they think they are perfect "I got news for them!!!" I'm just kidding... My mom left me my little Sisters Insurance policy which I cashed in the money is on hold I had planned on giving it to her till her Son got drunk and threatened me on Facebook I think I'm going to buy him a tee shirt that says "I have a tiny you know what" but it actually says the "P" Word he drives a really big truck!!! It's like you walk into a room unsuspecting and get splattered with a cream pie to the face, next thing you know your throwing creme pies too...
Jun 20, 2020 10:09 PM
Roger, that is an amazing story! That is awesome that you did that. Did you ever find out from him if he decided to go to AA or did he learn that you did that for him? I hope you told him. Emotions are tough. When we are in the valleys, we have to remember that we aren't alone...hence everything you are seeing in scanner reports. We all struggle and we all are flawed and beautiful in our own ways. Just know that each time and upswing follows as well.