Scanner Reports 5-6-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
That bicyclist running from the police reminds me of a joke played on me once by my buddy Bill back in Fort Wayne at the Boys Home. He had been helping a police Sgt. move and took off with his yellow Schwinn Varsity. I had no idea, he told me he bought the bike for 25 Bucks this was back in the 70's. I was 15 years old and back then in a hell of a lot better shape than now plus I could ride a bicycle for miles as my Dad had worked for Sears and when the folks went shopping at Sears I got on the stationary bikes. I used to love to see how fast, and far I could go peddling on the stationary bike. I got myself in good shape I was able to escape situations with ease. I asked my so-called buddy if I could borrow the bicycle and go for a ride. I always wanted a Schwinn bicycle it was his intention all along for me to take the bike for a spin.
I took off, the bicycle was really fast, I rode up Wells street toward town, took a left on Main street and headed for the landing, it was a block street with old historical buildings Fort Wayne's tourist trap. On the other side of the Landing was the City, County building, aka the Police station. I went the wrong way through the parking garage I should not have done that coming out the other side I had about 6 cops beating feet behind me, they were yelling for me to stop. I was wondering why there were so many cops chasing me suddenly I heard sirens. I wasn't going to wait around to find out why all these cops wanted a piece of me. I went the wrong way on one way streets, through alleys, parks, down stairs, it was like the original "Gone in 60 seconds" on a bicycle it went on for about 45 minutes and yes I got away. When I got back to the boys home all the guys were laughing at me but it was short lived as the police showed up and took Bill away with the yellow Schwinn. I never borrowed anyone's bicycle again after that. The guy who got away from the PD on SaTURDay ditched the bicycle and walked away. Here are your Scanner Reports
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Traffic Hazard Dog in the roadway 3600 Block of State street.
- Suspicious circumstances investigation 600 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Premises check at the Rose Garden Inn in the 3600 Block of State street
- 242 Assault 1200 Block of East Montecito street. HMA something in his hand, female in PJ's hiding from him in a white Honda in the area.
- Gas Odor SB Airport 500 Fowler Road.
- Chase Palm Park Extention Premises check.
- Vehicle vs Pedestrian minor injuries 832 State street.
- Fall victim medical call Hotel Milo 200 West Cabrillo.
- Theft of a leaf blower on Constellation in S.M.
- Squatters in the area North Alisos, and Nopal street 2 different incidents both got away lock up vacant properties.
- Suspicious package at the Santa Barbara Courthouse.
- Male down next to a white sedan 100 Block of Powers Unresponsive because he was sleeping.
- Suspicious subject looking in vehicles in the 100 Block of State street tried to ditch the police was caught in the 100 Block of Los Aquaries, for 10852.
- Subject brandished a knife toward reporting party in an apartment in the 500 Block of West Alamar reporting party left subject refused to come out police responded there was a stand off for a few hours till the suspect gave up against his will.
- Idiot with drugs in the 1400 Block of Olive street in someone's driveway attempted to evade police and was unable to do so he was taken into custody with heroin.
- Check the welfare of a subject down Garden at Guiterrez.
- Metal pipe through a windshield impaling a man in the forehead Bettervia at Telephone in Santa Maria.
- 602 West Anapamu 242 Assault investigation Boys and Girls Club.
- 242 Female victim male suspect near the Clark Estate tent on the beach 1400 East Cabrillo.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down 999 Coast Village Road near Vons.
- Theft of Cab Fair investigation at the Police Station occurred on Lou Dillion.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Med call ill subject Camino De Vida and Turnpike sick of Cocaine and Codine.
- Med Call back pain 1100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- East Beach Tacos 459ed 226 South Milpas.
- Aggressive panhandler Carrillo at DLV.
- Alameda park premises check.
- Vehicle parked in the loading zone 330 East DLG.
- 1919 State street premises check.
- Keep the Peace in the 300 Block of North Voluntario.
- Premises check Los Patos Way at the Rail Road tracks.
- Traffic stop on a Chevy Silverado with no plate 700 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle parking lot of Bank of America 834 State street.
- South Alisos first block 242 Assault investigation.
- Possible drug sales inside a coffee shop in the 200 Block of West Carrillo buyer in the bathroom testing the product.
- Open container in a vehicle 3 Subjects in a Honda on Carillo from San Andres.
- Non injury traffic accident one subject with no insurance in the 3900 Block of State street.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle 500 Block of Los Alturas.
- Overdose 700 Block of West Cota.
- Beer drinker walking down the tracks talking to himself South from Fairview.
- Code 40, Drunk down 1800 Sycamore Canyon road Fire department on scene.
- Alcohol overdose at Vandenberg.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Vehicle being towed to the police station from Ninos.
- Code 60... 400 Block of West Guiterrez
- 242pc Assault 700 Block of East Haley.
- 245pc With a skateboard 200 Block of Palm Avenue.
- Traffic stop grey Vette 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Domestic Mother vs Daughter on Oceanview 242 Assault.
- Premises check East Side Park.
- Hand Injury med call 800 Block of North Milpas street.
- 415pc Male heard yelling 100 Block of East Anapamu.
- First East Cabrillo Traffic on a blue Honda Civic
- Check the welfare of a female crying in the lobby of MTD 1020 Chapala.
- 415PC Subject at Cantwells 1500 Block of State street.
- Dog locked in a grey VW in an alley in the 2900 Block of DLV
- Request for Van One for transporting subjects in the 3100 Block of State street
- Premises check on the Railroad tracks.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE! Lola, PoPo, Midnight, Merlin,Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head, One, and Two,Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Bengie, Rickie, Bambi, Eddie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, Mrs MacArthur, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday..Later, Roger
May 06, 2019 12:12 PM
It was fun but that was long ago Mom was ok but I know what you mean..Guy came up behind me at Cacique and Milpas alittle while ago started punching his hand and looking at me. I guess he had plans till I turned around..I even pointed him out to a cop but she kept driving. Maybe someday he will be left in broken pieces on the sidewalk punk trying to jack an old man...We have one fire extinguisher here..
May 06, 2019 11:56 AM
That one property, with a vacant house, WAS locked up, with a chained link fence, and idiots still got in there and started a fire (probably by accident)... Lower Santa Barbara street, across from Smart & Final. I think the property has been leveled now.
May 06, 2019 02:47 PM
I heard that was an intentional fire the one by Smart and Final I wonder if they got any time..Vacant homes up on Chino too..been Squatted in.
May 06, 2019 10:59 AM
Topanga had a disaster meeting yesterday-- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS a focus: Lots of cool emergency preparation gear and info at the Topanga Community House. Ask firefighters; use a fire extinguisher to douse real flames; learnrd how to harden your home; build your emergency kits. Power off? How to get your off-grid communications up and running--ham and FRS radios #TopangaUnplugged
May 06, 2019 10:08 AM
"Don't start your day with the broken pieces of yesterday. Every morning we wake up is the first day of the rest of our life." Roger, you mentioned on a recent report that you talk to your mom on Sundays. Those phone conversations seem to bring stuff up for you...long ago stuff. So, this quote I found is for you. It's for Mondays.
May 06, 2019 09:27 AM
Great story, Roger, of you evading the police. Kind of a dirty trick to send you off on a stolen bike you could get busted for. Yellow bike wouldn't be too hard to locate.