Scanner Reports 5-20-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Will here we are anutter week. Over the weekend the metal recyclers came over and cleaned out my yard for me, they took away the broken washer and dryer, several old microwaves, fans, bicycle batteries, and a countertop oven all for FREE. What a deal this is! Some of these places charge an arm and a leg and half a torso to pick up your junkm these guys do it for the recycle value of the metal, they pick it up, haul it out and recycle it.
I recycled for many years, started out at 16 running a recycling center one Summer for CETA, it was fun then that damn mosquito bit me that was that. I recycled here digging out of dumpsters and the trash made $300 a month on the average, not too bad. Once in a while I'd find things too: watches, rings, dirty movies, made extra crash on that stuff. Used to score off the Electric company down the street, they threw all kinds of good stuff out, now there's a padlock on their dumpster. One time I took 1,200 pounds of steel out of their dumpster. I thought I hit the big one, got a penny a pound for it 12 Bucks and damn near blew out my shocks! I asked the feller the going rate nowadays he says 110.00 a ton Hell that's not so bad, get several of those a day one can make a living. A couple hours after he left here saw his truck over at the Habit pretty full, had a little more room looked to be about a ton and a half. Working hard and providing a service at the same time. There's nothing better than that doing something for someone else and getting paid some at the same time.
We sure got a lot more rain over the past few days, kinda nice getting more rain though. When it's warm and sunny my bones don't hurt as much, I'll take the rain any day, the less drought the better but on my birthday I'd like a warm sunny day just so I don't hurt as much, though I know this isn't Burger King and I cannot have it My Way.
I read a lot of stuff on the internet, it's better than the card catalog at the library and quicker too. I like to read about how other cities and towns solve problems. A lot of places have outlawed panhandling and they don't have as many issues anymore, if you guys are interested in that sort of thing. Don't be offended when I say Google It, I do that all the time to find what I'm looking for, Just do it. There is a lot of information on the internet involving solutions and how to get things done. That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS AND I'M ALWAYS STICKING TO THEM...Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday
- Loud construction noise 400 Block of Chapala.
- Fall victim broken shoulder in Montecito missed address.
- Illegal camper 100 Block of East Victoria.
- 415 Transient harassing customers at the Riveria Bank 1033 Anacapa.
- Suspicious computer bag left behind at 7:30am at Chase Bank in the 1300 Block of State street.
- Keep the peace on a child custody at Victoria and Chino.
- 415 Transient disturbing at the library 40 East Anapamu.
- Assist police from the Great State of Utah on a case involving a Scam Artist who is in Santa Barbara.
- Med call Rite Aide 825 State street.
- Traffic accident vehicle vs pedestrian 1600 Block of East Valley.
- Foot Patrol on State street.
- Theft investigation at Mesa Pizza.
- Check the Welfare of a disoriented subject at Hope and State streets.
- Med call Chase Palm Park back pain.
- Road Rage Skate Boarder vs vehicle skateboarder shattered windshield and injured driver 100 Block of West Victoria the Elder Abusing Creep on the skateboard got a way.
- Campers on the sidewalk 300 Block of Palm Avenue.
- 3 BMA's one with a gun robbed a Medical Marijuana delivery man of 2 ounces of weed but were captured nearby in apartments in the 600 Block of West Cota, in total 5 people were detained in that case.
- Public assist 14000 Block of Via Bela Snake in the backyard.
- 5 Juveniles smoking H&S on the Cacique walking bridge in the 1200 Block of Cacique.
- A male was threatening passerbys in front of Hotel Santa Barbara in the 500 Block of State street WMA Jeans long dark hair.
- PD was on a Parker in the 1700 Block of Chapala, I guess they were not parking their car in the correct manner.
- Robbery attempt Haley at Soledad by 2 HMA's with their faces covered.
- 242 Assault investigation in the lobby of the police station.
- 415 Subject disturbing State and Haley streets.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- Self inflicted head injury State and Haley Streets.
- Mason street at Soledad 2nd Robbery Attempt they did not get very far in life about 3 more blocks until they were pulled over taken out of their vehicle by gun point then transported to their new home for a vacation
Scanner Reports, Saturday
- Suspicious Male asked a female unknown to him to go with him last seen West Bound on Cabrillo from the Skaters Point 100 Block of East Cabrillo
- Audible Alarm Riveria Theatre 2000 Block of APS.
- Smoke investigation 3500 Block of Modoc near the RR Tracks, no fire found.
- Along the 101 Freeway at DLV 4 campers found ran for wants and warrants one was on probation and also had a no bail felony warrant and several more minor warrants involving drugs. Another camper was on probation for burglary, robbery, and possession of burglary tools.
- Traffic Stop 500 Block of DLV on an Audi.
- Unknown if injury traffic accident highway 101 Southbound at Milpas a semi rear ended an SUV, I heard it too.
- Large encampment reported Modoc at Verconia Springs.
- 49 S. Milpas on a camp.
- Bicyclist down 2200 Block of Gilbraltar.
- 459 Audible alarm 350 Loma Alta McKinley School.
- Vegetation Fire 1500 Block of Edison in Santa Ynez
- 314 Indecent Exposure heavy set male exposing himself to motorists Junipero at State street.
- 374 Public Urinator 401 Chapala street WMA wearing a black beanie carrying a bicycle.
- Open Containers at 1000 Steps WMA with a blue Honda several others all with open containers of alcohol.
- Green bicycle highway 101 Southbound off ramp at Hot Springs bike in the bushes.
- Keep the Peace call over Child Custody 400 Block of North Alisos.
- On going vehicle alarm 602 Santa Barbara street a gold Hyundai SUV.
- Attempt theft of tools from Car Stereo Guys on South Milpas suspect walked up Milpas and into PATH 816 Cacique.
- SBPD on a camp 700 Block of Lawrence.
- Shoplifter at Macy's 3805 State street.
- 415 Subject refusing to get off the MTD Bus Milpas at Quinientos.
- Jack Ass throwing oranges at cars in the 1400 Block of West Valerio he must be rich to throw food away like that.
- Transient lit trash in a trash can on fire and is trying to keep it going 100 Block of East Cabrillo.
- 415 Room Mates 200 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Loud Music possibly on the 700 Block of Chiquita possibly a live band
- 242 Assault involving a 415 Domestic 300 Block of West Micheltorena.
Scanner Reports, Sunday
- First thing I heard this morning, vehicle on the curb 3 flats, Loves Towing no location though.
- Med call Veterans Memorial Building 112 West Cabrillo.
- On a subject at Vera Cruz Park Haley street side
- Premises check or alarm sounding Monroe Elementary School 431 Flora Vista.
- Campers in the Bike Stop restroom 1221 Anacapa
- Fall victim inside the Canary Hotel, med call
- 415 Transient refusing to leave an address in the 500 Block of State street, camping
- Popcorn Machine smoking at the zoo
- 415 Domestic in the 1300 Block of Garden street yelling heard
- Campers in the sand at Chase Palm Park
- High tension powerline in a backyard on Crestline it was live taken care of by now
- Premises check at Franklin School
- SBPD Shaking a vehicle to see if anyone will fall out Dwight Murphy Park.
- 700 Block of Anacapa non injury traffic accident.
- Wanted subject picked up transported to jail from the 300 Block of South Voluntario
- Transient harassing customers at the Montecito Country Market in the 1000 Block of Coast Village Road
- 20002 Non injury hit and run in Targets parking lot in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Taggers in a red burgandy red truck tagging a wall at Punta Gorda and Voluntario, on the East Side.
- 242 Assault at Tri County Produce 415pc over a Shopping Cart with resulted in an Assault 300 Block of South Milpas suspect BMA headed East
- 415 Subject with an off leash dog at Hendrys beach refusing to sign a citation for the Park Ranger.
- Reckless person running in traffic Mission at Bath streets.
- Alcohol overdose in IV Missed address.
- Drug overdose 500 Block of Stone Hedge in Fillmore.
So whomever it was yelling Roger from the Habit across the street several days ago, I'm getting old, I cannot see so good anymore, nor hear as well as I used to so I'M SORRY! If I did not know whom you are. I thought I might have known who you are but don't feel comfortable guessing so don't feel disappointed I'm just an Old Fart and I'll be even older soon so I'm sorry I wish we aged the other way then I'd be almost 41 instead of the other way around. Anyway have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny Deem, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J.,Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengi, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, Mrs MacArthur, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Tiny, Andy, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday..Later, Roger