Scanner Reports 5-27-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
A businessman down here on lower Milpas we will call Casey because that is his name, was hard at work the other day installing stereos in vehicles when he went into the garage to get something. Leaving his tools next to the vehicle he was working on, he heard someone yell "look out." He saw a man from a neighboring business across the street pointing at a male who was running off with his tool bag. Casey gave chase across Milpas street in the 100 Block, the thief dropped the bag of tools and continued running right into the front door of the homeless shelter in the 800 Block of Cacique street. Casey picked up the bag of tools, went back to his shop and called the police.
SBPD arrived and after reviewing video of the thief, went to PATH along with Casey, and found the criminal who had every excuse in the book lined up to try and get out of his rotten deed. "I'm here to get clean and sober, I didn't do anything wrong, I have never been in trouble before." Something like that. When Police ran his name his past came up and it was one burglary, or theft after another. Casey pressed charges and the suspect was arrested and taken away.People are sick and tired of being victimized by criminals and are getting involved.
Another person told me that they called police on someone refusing to leave their property and when they came into work the next day their sign out front was broken. Other people have had windows broken or their vehicles broken into, this is the reward that comes with calling the police to protect one's own property from those who violate others and take what they want. Instead of confronting people who are breaking the law it's best to call the police and let them deal with it, hopefully the subject won't come back and vandalize your property but that is where cameras come in if you're having problems to begin with. Get some cameras on your property that way you will be able to identify the Criminal who is making you their victim and press charges... Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Keep the Peace at Montecito at Voluntario while reporting party picks up property
- Road Rage in the 3000 Block of DLV Trader Joes Female in a Chevy Suburban threw a can at reporting parties vehicle and made obscene hand gestures
- SBPD running a group for warrants one was on probation for Domestic Violence another for Robbery just a couple harmless panhandlers that earn spare change by begging for it
- Drunk subject in the 100 Block of West Mission
- Med call 2100 Block of DLV
- Report of a male sitting on the railroad tracks Holly at 4th in Carpinteria
- Premises check Ortega Park
- Code 40 passed out West parking lot Harbor Patrol response
- Subject detained at the Casino for theft
- Suspicious subject looking into windows 1200 Block of Hillside road
- Keep the Peace for child custody 500 Block of West Canon Perdido
- Threats investigation 800 Block of East Montecito
- Man Down 2500 Block of Broadway
- Heard the CHP talking about a female walking on the Milpas on ramp a few minutes later it sounded like a Drunk Driving or DUI call
- Suspicious circumstances at Planned Parenthood 518 Garden street did not say what
- 10851 Blue 2000 Mercedes SUV 700 Block of West Islay
- Fight brewing at the Dolphin Fountain 2 Males
- Illegal campers warned once but came back Modoc at Palermo time to get some liquid ass
- Juveniles smoking weed 600 Block of West Cota
- Male and a Female yelling inside of Whole Foods
- Illegal campers 100 Block of South Milpas
- Illegal campers 1400 Block of San Andres
- Attempt 459pc Burglary to a residence 1500 Block of Bath
- Domestic Violence 1601 State street La Quinta Inn and Suites female called front desk and said she thought the male was going to kill her 273.5pc Domestic Violence
- Clothing theft from a business in the 900 Block of State street White male in his 50's driving a white Honda CRV last 3 on the license plate 151 took clothing.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- City involved traffic accident vehicle at Fire Station One 121 Carrillo West
- Homeless Encampment reported 945 Ward Drive sounded as if it was on private property but I don't know
- Med Call Vista Del Monte 3700 Block of Modoc
- Gas Odor inside broiler room of Los Banos Pool and the Locker Room a couple engines responded
- Premises check 300 Block of Bath street at the tracks
- Mission at San Pascual irate or profane subject called in and said either his kid was hurting him or a body part was hurting him then hung up
- Med call the Californian 2225 DLV.- Med call 900 Block of Palarmo
- A woman with blue hair is disturbing in the lobby of the Salvation Army at 423 Chapala.
- Cover Checker 5 on a 415pc subject in the 1200 Block of Laguna.
- 415 Rolling domestic in a white 4-Runner North on San Andres from Carrillo
- 415 Domestic 1500 Block of San Pascual boy fiend pulled reporting parties daughters hair in an argument over a car, boy he sounds like a real keeper.
