Scanner Reports 5-3-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
It's funny how when your parents get older they spill the beans on family secrets. Some of which are not only shocking but scary as well, as I learned a couple of weeks back when I spoke to my mother on the phone long distance on one of our regular Sunday morning talks. She told me if it hadn't been for Mrs. MacArthur I would have never left the state mental institution I was committed to as a boy. My sentence was actually till I was 25.
I never heard of any such sentence until she said something so that was shocking to me. After having turned myself in for taking a child molester's life when I was 14 my mother and her boyfriend dumped me into a psych hospital in Des Planes, Illinois. It was called Forest Hospital for those of you familiar with it. It was a nice place though my Mother abandoned me there. I was confused but understood in a way. I was there a few months then I was transferred to Billings Hospital in Chicago at the University of Chicago I was there a couple more months then transferred to Beatty State Mentally Hospital for the Criminally Insane in Westville, Indiana. "HOLY SHIT What the HELL did I do to get there?" I defended myself against a child molester who was possibly a serial killer that is what, had I been a good boy and let him have his way with me I'd have been with the others who had disappeared and were never found, according to my uncle. My victim was questioned in the disappearances of the 6 boys who were never found.
My mother was scared of me and did not want me around anymore though there were other things much more sinister going on in the family which did not include me like my stepfather molesting my little sister had I been home and found out about that it that would not have been pretty and there would be a real reason for me to be locked up in such a place as Beatty State Mental Hospital for the criminally insane. Beatty State was a very scary place. I was in the juvenile ward. There were 12 of us there in the ward for juvenile males. We were all considered to be criminally insane, though I think most of the other boys were unwanted also. Two of them were severely developmentally disabled, not violent at all. They just could not function normally. The rest did not seem what is considered insane. From day one I did everything that was asked of me and then some I scrubbed the place top to bottom when others would not do their chores. I did them. I also cleaned up for them and helped dress the two disabled boys. One day, when my mother came to visit an aide there, a Mrs. MacArthur told her I did not belong there and that there was nothing wrong with me. Mrs. MacArthur had contacted a man who ran a boys home in Fort Wayne Indiana and got his phone number. She gave it to my Mother and told her to call him 2 months later.
I left Beatty State Hospital for the Criminally Insane and was placed into a Boys Home in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I was 14 years old when I took the molesters life. Had I stayed in the hospital I would have been there till I was 25. 11 Years served. I most likely would have never been released from that hell hole as a few years later it was turned into Westville State Prison. I might still be there...I have had many angels in my life, Mrs. MacArthur being one of them. All these years later looking back I have seen many things in my life and I am very grateful for people like Mrs. MacArthur who saw something good in me and took action, saving my life and getting me out of a bad situation. I do believe if it wasn't for her I would still be there. How many more children who were unwanted have lived their lives in a prison such as this? In this day and age things like this are still happening. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 500 Block of State street premises check.
- Patterson Southbound On Ramp vehicle thru the guardrail 20 feet down non injury.
- Med call for an infection 1400 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Red truck backed into a driveway of the reporting party's home 3000 Block of Sea Cliff they would have to be stupid if they were the burglars.
- City lot 2, 900 Block of Chapala subject with out of town warrants for weapons violations gets to stay, He's Ours isn't that wonderful, personally I blame the abuse of the three strikes law for this shit. As a former offender I believe that I am right.
- Assist Probation at Tri County Produce on a search.
- Leaf Blower 2973 State street.
- Vehicle vs bicyclist right in the spud nuts in the 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Camper under a tarp 9 Ashley avenue.
- Premises check Ortega Park.- 415 Over at the Laundrymat Milpas at Bond.
- Assault with a Soda Pop at Marshalls in the 900 Block of State street.
- 415 Subject disturbing at Pershing Park.
- Drunk at Pershing Park. Code 2 Medics for a Drunk
- Suspicious circumstances at Santa Barbara Junior High 700 Block of East Cota.
- Suspicious subject hanging posters that might be violent in nature and here too. wma weaing an orange shirt and a ball cap.
- Subject running in traffic Garden street at Guiterrez.
- Attempt 459 Burglary 115 West DLG in the back.
- Black and White assist Frank 10 in the Patrol Bay.
- Med Call 1235 Chapala.
- Male beating on a female 118 East Figueroa.
- Med Call 4025 State street.
- Grand Theft investigation 1000 Block of Miramonte.
- Elevator Rescue at Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Reckless driver Eastbound on Victoria in a white Volt.
- A suspicious subject looking into vehicle windows in the 1000 Block of Miramonte WMA puffy jacket, beige pant
- Suspicious circumstances 600 Block of East Montecito.
- Probation check with a violation 1000 Block of Olive street.
- A female pitched a pink tent in the 100 Block of South Milpas on the off ramp.
- Suspicious male in a lite brown van facing Washington School.
- Carp Middle School 5300 Carp Ave older White Male talking to a juvenile last seen heading toward the public pool white male was dressed all in orange and wearing a back pack.
- Campers in a maroon mini van on Santa Rita Circle.
- Premises check 100 Block of South Milpas.
- 415 Male on the tracks 300 Block of Castillo.
- Traffic Hazard bed and frame in the slow lane of highway 101 Northbound at Salinas Hell my bed aren't even in the slow lane anymore.
- Hit and Run no injuries 6800 Block of Trigo.
- SBPD on a detail 100 Block of South LaCumbre.
- 415 Rolling domestic 400 Block of West Pueblo in a green Malibu Male hitting female while the female honks the horn.
Things are slow and I ate dirt trying a save a bee. I was trying to get a bee outta the house when I accidentally tweaked his wing he fell to the ground. I felt horrible and thought for a second I should just step on him and get it over with save him al ot of misery. Anyway, I took a piece of paper and tried to help him up suddenly the little sonofabitch shot right at me. I tried to get out of the way while trying to shield myself and went down though I caught myself somehow before I hit the ground pulling every muscle out of whack. I was looking to step on him after that now I can hardly move. I guess that's my karma for not letting people run all over me and treat me like shit. I don't do that no more I did it when I was a kid because I was a sissy I'm not a sissy no more. I guess that is just the way it is for some people who were bought up like me. Most of us end up failures one way or another anyway.
Struggle to survive, I read a letter to Dear Abby once this 61-Year-old man who had been through the same things I have said after 61 years he still felt all the way he did when he was a sexually abused kid. I don't maybe I will in 3 weeks when I turn 61 if I'm still here. I'm in a lot of physical pain that kinda overrules everything else emotionally. I don't feel like an abused kid anymore though my life has never been normal I have learned to accept it though sometimes I don't take any shit. It is what it is...Have a great Weekend Peter, Molly, Belinda,Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head, One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Ted, Lafayette, Mark, Willie, Bengie, Ricky, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO,Magruder, Don, Edwin, Crazy Ed, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing see ya later. Roger