Scanner Reports 5-24-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
People are weird. I'm on Facebook, my family is on there, we all live long distances and it really is the best way for us to communicate with each other. I have a few friends on my page also. My birthday was coming up and Facebook put up these notices to me about asking for donations for non-profits. I thought that would be cool and since I love Cats, asked for donations for the Surf Cat Cafe in Oxnard. They have a cat named Rex who got shot by some jackass who almost killed him. I have been reading about Rex since it happened his progress etc, I did not think I'd get much money but even a few bucks are better than no bucks. Within a few days the donations reached the $200 goal. Wonderful!
My Brother in Law came into a few bucks and he donated $150. A Facebook friend I never met named Ryan from Kansas threw 5 bucks in, a Ventura resident Lucy, dropped $25 and two locals Jo and Liz $20. It added up to $200 Bucks. Surf Cat Cafe thanked me for picking them. It was nice of FaceBook to ask because if I can I like to be able to do nice things for others on or around my Birthday.
So everyone's feeling all Warm and Fuzzy, this Ass comes along and starts giving me crap for not picking a Santa Barbara Cat Rescue because I live in Santa Barbara, then he mentions a cat rescue he is involved in. Turns out this place he is associated with screwed me over 20 or so years ago and instead of just deleting the friendship like I should have, I told this guy about it, of course, he denies that happened to me. Then says "Your the first one ever to complain." After giving him a little more of his crap back I blocked him. I like blocking people on Facebook around my birthday too. What a weirdo he waits for the donations then gives me grief. What am I supposed to feel guilty that he is an "Ass?" Go lay your crap somewhere else. It's my birthday and I will donate to whom I want, SO THERE! SO CHILDISH. Ha! Happy Birthday to me and The Surf Cat Cafe. Here are Your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Vehicle Accident on highway 166 in New Cuyama at first injuries then one possible, infant involved, 1800 Block
- Illegal campers on a patio in the 300 Block of West Haley
- Video Alarm for a Hispanic male on the roof 615-617 State streets turned out to be a maintenance worker
- D.O.A. Animal 700 Block of Cliff Drive rest in peace
- 2800 Block of Los Positas D.O.A. Animal rest in peace
- Vehicle rollover into a ditch Eastbound highway 166 near Rock Front Ranch landed in a ditch on its wheels injury accident Cal Star transport to Cottage Hospital
- Premises check McKenzie Park
- Med Call 200 West Micheltorena
- Attempt 459 Burglary Commercial 20 East Cota street
- Commercial 459 Burglary 827 East Montecito
- Foot Patrol on State street 2 Units unknown exact location of State street
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in the 900 Block of East Montecito may have been picked up by Medics
- Open Mike Channel One
- Premises check Ortega Park
- Bicycle Theft 200 Block of Santa Rosa Place taken was a black Specialized in a yard and if it wasn't for a Fed Ex Delivery Man it would be gone forever
- Report of a vegetarian Fire highway 101 Southbound on the Garden street offramp Full SB Fire response no fire found
- SBHS 242 Assault investigation
- Vandalism 914 Carpinteria street Rabo Bank a bunch of kids kicked over a newsstand and drove off in a red Honda sedan
- 415pc over a non injury accident Bath street and Haley Street
- First Block of South Voluntario Juvenile seen carrying a gun black handgun 3 males 16-18 years old the one with the gun wearing black Nikes dark clothing.
- Code 2, Medics to Bath and Haley.
- Fall victim Villa Santa Barbara 227 West Anapamu
- 21 East Sola male yelling and beating on Parish Doors of the office at Our Lady of Sorrows Church
- 415pc Transient banging on a residence's window and yelling at passerby's in the first Block of West Anapamu
- Fall victim Head Injury 2000 Block of Packing house road
- Northbound highway 101 at Casitas Pass vehicle accident.
- 600 Block of West Sola 415pc Family Domestic.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- White female adult in a Wheel Chair demanding alcohol at Smart and Final 217 East Guiterrez she previously ripped off items from Smart and Final before so they are "Just saying No, and That is Final." SBPD responding. Someone ripped off a bottle of tequila from the El Rancho Market and last I heard the reporting party and liquor thief were fighting over the bottle in a nearby senior center
- Fall victim on the sidewalk in front of Fire Station 4 on Ontage Medic's code 3
- 602pc Trespasser, Transient female driving a red Mercedes (Only in Santa Barbara.) on the property of Marymount School ongoing issues with the same female 2100 Block of Mission Ridge Road
- 1600 Block of Bath street 415pc Family domestic Mother Son
- 415pc Female yelling at an encampment at 106 Powers I always thought that to be a street in the industrial section of town never noticed much ground for an encampment, jus sayin
- 415pc Neighbors 1900 Block of Castillo and the otters 400 Block of West Mission
- 594 Vandalism one detained 800 Block of East Haley Cop was right there and nailed the subject call did not even go out
- Violation of a restraining order 400 Block of Terrace Road
- Premises check McKenzie Park Park unit
- Open Mike Channel One PD off and on for a few moments I heard some of what they said but I can't remember what it was
- Illegal camper in a white tent Harbor Hills Hondo Park.
- 20002 Greet tree trimming truck yellow writing Elise And Oliver.
- Suspicious male WMA BALD ON A BICYCLE 400 Block of West Ortega was looking in a residence window, and vehicles wearing a grey back pack.- Sexual Battery somewhere on the East Side
- 415pc Subject on the corner of State and Canon Perdido dark skinned male with a shopping cart simulating he has a hand gun.
- 415pc Transient lighting paper on fire 616 State street now disturbing
- SBPD requested to assist the ACT team in the 2800 Block of State street all I heard.
- Traffic accident and Assault.
- Premises check Alice Keck Park
- Premises check Ortega Park
- Frank Unit on a pedestrian Highway 101 Southbound at Mission.
It's been over 24 Hours since the business on the 200 Block of South Milpas has had panhandlers out in front first thing in the morning aggressively panhandling and threatening customers lets hope it stays this way they became involved by calling it in and asking for help..This is what we all need to do when we see someone violating our city...Have a Wonderful Weekend..Peter, Molly, Belinda,Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Lola, PoPo,Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomasina,Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken,Mrs. MacArthur, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on MONday. Later, Roger at 61.