- SBPD on a detail 700 Block of Lawrence I wonder if it was a camp clean up?- Premises check Cacique foot bridge
- Encampments 100 Block of Nopolitos, 100 Block of South Milpas
- Injury accident Vehicle vs Bicyclist 1200 Block of CVR.
- 415pc Subject disturbing at the .99 Cent store 424 State street.
- 15 to 20 Juveniles playing loud music near the Cacique Foot Bridge 1200 Block of Cacique
- Med call for a subject in the Milpas Underpass male in a wheelchair who had been drinking
- Someone called the police on a BFA selling candy door to door and then followed her it was a Suspicious Subject call Police found them in the 800 Block of cEast Canon Perdido.
- 5 Subjects skateboarding in a driveway 800 Block of East DLG
- Alameda Park premises check
- 300 Block of West Islay stolen vehicle.
- DUI investigation at Leadbetter Beach Parking lot. Not long after that someone at Leadbetter resisted the police not sure if it was an arrest or what but they got all wrapped up and was transported that way. First to the hospital then jail. I bet they hated waking up there this morning.
- Some kind of 5150 Stand Off behind Home Depot at Market Place not sure what it was about but subject was transported as a 5150 by AMR Sounded like it was a Suicidal type call police though the subject to have a gun but they were unarmed
- Med call rear of the County Jail.
- Med call for a fall victim 200 Block of West DLG.
- Some kind of 415pc with 5 subjects and a dog following the reporting party in the 400 Block of Chapala Northbound don't know why?
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Check the Welfare of an infant crying for several hours in the 800 Block of East Canon Perdido.
- Open 911 Line struggle in the back round on some kind of 415 call in the 3900 Block of Paradise Road
- 211 Silent Alarm 900 Block of State street USA Bank covering the vault area, no crime.
- Fall victim 700 Block of Garden street.
- 415 Domestic 300 Block of West Mission street
- 10851 Motorcycle stolen from the 300 Block of Ladera black Ducati last seen 9pm SaTURDay night.
- 242 Assault/Battery Father Dearest hit his 14 Year old kid in the nose and broke it at Pea Soup Andersons
- Loud beeping coming from a trash can next to an ATM did not say where.
- Suspicious subject trying vehicle doors in the 1500 Block of DLV.
- Code 40 Drunk in the 100 Block of Harbor Way
- 100 Block of Middle Road report of a Structure Fire canceled right away as far as I could tell but everyone showed up
- Check the Welfare of a subjects yelling in the 3700 Block of State street
- Suspicious circumstances neighbors kicking and pounding on a door in the 500 Block of West Ortega
- 211 Armed robbery with injury 200 Block of East Haley victim hit over the head with a stick by a BMA 45-50 years old 5'9- 5'11 SBPD, Fire Department, Medics responded to a residence in the 200 Block of East Haley the suspect got caught.
- Suspicious subject trying vehicle doors in the 1500 Block of DLV
- Suspicious circumstances 2 males at 21 East Carrillo not sure what they were doing but they were detained
- Check the Welfare of a subject living in the 100 Block of South Gray.
- First Block of West Quinto med call fall victim
- Med Call Casino Subject passed away rest in peace
- 911 Hang Up Check the Welfare Salvation Army 423 Chapala
- Construction Site on Via Real did not catch address 2 HMA's white truck with U-Haul trailer Suspicious circumstances might have committed theft police have info last seen South on the 101 from Carpinteria.
- 415pc Neighbors 600 Block of Miramonte.
I ran into a fella on FRYday as I was headed out to do some FRYday Afternoon Shopping at Trader Joe's. Anyway I'm not good with names since my last drunk took that part of my memory away so I already forgot the mans name it might be Bill but I'm not sure Sorry, anyway he told me about KFI's 2pm-6pm Radio show Monday-Fryday am-640 Where they talk of all the things going on in California including issues with the Homeless. I promised to listen took me all weekend to find the cord to my old radio but I found it Sometime this week I'll check it out....Feel free to check it out if you like....Will that is all outta me for now sure hope that neighbor doesn't make her all night partying a regular thing I'll have to go searching for deterrents. Anyway Have a Lovely MONday-MONday.....Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tomasina, Tiger,, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads, One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J. Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Mark, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken,Mrs. MacArthur LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger