Scanner Reports 5-25-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I've been hearing of things left on the railroad tracks lately and it has me concerned. A couple weeks back there were some grocery carts left on the tracks in Goleta that damaged an Amtrak, some putting the train out of commission for a couple hours. I have been hearing of people on the tracks, passed out or falling being injured. The other day I heard there was a large beam on the tracks South of Fairview. I think that was the general area of where the grocery carts were found, that makes me wonder if maybe someone is trying to derail the train? I'm not sure if a beam on the tracks would do it I guess it's possible. In Santa Barbara I heard of a man pulling a large thick cable toward the tracks I doubt he was going to put the cable on the tracks though I heard no more about it and thought maybe he was taking the cable to recycle. I am suspicious about the carts 2 weeks ago and the beam the other day in Goleta I hope that is not the case.
I grew up near the tracks when I was a little kid we were always putting pennies on the tracks, small rocks too, the train would smash the rocks into dust and flatten the pennies. There were railroad torpedos too, they were a small amount of explosive which would be strapped to the tracks when the train would run it over it would explode stopping the train for whatever reason the train needed to be stopped. I ripped off a box of those once and really pissed off the engineers back then the guy in the caboose had to physically get off the train and walk the length checking every car to make sure all was well and if you know about the railway in the Chicago area those trains could be long. I was a real brat when I was a kid never got caught by the railroad workers, Thank the Good Dog. Anyway hearing about people and things on the Tracks is making me wonder what is going on and I thought I should mention it. Interesting enough the last time a train derailed here could be the only time was just North of Fairview I believe it was caused by an Earth Quake, that was in 1980. The powers that be might want to keep an eye on those Rail Road Tracks just in case someone might be up to no good. Here are your Scanner Reports:
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Burglary 6600 Block of El Colegio in IV Hot Prowl.
- 594 Vandalism broken window Spearmint Rhino First block of East Montecito.
- Premises check East Beach Basket Ball Courts.
- Fire reported out 1000 Block of Ontare.
- Homeless subject refusing to leave Trader Joes 222 North Milpas.
- SBSO serving civil papers up on 154 in a residence.
- 415 Female not making sense at the Goleta Community Center in the 5600 Block of Hollister.
- 20002 Hit and Run at the airport damage to city property.
- Abandoned trailer in same place 4 months subjects in and out of it Cathedral Oaks at El Sueno.
- Vehicle Fire 345 Camino Del Remido.
- Suspicious subject in a suspicious vehicle being suspicious WMA dressed in black dring a black Crown Victoria 1300 Block of Mountain.
- Medical call West Side Clinic Bee sting.
- Medical call at the post office 107 Nopolitos Way.
- 415 Homeless subject yelling 600 Block of Chapala.
- Subject was laying on the Rail Road Tracks then got up and is now at the Visitors Center one Garden street check the welfare.
- Large Beam on the Rail Road Tracks South of Fairview.
- Suicide attempt woman cut herself all over the body was bleeding profusely Motel 6 North in Carpinteria.
- Male 5150 Walkaway from Cottage Hospital suffering from Alcohol withdrawals.
- Man wearing one shoe pulling a heavy metal cable toward the Railroad Tracks Yanonali near Garden. There is something weird going on with people and the Rail Road tracks.
- 415 Troubled juvenile 800 Block of San Pascual police responded twice Wednesday he has patient Grandparents who love him very much.
- Juveniles harassing passer-bys 632 East Canon Perdido.
- Mission at State street vehicle vs bicyclist code 2 Medics.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Keep the Peace 600 Pine Ave. Someone is losing their job possibly armed.
- Traffic Accident highway 154 at East Camino Cielo.
- Traumatic injury Alano Club 235 East Haley.
- 400 Block of Drake Drive in Santa Maria structure fire.
- 415 Of sorts at the High School 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- 1144 Medical Death on East DLG.-
- Stolen vehicle 1600 Robbins Harding School.
- Stolen Auto 4500 Block of Carpinteria Ave.
- Possible DUI Driver at the Chevron in the 4200 Block of Via Real Older painted yellow rental truck.
- A White Male Adult in his 40's took a crap in the children's playground at Chase Palm Park Extension. They said 374pc I assume that is Crap.
- Burglary investigation 600 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Camper with a brown van 100 Block of Nopolitos.
- Check the Welfare of 2 homeless males down at Quinientos and Allure.
- Pedestrian with warrants 300 Block of North Milpas.
- Vehicle accident 1700 Block of Highway 154.
- Another reason I'm glad I'm not homeless Check the Welfare of a subject possibly trapped in a tipped over porta potty in the 100 Block of West Montecito, near the Fig tree.
- Unknown type Medical Emergency State and Guiterrez.
- Grand Theft investigation 800 Block of DLV.
I was in one of those port o potties when 4 drunk knuckleheads pushed it backwards down alittle hill. I did not get splattered but went home and changed anyway it stank. Then another time security partner backed his vehicle into one I was in and almost carbon mixoded me to death the exhaust went right through the door and he had the pedal to the metal tipping it jack ass damn near killed me. I don't like those things anymore. Will it's my birthday and I'm sick, I think that makes about 8 years in a row. I've had it with this Birthday Shit Every Year I get sick. I wasn't going to have my birthday dinner potatoes, .chili's, onions, with mini taco's Don't worry it's mellow Trader Joes, their food don't hurt me it's the idiot produce man who left the case of fruit in the aisle who kills me! Preexisting conditions my sweet tushy! When it cools off outside arthritis kicks in. I'm smoking the pain killer right now later on I'll be grubbing sick or SNOT it's my birthday...That's my Milpas Underpants and I'm sticking to em! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! :) Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin,FISH HEAD ONE, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, Muskie, June, David Cox, Poe, Bengy, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger