Scanner Reports 6-19-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I went for a walk on Monday, which I'm not supposed to do, but I went anyway in search of paperback books (not just any kind of paperback books but the kind you used to be able to find in the thrift stores by popular authors for 50 cents used). I was looking for Mystery, Horror, Thrillers, Western, and what I found was a first edition Gayle Lynds, The Assassins for 2 bucks, hardback. It may or may not be autographed; I'm not sure. Worth 50.00 bucks to someone named Catherine. I would much rather have paperbacks. I just read JA Jance Field of Bones and it cost me 8 Bucks. I guess that will have to do. I hit two thrift stores and could not find what I was looking for. I also went to Subway and bought two footlong subs on a coupon with gift cards and ate them both. Funny they did not really hit the spot or fill me up. Then I went to Trader Joes and Petsmart and got grub for me and Kitty.
I made several observations during my walk, which killed my feet and legs but made for an interesting day. On the way up Milpas I spotted a guy with a walker. The basket under the seat was filled with 24 ouncer Hurricane beers, like a dozen of them. I remember those days. Though I drank more, I maybe didn't drink as potent a beer because they were not around then. I thought when I saw this guy with his walker, that if STOBIE THE HOBO had lived long enough to retire this would be him. On up the street by the front of Trader Joe's was a woman waiting for a bus and a recycler with a grocery cart and a beer, resting. A police officer drove by and no sooner had he passed than the recycler got up, walked over to the bus stop sign facing Milpas street with people driving by and drained his lizard. Not one person looked his way. They all continued driving, eyes on the road. It was very strange, as if it was totally normal to pull out your lizard in public. On the way over to Catholic Charities, there was a guy talking loud on a cell phone. I could not help but hear what he was saying to the other guy over the phone, probably his Brother. He said, "OK you gotta go either to rehab, jail, or Homeless. It's up to you but if you get a room I'll pay half for 2 months. No you're not listening to me. Now you got to go. this has gone on long enough; I'll pay half for 2 months." I felt kinda sorry for the guy. I have taken people in before and most wore out their Welcome quickly. Maybe a couple were ok but most took over. I got to Catholic Charities. Thank the good God their restroom was open. In their thrift store is where I found The Assassins hardback book. On my merry painful way, I went. On the way back I saw the guy with the walker and the beer passed out in the bushes. Nice Camp; I'll have to remember that place since I'm poor as Dirt and the rich don't give a shit. I saw a guy talking to geraniums (yes flowers). I guess when you have no one else to talk to flowers are just as good as anyone. At the end of the day was a woman crying "But you brought me here where am I going to go?" It was a Domestic of sorts. A male, not a man, dumping his gal and her dog out on the streets for another gal, jerk. Leaving a woman, her dog and all her things with nowhere to go. Poor Woman. I hate males like that. Any friends I ever had in my life that did that to others, I dumped. While standing out front I met a nice gal named Daisy. She is staying at PATH and says it's a real good place to be. I have heard various reviews but hers was the best. That was the end of my day and my feet. Thank the good God for foot creme. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Med call 1000 Block of East DLG.
- Subject refusing to leave an address in the 500 Block of West Juinipero.
- 415 Domestic and a medical call 200 Block of South Salinas.
- Subject down in the elevator passed out city lot 2 900 Block of Chapala.
- 23103 Reckless 20002pc Hit and runner in a green Honda Accord; hit the mountain side and kept going. Harris Grade at the 135.
- Female threatening to burn down the church 1700 Block of Cliff Drive Holy Cross, last seen walking toward fire station 6.
- Camper must be a tourist at Silly Hall.
- Code 60 State at Guiterrez vehicle blocking.
- Med call 300 Block of Old Mill Road.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- Guy in the 200 Block of East Haley violating a restraining order by posting pictures of his ex-wife on his Facebook Page. He got arrested.
- Hiker in Medical Distress being flown in from Santa Cruz Island to Cottage hospital pain and weakness on left side 77 year old male.
- Mother daughter 415 Domestic 300 Block of South Salinas.
- 415 Domestic physical 400 Block of Rancheria.
- 23103 Reckless driver in old blue van Northbound Castillo from Ortega and circling DMV parking lot.
- Trespasser on the Tracks near the Ventura River Bridge. Male, looks homeless with camping equipment on a bicycle.
- 484 Shoplifter at the Chevron 401 West Montecito.
- 415 Tourist at the Habit 216 South Milpas bugging customers for moola.
- Drunk at PATH 816 Cacique.
- 6 HMA's with blue bandana's over their face hanging out Carillo and San Pasqual.
- A couple of Drunk tourists hanging out in front of Marshalls in the 900 Block of State street.
- Vehicles racing up and down Cliff Drive in the 3300 Block.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Male Shoplifter Vons Turnpike running for the Bus Stop.
- Med call for a subject just released from the county jail 4436 Calle Real, seizures.
- Premises check 323 East Cabrillo.
- Premises check Skaters Point.
- Premises check Cacique Foot Bridge.
- Illegal tourist sleeping on a patio in the 200 Block of Anacapa.
- 484 Petty Theft 6500 Block of Trigo.
- Subject named Jonathan in a powder blue truck threatened to burn down someones house on Ballard Canyon Road.
- Med Call for a subject bleeding behind a Shell gas station with PD on scene Channel Islands at Ventura Blvd.
- Smoker in the 800 Block of State street.
- Med Call code 2 1000 Block of Guadalupe street.
- 415 Family Son out of control 500 Block of West Montecito.
- 415 Room Mates 200 Block of West DLG.
- Female threatened by 3 males at Vera Cruz Park now standing by in another location for report 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- Vandalism to a sidewalk Franklin Center 1111 East Mason 7 juveniles involved.
- Premises check Ledbetter beach.
- Premises check East Side Park.
- Subject with a felony warrant Cottage Hospital 400 West Pueblo.
- Probation check 1900 Block of Castillo.
- Code 40, Drunk down at Greyhound 200 Block of State street.
- Med call subject bleeding from the mouth in the 1000 Block of Castillo.
- Vehicle accident silver Toyota into the guard rail Highway 101 Southbound at Los Carnoes.
- Check the welfare of a subject down in the driveway 515 North Milpas at KFC, WMA in his 50's brown shirt, jeans.
That is all outta me for now. Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Tomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur,Bengie, Rickie, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger