Scanner Reports 6-19-17
Someday I'm going to be homeless again unless I die first, so I have a hard time with some people who hate folks just because they are poor and or houseless. Some people are not meant to be big successful or rich. Some people try hard as they might, just never make it. Mommy and Daddy don't help them, as in the case of our president. What a fine example he is setting. Some of us get hurt and can't work no more, even though we paid into disability if we ever needed it. Some people want to turn us into a nice brewed cup of soylent green, drink up! I have been looking into alternative ways of living for my impending journey, as it pays to look into things and be prepared. One never knows when it's going to happen. When it does, I don't want to be homeless here anymore. I'd much rather walk somewhere or camp in the woods far away from everyone.
Here is your Scanner Reports, Friday:
• Subject in the parking lot refusing to leave McDonalds, 29 North Milpas.
• Medical call for an ill subject at Casa Esperanza.
• 6000 block of Copenhagen, vandalism.
• Check the welfare of an elderly woman who cannot find her home, she’s at Crown Liquor.
• There was a crew heading to the railroad crossing at Lookout Park to fix the railroad crossing lights; they wasn't working right.
• Trespasser at Blush on State.
• Subject down in the grass, 740 State Street.
• 100 block of West Carrillo, subject down in the bushes at Ralphs.
• Dolores, 4 suspicious subjects jumping into a van registered to an address in South Central LA, with a bag of stuff after leaving an address near Dolores and Meigs.
• Female disturbing at Trader Joes, 29 South Milpas.
• At Cottage Hospital, subject raising Hell in the ER.
• Firecrackers on Las Canoas, 1600 to 1800 blocks: or gunshots.
• Domestic 300 block of West Pedregosa.
• Shopping cart of the tracks, 100 block of Los Patos.
• Premises check, Cacique footbridge.
• Subjects ran for wants and warrants, Los Patos at the tracks, someone went to jail.
• Drunk near the tracks, 200 block of West Montecito.
• Report of a vehicle driving on the wrong side of the road, Hollister at Storke.
• Suicidal subject left Cottage Hospital with an injured hand.
• At Riverview Park, loud music.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
• Calle Caesar Chavez at the track, premises check.
• Suspicious meth head in an RV driving erratically, stopping, getting out yelling, etc. at SBCC.
• Burglary to a vehicle in Solvang.
• White Aerostar ripped off from a 5150 at Riviera Hotel on West Carrillo.
• Gas odor, Soledad and Gutierrez.
• Found property, 100 block of East Anapamu.
• Woman in a van across from GVCH screaming for help.
• Domestic, physical, in Dwight Murphy Park.
• 921 Anacapa, 2 dogs in a black Mercedes with the windows rolled up. Be happy I'm not the police. I'd take the dogs away, put the owner in the trunk and shut it.
• Medical call in front of Station 2, 816 Cacique, possible stroke.
• Subject disturbing at Amtrak.
• Muni code violation, 2 subjects working on a vehicle in the street, 700 block of Western.
• Jerk stealing mail in the 200 block of Valdez.
• Woman stuck in her vehicle after hitting a fence, 601 East Animal Poo.
• 5200 Armour Ranch Road, vandalism.
• Someone accidently locked an infant in a car with the keys at the horseshoe pits on West Alamar.
• Disturbance between a woman and some guy, 1000 block of Chapala.
• Smoke check vista point near Bradbury Dam and Cold Springs Bridge, nothing found.
• Bath and DLG, vehicle theft investigation.
• Report of kids lighting fireworks of the roof of La Cumbre Middle School on Modoc.
Scanner reports, Sunday:
• Non-injury hit and run on Ellwood Beach Drive, 400 block.
• 6600 block of Pasado, subjects trying door handles on cars.
• Jeep over the side on Highway 154 near the entrance to Lake Cachuma.
• Subject yelling that he wants to shoot himself, 100 block of East DLG.
• Forced entry for a DUI driver in the 6600 block of Pasado.
• Boat ran aground Beach Club Beach in Montecito.
• Medical for an unresponsive female fall victim at Samarkand.
• Domestic, physical, at the swap meet on South Kellogg.
• Gas odor at Elizabeth and Gutierrez.
• Medical at the county jail.
• Sola and Olive, 2 vehicles crashed, non injury but fluids on the ground.
• Seizures, Elks Lodge on South Kellogg.
• Seizures at Amtrak patient ran away before fire department and medics could respond.
• Assault investigation on E Street.
Will that is all outta me for now. Have a lovely Monday. Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Carl, Jonathan, Stan, Kent, C.J., Cory, Magruder, Don, Rambo, Sherry, Walter, Fred, Isabelle, Jerry, Edwin, Brad, Billy, Elmo, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, and Chris willing, we will see you on Wednesday. Later, Roger
Jun 20, 2017 09:07 AM
Roger, I was pregnant when James' sister died in a hiking accident (16 yrs old) so I named my baby girl after her. His other sister said that at her high school reunion a surprising number of classmates told her they had named a daughter for her sister.
Jun 19, 2017 03:15 PM
Of course it's Magruder used to drive me crazy but he was fun to drink with crazy as he was he missed his sister who passed before him so I think when he passed on he was ready to go I miss all my old friends.
Jun 19, 2017 09:18 AM
Roger, I'm glad you include Magruder in your sigh-off, I'm assuming it's James. He was such a dear little boy and when he was homeless he always gave me a big hug whenever we happened to run into each other. Even if you have another Magruder in mind, seeing the name brings me fond memories of James.