Scanner Reports 6-1-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I watched a lot of "Live news" reports over the weekend, watching the unrest, riots, and looting after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis. I saw the murder too, it made me cry because his eyes looked like my Mothers eyes just before she died so I knew he was gone too. Poor guy, did not deserve to be murdered by that criminal dressed as a police officer. I'm sure there is more to the whole story since they worked together. The 3rd Degree Murder and Manslaughter charge don't fly with me even though George Floyd had preexisting medical conditions. He would be alive today if that Thug had not killed him. Criminals can hide anywhere and be anything besides the obvious, priests, lawyers, doctors, accountants, police officers, even Presidents can be criminals. What better way than to hide in plain sight? It's sad watching this happen to our country, we should just be able to sit down and talk all our differences out. We're ALL here for a reason in this world if we were not meant to be here how come we are? If you cannot get along with someone it's best to just stay away. I'm learning that with my family, seems like no matter the topic someone says something out of line. Why argue, just do what has to be done then walk away that is where I am right now. I cannot depend on any of my family to be there when my time comes they don't care, an oil change on their vehicle is more important than me, time to move on it's sad but it's life. So be it, Most of them have treated me like shit through the years anyway. HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Runaway kid keeps jumping from his Mothers vehicle in Santa Barbara they are from another town. The police got him one and returned him to his Mother but he jumped out of the vehicle again near Castillo and Figueroa and that was all I heard he might still be around town somewheres.
- 242pc With a glass cup 500 Block of DLV.
- Suspicious mini van into a fence 700 Block of Kimbal.
- Medical Aide Por La Mar Circle at Del Parke Drive.-
- ubjects just hanging out at the Eastside clinic 915 North Milpas street.
- Premises check Ortega Park.- Med call 1700 Block of State street.
- Transformer Blows no Fire 5900 Block of Encina.
- Vehicle accident 140 North Fairview.
- Med call 900 Block of Bath street.
- Injury traffic accident 29 North Milpas street.
- Check the Welfare of a male down on the corner of Santa Barbara street and East Cota.
- Premises check Motel 6 and the Sand Paper Lodge.-
- 3300 Block of State street Cox Cable employee assaulted.
- Smoke check Riverbed in River Park.
- 415 Fight in the bathroom Pershing Park.
- 415 Fight 300 Block of South Voluntario.
- Check the Welfare of a male down next to a truck 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- 415 Male yelling Anacapa at Cota.
- 211pc Strong Arm Robbery 6 teenagers robbed a victim at Bohnett Park.
- Code 2 Med call to the rear of the county jail 4436 Calle Real.
- Woman sitting at the bus stop in front of Wendys in the 5700 Block of Hollister throwing cans of food at vehicles.
- Premises check East Campus SBCC.-
- 516 State street 242pc Assault.
- Drunk Driver grey or Tan Ford Ranger Drunk Driver near a Target store in the county.
- Fire Alarms no fire 100 Block of Por La Mar, and 300 Block.
- Medical call 209 State street.
- 415 Possible Assault on an MTD Bus across from Tri County Produce 335 South Milpas street HMA suspect on the bus.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Loose Boat in the Acerage floating around hitting other boats the Harbor Patrol got control of it the Wind Chaser.
- Public Assist at the Harbor 132 Harbor Way.
- Male in traffic crying Hollister at Fairview I think he might have resisted the help he was offered a bit there.
- Overdose on Spring street heroin behind the Laundrymat.
- 415pc Between Employer and Employee 1100 Block of State street.
- Santa Barbara street at Figueroa streets Traffic Accident.
- Check the Welfare of a man down Carrillo at Chapala.
- Drunk driver driving on the rims light blue Mercedes Fellowship at Meggs.
- Bicyclist down Laguna at Cota.
- Medical for a pain in the neck 700 Block of Calle Palo Colarado.
- Barranca at Del Mar bicyclist down.
- Medical call skate park 100 Block of East Cabrillo
- Overdose in a gold Mazda 1501 San Andres.
- Smoke investigation inside an apartment in the 500 Block of Bath street did not hear anymore
- The Serial Vehicle Attacker Strikes at DLV and Constance using a Push Broom to break a window on a vehicle, the reporting party was looking for the suspect not sure if they were ever caught
- Fire alarms 2300 Block of Santa Barbara street, no fire that I heard of.
- 415 Fight Domestic 100 Block of West Montecito.
- Punta Gorda and South Salinas medical call.
- Fall from a fence on Del Playa med call Traumatic Injury.
- Loud Potty 1200 Block of Liberty.
- Subject on the shoulder Highway 101 wearing a red shirt 101 Southbound at Santa Claus.
- Loud Potty 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- 245pc Investigation ADW Cottage ER.
- Attempt theft of items from CVS Pharmacy in the 2900 Block of State street.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Found Body 723 State street Medical death Rest in Peace.
- Check the Welfare of a man down under a purple blanket at the end of Oliver Road he was OK.
- Suspicious subject checking door handles on vehicles 100 Block of Kimberly.
- Brush Fire Santa Cruz Island last heard over 40 acres.
- Med call 400 Block of East Cota.
- The serial vehicle Vandal strikes again Constance at DLV Black Mercedes is this Monsters most recent victim window smash.
- Suspect WMA in his 30's white tee shirt, jeans.
- Structure Fire at the CVS in Buellton 218 Highway 246
- Overdose on Del Playa in I.V..
- Fainter at the Habit on Bettervia in Santa Maria, med call.
- 415 Domestic Verconia Springs at Modoc violent male was arrested possible tourists.
- Medical call PATH 816 Cacique.
- 415 Domestic 3000 Block of Sea Cliff.
- Seach and Rescue looking for someone or thing at the S.B. Airport.
- Med call 607 State street.
- Medical call 411 Anacapa.
- 1300 Block of Harmon Domestic 242pc Assault.
- Medical call 400 Block of Fellowship medical call complaint of pain. Protest Marches Santa Maria and Santa Barbara intersection blocked in Santa Maria.
- Traffic Accident East Cook at Broadway in Santa Maria.
As long as I live I will never forget the eyes of my Mother and George Floyd, they both knew they were going to die. Poor George, only 46, begging for his life as that killer took it for the whole world to see, such horrible cruelty exists in our country today, such horrible cruelty. A place my Mother worked for many years has been looted and destroyed in Calumet City, Illinois. I don't think George Floyd would have wanted this though. I think he would want justice and assurance it would never happen again. Though we all know it will. I stand on the side of the people, all people, all colors of the rainbow. I miss my Mom. Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Pat Mavis, Mark, Willie, Lafayette, Ted, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Bengy, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Kona, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Lucky, Tom Petty, Rich Mullins, John Prime, Bill, John, George, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, roger
Jun 01, 2020 12:44 PM
I did not go home I was seriously thinking about going home because my Mom was seriously starting to lose it and I felt for her and she was going through the same things I was when they dumped me when I was a kid... I saw her face and eyes on video my little Sister had taken By that time there was no traveling for people with health issues so me nor my older Sis could not go at first I thought she was going to pull through. I knew different when I saw the pictures...George Floyd had the same look when he said "I can't breathe." I'm sorry for your loos too...When my Mom died they took her body and sent us a bill no funeral allowed...
Jun 01, 2020 09:21 AM
My condolences to you for the loss of your Mother Roger. Glad you got to see her one last time at least. What was it like going back to your hometown after so long away? What was flying like during this covid situation? You're lucky they let you in the hospital at all, my Aunt passed away recently and even though it wasn't 100% certain to be covid-related the hospital staff wouldn't allow anyone to be with her in the room due to covid precautions.