Scanner Reports 6-12-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
All the people calling for Defunding the Police, not having police officers at all but non-violent social workers, I cannot believe something like that would ever happen here but if it did it would be interesting. A non-violent social worker going into a barricaded person's house to talk him or her down after they just chopped up their whole family, good luck with that. I'm sure if you served the suspect with Milk and Cookies fluffed up his pillow he'd go right to sleepy poo. A little valium in the milk might help. Let's just take away some of the militarized tools, the police really don't need to capture suspects: those armored SWAT vehicles, the Humvee's that they use in SWAT operations when suspects are shooting at them. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen and why does a police officer have to die for a citizen when they don't have to? Truth is the police really do not have to "Protect and Serve citizens."
The Supreme Court has ruled that the government has only a duty to protect persons who are in custody. "Neither the constitution nor State law imposes a general duty upon police officers or other government officials to protect individual persons from harm even when they know harm will occur," Darren Hutchinson a professor and associate dean of the University of Florida Law School. Funny thing, in most cases they "Protect and Serve" anyway, at least here but if they are defunded and cannot get the tools they need to get the job done I guess citizens will have to take care of things themselves or call a social worker. Like the guy in town who called the police on juveniles who were annoying him then armed himself with a loaded gun last week here in town. If we did not have the police here who told him to put the gun away, there might have been some dead or wounded kids here in Sunny Santa Barbara what a sight that would be, a Horrible sight......HERE are YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- East Bettervia at Telephone Road Traffic Accident Santa Maria
- Code 40 Drunk in a car in the 400 Block of East Arrellaga got out of the vehicle dropped his telly phone, picked it up got back in his vehicle brown sedan tint windows.
- Fire Alarms 1800 Block of Santa Barbara street.- Vehicle into a ditch San Antonio Creek.
- Wanted Subject West End of Alameda Park.
- Hit and Run non injury 1200 of DLV, suspect East Bound on Anapamu green camper truck with shell, I heard of a vehicle with that description before
- Fall victim head injury 100 Block of South Milpas street
- Med call 1116 DLV Garden Court
- 20001 Felony hit and run Casino Drive at Highway 246 suspect in a blue minivan got a way.
- Medical call 600 Block of East Micheltorena.
- Stolen vehicle from Ventura located in Carpinteria.
- Blown transformer and fire 3700 Block of Telegraph Road.
- I heard a 290 Registered sex offender who is also a registered gun owner in the County funny you can be a sex offender and be a registered gun owner but if you have a prescription for medical weed you cannot be a registered gun owner.
- 242 Assault Bath and Yanonali between 2 women
- Motel 6 3505 State street medical call 1144pc Rest in Peace.
- Male standing on the corner of San Andres and Sola in his Underpants.
- Female spray painting customers in a business on West Figueroa last seen walking South on State street.
- Dumpster fire 6700 Block of Abrego.
- West Sola at San Andres traffic accident probably looking at the guy in his Undies, non injury.
- Vehicle accident Cathedral Oaks road at Gerard vehicle accident.
- Med call 300 Block of West Carillo.
- Subject refusing to check out Motel 6 443 Corona Del Mar at the beach. They sure don't seem to have a problem checking out at the other Motel 6's in town.
- 417pc Brandishing a paint roller handle 60 Year old Male 3900 Block of State street, last seen 55 South La Cumbre sounds like he's out to paint the town.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Bicyclist Down major injuries Cathedral Oaks at North San Marcos Road.
- Code 40 Drunk Taco Bell 821 North Milpas.
- Code 3 Medic's Fire to Taco Bell 821 North Milpas, med call.
- Vegetation Fire highway 101 at Woodchipper Buellton.
- 242pc 35 State street 2 Males were fighting the aggressor ran up Stearns Wharf but the police caught up to him and took him into custody.
- Lines down 5500 Block of Timbrook they were cable lines.
- Med call Salvation Army 423 Chapala.
- 459 Burglary investigation 459pc Skaters Point.
- Highway 101 Southbound North of Reynolds Traffic Accident motorcyclist down.
- 400 West Pine Med Call.
- 125 First street Gun Shot SO on scene I think this is part of the active shooter in Paso I hear calls once in a while
- A suicidal subject at the Super 8 in Goleta Hollister at Fairview
- Fire Alarms no fire 400 Block of La Marina.
- Smell of smoke with visual Inspiration Point up in the Hills no fire.
- 600 Block of Central HMA Sitting in a possibly stolen vehicle jibber jabbing on the telly phone being watched by the Police
- Check the Welfare subject in the 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Check on a group of Transients in Pershing Park.
- Grand Theft Bicycle 200 Block of East Sola.
- Premises check Harbor Parking lot 132 Harbor Way.
- Traffic Accident North Western at Agnes in Santa Maria.
- Grand Theft Bicycle 200 Block of East Sola bicycle returned suspect HMA walking South on Santa Barbara Street wearing a back pack.
What a morning, Joey bought in a rabbit and dropped him on the floor before I could get my first sip of coffee. little BASS TURD! Took me 2 hours to catch the little FOCKER and get him out of the house, he was injured but he flew like a BAT OUT OF HELL THROUGH THE BACK LOT. Anyway I'm too damn old for this crap now I'm getting ready to smoke some grade A WEED...Anyway Have a great Weekend Ya All drink lots of fluids so you don't have a Heat Stroke Remember...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Pat, Mavis, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Little Mac, Lucky, John Prime, Tom Petty, Rich Mullins, Charley Bukowski, Bill, John, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger