Scanner Reports 5-11-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I had a lot of illnesses when I was young and I was born with asthma, I got a lot of the material things I wanted as a kid but the things that really mattered were absent from my childhood. I started writing (yes I know my grammar SUCKS and it always has) when I was 13. The day one of my best friend's killed himself when I was in Junior High. It was mostly short writings, poetry, journal stuff but my story through those writings was going to get me into college. At the time I was in boy's home, I had been there for a couple of years. 1975 was the year I had just turned 17 years old. I was looking at a possible scholarship and a new life, everything was good I was getting along with my family, my Mom. I went on a weekend pass with my Mom, her boyfriend, and my Little Sister. First we went to a picnic in Illinois, stopped back home in Hammond then headed to Saugatuck, Michigan for the rest of the weekend. I had a long talk with my Mother on Saturday night, just me and her talking about my future and how good life was going to be.
The next day I got on a Greyhound Bus back to the boys home in Fort Wayne. Halfway there was a layover in South Bend for an hour or so changing buses. There was a magazine/newspaper stand and a small restaurant in the bus station. I got some magazines, then a burger fries and a coke and sat in a booth. A blind man was selling these Jesus key chains for a buck. I bought one off of him and held it in my hand as I ate, there was no reason for it. I buy things a lot and hold on to them. Anyway after a few moments, I realized that the key chain was hot in my hand, not just warm from holding it but hot. I opened my hand and stared at it for a second then put it in my pocket, and thought about it no more. After a time my bus came into Fort Wayne I boarded with other passengers off we went. I don't know how far out of South Bend we were but I was sitting in my seat one second everything was fine then I felt like someone just unplugged me. When I came to, the bus that was stopped pulled over, the bus driver was next to me saying I suffered some kind of seizure and an ambulance was coming. I kept telling him I was ok over and over again and convinced him to cancel the ambulance and continue on to Fort Wayne so he did. By the time we got to Fort Wayne, I could not get out of my seat, I could not see, everything was blurry, my mind was fogged in.
The bus was parked in a space, it was dark everyone was gone except for the bus driver sitting in the driver's seat. A couple of moments later he opened the bus and a man entered, it was our House Father from the Boys Home and "Po," together they carried me to the boys home van. Po took me back to the house then carried me up to my room. He told me there was another kid there who was ill like me. After an hour or so Po transported both of us to a Medical Doctor who took one look at both of us and called the Medic's. Me and the other boy were in a room together in the ER of Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne he was visiting his sister who was a house parent in the Boys Home. We were talking one second then he was silent. I learned later he passed away right there next to me, we had the same thing though it was not considered to be a pandemic St. Louis Encephalitis. Mine turned to meningitis, I was in a coma for a little over a week in the hospital, for a little over a month was a walking vegetable for quite a while after I got out. Couldn't do school, so no scholarship, could not do much more than push a broom or stare at a wall. I could unload trucks and I was strong, so there was a place for the Big Dummy after all.
I sure don't want to see any kids go through what I did. I would think with even the same chance something like what I went through could happen people might heed the danger of not social distancing, wearing a mask or gloves but some idiots like to test the forbidden waters I guess. I had never heard of St. Louis Encephalitis until I got it, the ironic thing was the disease was killing mostly older males over 60, not kids. The kid that passed next to me was just 15 years old, I was 17 when I got it. So when I hear that there are kids trespassing in the skate park in the 100 Block of East Cabrillo and no one is taking this shit seriously, the fence is up they are climbing over ASSUMING that it's an OLD FART DISEASE even if they do get it more than likely they will survive. I'm going to post it Large Groups gathering because I know from experience these illnesses can strike anyone at any age and can screw up their lives as mine was screwed up So call me what you will, I don't care about that, but if I really did not care I would not post it. SO THERE! HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Fire Alarms, no fire Mission Terrace 623 Junipero
- Domestic Violence with an arrest 1000 Block of Del Monte street.
- 415pc Transient at Summit Gas last seen Southbound on Milpas street.
- 2600 Block of Talent Road medical call.
- Flagged down by a citizen Alisos at Cacique street
- 314pc Indecent Exposure BMA 700 Block of State street, 415pc Same subject disturbing at Bank of America 834 State street.
- Suspicious Fire First Block of Chapala Street.
- Medical call Foot injury Refugio State Beach.
- 459 Burglary to a motel room 100 Block of Castillo.
- 415pc Amplified Music 1200 Block of Coast Village Road.
- First Block of South Alisos subject going door to door asking for foil.
- 415pc Female yelling on the corner of State at LaCumbre streets.
- Transport from Marian to Cottage Hospital head injury Skate Boarding accident, North County 250 pound subject fell not wearing a helmet
- Indecent Exposure subject pulling his shorts down Anapamu at State street
- Burglary 2000 Block of Chapala.
- 415pc Subject Union Bank 20 East Carrillo.
- Code 2 PD request by engine 74 to assist with a code 40, Drunk subject in the 3900 Block of State street.
- 459 Burglary to vending machines possibly a washer and dryer in the 200 Block of West Victoria street.
- Traffic Accident unknown injury 600 Block of Cota street.
- Trespasser 602pc 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Ocean Rescue Between Hammonds and Miramar Beach possible drowning heard no more about that.
- 415 Domestic possibly violent Anacapa at Guiterrez extra units requested code 3 response.
- Traffic Accident female subject backed up in her vehicle over another female in the parking lot of Rileys Flowers Figueroa at Chapala.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Medical call Soledad at Mason streets.
- Medical call 1700 Block of Sycamore Canyon Road.
- Traffic Accident Rollover highway 101 Northbound Hot Springs on ramp.
- Medical call 900 Block of State street.
- Check the Welfare of a female in the 6500 Block of Trigo.
- Check the Welfare of a crying male who needs his medication 900 Block of Chapala he was transported to Cottage Hospital.
- Tow truck driver injured loading a vehicle from a non injury accident arm laceration highway 166 36 miles from highway 101.
- Leaf Blower 200 Block of Eucalyptus Hill Road.
- 415pc Fight on the sand Milpas at Cabrillo.
- Med call 1200 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Arm Laceration Santa Catalina Dorm
- 1400 Block of East Cabrillo med call.
- 800 Block of Shoreline on a large group of people.
- Subject trespassing and doing drugs behind Office Max.
- Wanted subject 600 Block of State street.
- Suspicious Circumstances subject burying a cat in East Side Park 200 Block of North Soledad buried cat found Animal control and 2 Black and White units responded Unknown circumstances.
- Med Aide 1116 DLV.
- Premises check 600 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- Child locked in vehicle in distress 7900 Block of Hollister Smart and Final Parking Lot.
- Fall victim Hiker on the Jesusita Trail transported back to her vehicle by Search and Rescue.
- Vehicle vs Motorcyclist injury accident Haley at Olive streets.
- Vehicle accident Castis Pass at Rincon Road.
- Code 40, Drunk disturbing Ledbetter Beach end of trail near trees.
- Drunk passed out on the bus bench 1501 San Andres.
- 4 To 5 Juveniles on Bicycles disturbing at the Biltmore 1200 Block of Channel Drive.
- Unknown 415pc Voices heard in the background 1200 Block of East Montecito Place.
- 459 Audible alarm possible Burglary The Alano Club 235 East Cota I hope they did not get all the Kit Kat Burglar candy bars this time
- Skate Boarder Down 3900 Block of Stacy Lane possible head injury no helmet, head laceration
- Suspicious Circumstances 600 Block of West Gutierrez, they did not say what they were.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Medical call Unknown type 1000 Block of Chapala city lot 3.
- Premises check Thousand Steps.
- 10851 Investigation 1100 Block of North Nopal.
- 459 Audible Alarm 536 State street Joe's Cafe.
- Clark underneath the 135 Traumatic injury, CHP had a traffic hazard listing for a subject jumping in lanes and walking in the Northbound lanes.
- Fire alarms no fire the Hyatt 1111 East Cabrillo.
- Large Group of people at a swimming pool 1200 Block of Alta Vista Road.
- Medical Call PATH 816 Cacique.
- 415pc at 7-11, 331 West Montecito street.
- Suspicious Circumstances screaming heard on the path leading to SBCC from Pershing Park.
- Subject loaned out his truck but when he got it back he discovered his tools were missing...BIG SURPRISE! 1700 Block of Robbins
- 459 Burglary forced entry 1500 Block of State street.
- 459 Audible alarm 3200 Block of State street.
- Fall victim at CVS 3939 State street medical call.
- Medical call at the Post Office 107 Nopolitos for a subject passed out in a wheelchair with a syringe in his hand.
- FSTS 1300 Block of East Cabrillo DUI Arrest
- 415pc Argument DLV at Canon Perdido.
- Vehicle burglary 700 Block of West Valerio.
- 400 Block of East Cota medical call.
- Large group of people gathered upper Shoreline Park with 3 Aggressive K-9 dogs.
Will this is all outta me, for now. I report things like this because I hear them on the scanner, those who gather in these groups don't seem to care about anyone but themselves and that is a shame because anyone can get this illness not just old folks but young folks too...Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, Bengie, Ricky, Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, John Prime, Rich Mullins, John, Bill, Marianna, and Chris Willing we will see you on HUMP DAY! Later, Roger