Scanner Reports 6-10-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
"No justice, no sleep..." That's what I was thinking Sunday morning around 3:30 am after hearing what sounded like a group of drunks yelling, then a cat howling in pain. I called 911 for the cat but they were too busy, so I had to go out but I did not go rightaway because I'm old and not able to walk so well. Last thing I want is to fall down because there I'd be. It happened earlier around 2:40 or so; I could not tell which way they went from the sound, but after walking around a bit it had to be Cacique I walked all over looking for the cat never found it, I was up all night after that No Justice No Sleep I couldn't get to sleep after hearing that poor cat cry so I just sat here listening to calls.
On FRYday I heard a racket out in the yard, I did not know what was going on so I went out to look and there was a man with a portapotty on a dolly in our yard. I asked him if I could help him, he asked if it was ok to park here a minute, he had to deliver the portapotty next door, I said "Of Course." I followed wondering why they were ordering a portapotty when they already had a bathroom there? The bathroom next door was no more, totally boarded up, and there was a sign there that read "This property under video surveillance" there was a camera near by. I guess the bathroom was finally destroyed by the people that were using it in the middle of the night. I heard weird noises out there at night, one recent morning I went over to look at it, the door had been torn off and it was covered in crap, it's too bad. Jim Thatan Senior built that bathroom a couple years before he passed away so the homeless would have a place to go to the bathroom, at least they did not destroy it until after he was gone. That explains why I found dookey in the yard the other day; I buried it and told the neighbors. Some of them are getting cameras, I cannot afford one right now, but since I don't sleep much anymore what the hell... Here is your Scanner Reports...
Scanner Reports, Friday
- 1800 Block of East Cabrllo smoke investigation near Los Patos and the tracks. There was a warming/cooking fire there and it was put out.
- Unresponsive patient med call 2400 Block of DLV.
- Wallet and a firearm found next to a trash can behind the Sun Shine Cafe in the 3500 Block of State street.
- 5Th and Rose in Ventura motorcyclist down.
- Over on Willow Wood a landlord rented a room to a male who became crazy after he was asked to put out a cigarette. the guy is on parole landlord afraid he will burn the house down North County.
- Bathroom heater fire now out 1600 Block of Loma.
- Premises check at Silly Hall.
- Highway one at Black fire in a ditch flames seen one caller.
- Premises check 300 Bath street on the rail road tracks.
- Premises check Oak Park.
- Castillo offramp on a camp.
- Smoking violators 2 1100 Block of East Mason.
- Threats investigation 100 Block of West Figueroa.
- Suspicious subject handing out on property of Cleveland School HMA in his 30's jumped a fence toward Salinas after being asked to leave the property.
- 415 Subject in Ortega Park challenging others to fight but typically he ranaway when police were called.
- 2 Transients fighting near the Dolphin Fountain.
- Man with what someone thought was a gun they did not actually see a gun but they thought he had a gun 1000 Block of Anacapa.
- Suspicious circumstances 1600 Block of Garden.
- Traffic accident in the Trader Joes Parking lot 1700 Block of South Victoria in Ventura.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Illegal homeless camp behind the 400 Block of West Sola.
- Commercial burglary in the 3400 Block of State street.
- SBPD requested to assist SBSO at Bohnett Park 1200 Block of San Andreas.
- Suspicious vehicle a black and white Crown Victoria cruising North on Chino street had been cruising the West Side neighborHOODS Slow.
- Neighbors arguing over parking in the 800 Block of East Figueroa.
- Subject using drugs in a bathroom in the 300 Block of West Carrillo left drugs in the bathroom and was still on the property when police responded and arrested him, Dummy.
- 41 Los Patos in the Bird Refuge parking lot subject sitting on a park bench with his panties down.
- Two subjects inside the Granada yelling.
- 5 Teen males threw a piece of candy at a woman's vehicle in the 800 Block of State street.
- A code 40, Drunk person in the woman's restroom at LaPlaya Stadium.
- Suspicious subject sleeping on a sofa outside 18 West Victoria.
- Stolen I-Phone investigation 1200 Block of Bath street.
- Smoke investigation outside Mohawk and Cliff.
- I actually heard this but I heard no more Traffic Accident and a Gun Shot Wound 500 Block of Cuesta Del Mar and that is in Oxnard.
- Reckless juveniles on Bicycles large group 1200 Block of Shoreline.
- Male and a female shooting a gun in a back yard possibly a bb gun in the 2000 Block of Castillo.
- Smoke seen in a backyard at Cypress and Primrose.
- Subject refusing to leave CVS 336 North Milpas street.
- 415 Transient yelling 28 West Cabrillo.
- Highway 101 Northbound at San Ysidrro Motorcyclist down.
