Scanner Reports 6-17-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Thinking about an old friend of mine lately and wondering whatever happened to him his name was Michael I cannot remember the last name I met him in Newhouse back in 1994 or 5ish.
He was a youngin and I knew he was messed up in the head because I sponsored him for a while until he got someone else he was a good kid, he was from the Santa Maria Area in his 20's at the time I cannot remember what he did for a living but he was a tradesman. Some people might remember him because one day he was on Hollister using a pay phone when there was a huge explosion nearby one of the cottages at the Modoc Motel exploded he dropped everything and ran over to see if he could help. He and another fella pulled a woman out of what was left of the cottage she passed away a couple of days later, in fact, 2 people have killed her and her husband. I remember Michael had a rough time after that as anyone would he was around 25 years old then so he might be around 48 now getting up there in the ages weird how suddenly out of the blue you start thinking about someone, then you see them hopefully I will run into him somewhere. Last time I saw him was in early 2000;s or thereabouts he was living in Summerland got himself a pretty gal and a nice pick-up truck I hope he is doing well. If anyone knows who I'm talking shit about, and you know how he is doing let me know........Been a lot of reported burglaries lately There are always burglaries but not all are reported a friend of mine who has been here many years told me there has always been a lot of burglaries here...Where some people around here go to work, there are others that go to work in their homes. I guess not everyone has alarms on their homes I never could afford much of that stuff either. Oh well here is the Scanner Reports...
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Commercial burglary 3500 Block of MacCaw, Mulligans.
- Subject looking in vehicle windows trying door handles 400 Block of West Carrillo witness willing to sign for vehicle tampering
- Subject calling 911 saying he needs help than adding threats toward the police if they don't respond quickly, quite a few showed up to help this person at Motel 6 3505 State street room 103
- Suspicious subjects going through trash bags in the 400 Block of State street
- Screaming Fighting Yelling in the 800 Block of East DLG.
- Vandalism investigation 295 Meggs Road.
- 242 Assault investigation 600 Block of Wentworth
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- 20001 Felony hit and run investigation 2000 Block of State street.
- 415pc Neighbors 200 Block of Santa Ynez court.
- 200 Block of Stearns Wharf tourists threatening a subject with a wooden shank near the bathrooms.
- Family member attempting to remove a loved one from Serenity House in the 900 Block of Miramonte.
- Traffic accident highway 101 Northbound North of Cat Canyon, non injury but medical call on scene.
- Alert 2 at the airport, aircraft a helicopter landed safe.
- Structure fire laundry mat fire 1300 Block of Saratoga.
- Traumatic injury 800 Block of Camino Del Sur.
- 500 Block of Park overdose.
- 2 Vehicle accident 1400 Block of East Cabrillo minor injuries 2.
- 415 Domestic 1600 Block of Chapala
- 415pc In the overflow area of Cottage hospital 320 West Pueblo.
- Check the welfare of a 5150 Anapamu at Anacapa.
- Stabbing on Hill Road in Ventura.
- Vehicle vs ped Hollister at Nogal.
- Vehicle vs bicyclist 802 East Haley injury.
- 415pc neighbors 3900 Block of Maricopa one threatened to shoot the other
- Silver Honda reckless texting 154 At Calle Real 6MEP8??
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Burglary 100 Block of West Mason.
- 20002pc Non injury hit and run see the reporting potty in the lobby of the Lemon Tree Inn
- Vehicle through a fence 40 feet off the roadway 9000 Block of highway 166
- Unresponsive sleeping male behind the wheel of a red truck 2626 Calle Real, he was sleeping. Med call.
- Two tourists fighting City lot 9 900 Block of Anacapa.
- Med call in a white Jeep highway 101 near Coast Village Road on the bridge.
- 415 Family 2100 Block of State street the Son is drunk in the back yard, code 2 Medics took him away.
- Tourist trying to light paper on fire Milpas at Montecito streets.
- Tourist passed out on a grassy noll near Los Banos swimming pool.
- Burglary res. 1500 Block of APS.-
- Vehicle vs ped, Maple at Carp. felony hit and run
- Burglaries 6500 Block of Del Playa.
- 415 Tourist banging on windows in the 800 Block of Cacique street.
- Burglary infestation in the 900 Block of Arbalito.
- Subject walking on the RR Tracks Los Positas.
- Subject trying to jump from a window 3800 Block of Casini Circle.
- 600 Block of Douglas Lane 242 Assault.
- Theft infestation at the station 215 East Figueroa.
- Snake in a backyard 3400 Block of Hazelnuts Court.
- CHP was chasing a black Kawasacki through town it was stolen busted at La Cumbre and Foothill enjoy jail I hear it's alot of fun in the Summer.
- 200 Block of West Canon Perdido 459pc Burglary.
- Assist 805 towing with getting a car out of up the creek in the 600 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Vehicle Rollover into a field 500 Block of Foxen Canyon.
- 415 Domestic over child custody at the Hilton 633 East Cabrillo. Father in the parking lot.
- CSI at Mels (don't know why).
- 242 State street at Guiterrez Assault victim in Cottage ER.
- Fire alarms at the zoo shipping area, workers on scene; they might have set it off.
- 2 Subjects with 16 warrants total going to jail for a day or so. Drunk in public mostly.
- Stray chocolate Lab: State and Guiterrez blue harness.
- Tourist refusing to leave the nursery school area of Vera Cruz Park.
- With two peds highway 101 off-ramp at Los Positas.
- Road Raged motorcyclists that don't like to get honked at. highway 101 at Bell boxed in a vehicle, afterward continued South on the 101.
- Premises check Cleveland School.
- 600 Block of Surfview drive suspicious subject going through the trash WMA Blue Mazda Massachusetts plates.
- Burglary to a residence in the 1700 Block of Shoreline Drive.
- Check the welfare of a subject slumped over in a wheelchair near the Canary Hotel 31 West Carrillo.
- Shoplifter in Custody Macys 3805 State street.
- 415 Physical fight between a male and a female at highway 154 and painted cave.
- Med Call 702 Anacapa choking.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Vehicle accident 101 Northbound at Santa Claus Lane U-Haul van vs a Blue Sedan, injury.
Well that is it out of me for now. Have a lovely week and enjoy the full Strawberry Moon...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomicina, Tiger, Maxwell, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo,, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One and Two, Poncho, Denny Deam, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bambi, Eddie, Ricky, Bengie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Mrs. MacArthur, Bommy Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBIE THE HOBO, John Hancock,Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see on you WEDnesday. Later, Roger