- Premises check East Beach Vollyball courts.
- Missing person 500 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Santa Barbara street at Figueroa massive amount of juvenile bicyclists riding recklessley.
- Code 40, Drunk on Stearns Wharf on a bicycle left before police got there but they caught up to him he was yelling something about being Homeless in the backround as if that gives him the right to ride his bicycle drunk and raise hell they caught up to him at Cabrillo and Calle Puerto Viada.
- Overdose on the roof of city lot 6 1200 Block of Anacapa.
- Theft of alcohol from Target in the 3800 Block of State street thief last seen wearing a red hat and shirt headed toward Power Yoga.
- 23152 in a silver Nissan in the 800 Block of East Figueroa with Arizona plates.
- Subject in a vehicle parked in the parking lot at 314 Milpas possibly shooting dope missed make and model of vehicle.
- 400 Block of Canada loud music.
- 459 Burglary to vehicles at Auto Club at SBCC 700 Block of Cliff Drive the suspect broke into one vehicle and was sitting in another still sitting there when police arrived so they arrested him, dummy.
- 23152 In one of those cute little electric rental jeeps stopped in front of Samys camera in the 500 Block of State street got out and was vomiting on the side of the street in front of God, and everyone else.
- Prowler in the 500 Block of West Guiterrez tried doors to 2 residences then climbed up to a 2nd floor balcony male dark pants, skater shoes police responded and found a subject near by unknown if he was the subject.
- 23152 Female 300 Block of West Mission arrested.
- Fall victim on the patio 2100 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Premises check 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- One Mesa Lane subject yelling and hitting people before police got there he was on the Beach Westbound they responded and followed not sure if they caught up to him but even if they didn't they will soon they are on to him.
- Marijuana thief ripped off 15 marijuana plants from his room mate in the 500 Block of North La Cumbre.
- Transient yelling at people DLV and Carrillo.
- Check the Welfare of a transient sleeping in the Milpas underpass 49 South Milpas.
- Subject with facial injuries code 2 Medics 100 Block of West Figueroa.
- Van 10 on a Drinker Powers at Cacique.
- Check the Welfare of the electric bus Southbound on State street from Mason flashing the "Call 911" Sign, All was well.
- 415pc argument Between a female shoplifter and employees of Smart and Final 217 East Guiterrez.
- SBPD on a smoker 500 Block of Chapala.
- 415 pc Subject disturbed and carrying an open container of beer in the 100 Block of West Carrillo wearing a red sweater and Hawaiian panties.
- Man down 1000 Block of East Main in Santa Maria.
- Med Call for a male slumped over the wheel of a black Toyota Tundra in the parking lot at 500 Anacapa.
- Threats to 242 Assault someone over loud music in the 200 Block of South Canada.
- Assist LA County on a Vegetation Fire in the 29000 Block of Berringer Road I think it was a request to Ventura County.
- Live wires down there was a small fire but it's put out now Sunshine Lane off Paradise Road.
- Suspicious subject thought to be under the influence looking in vehicle windows of vehicles at the parking lot at Montecito Country Mart in the 1000 Block of CVR.
Jun 10, 2019 09:30 AM
One of the homeless complaints is the lack of bathrooms they can use. So, Mr. Shatan builds one and now they have created havoc there. What a shame.
Jun 10, 2019 10:16 AM
This is why we can't have nice things.
Jun 10, 2019 09:37 AM
Don't come to Santa Barbara if you intend to live in the bushes. Lack of out door toilets is not the problem. People coming here with no ability or even desire to shelter themselves according to local public health and safety guidelines is the problem.
Jun 10, 2019 10:57 AM
I think they need to have security guards posted at public bathrooms during the night but it would be to dangerous or costly so this is what we have. I cannot blame the city.
Jun 11, 2019 07:38 AM
Years ago Santa Cruz had a dedicated area where vagrants could pitch tents and live legally. near a river. There were bathroom facilities of some kind. Very shortly, it was too dangerous for others to use a nearby bridge and drug trafficing was rampant in the area. Also a major problem with belligerant or violent drunks. The city had to close it down. The problem is that this population is so varied. Some are addicts, some aren't all there mentally, some are career hobos, some are just down on their luck. The latter two would probably be able to live decently in a designated area. The first two can't not won't.
Jun 11, 2019 08:42 AM
There needs to be some leadership within the homeless community to control these issues. Bob and Nancy come to mind they would be perfect.
Jun 11, 2019 07:48 AM
"Love Is a Dog From Hell" was the first Bukowski book that I had the god fortune to read. There must be 30 of his work on my bookshelf. His first successful, actually-paying-a-dollar works were printed in a garage on Samarkand Avenue, at the home of John and ? Martin, at the beginning of the now quite significant Black Sparrow Press.