Scanner Reports 4-3-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Though homeless folks are called Transients over the Scanner and in these reports, when they are stopped by police and their names are ran they are not all criminals some are just getting checked out by the police same as if someone was to be pulled over. I know people have the right not to show their ID in some places to the police, but I always have when asked so I consider it OK to be asked to identify myself. Many people who are homeless are just that, homeless, they are not here to rip others off or panhandle, or con, they are simply homeless and trying to make it just like everyone else. Some work, some don't but are looking, some are disabled, some are veterans, some are elderly or in poor health, some sleep in vehicles. Homelessness is a community within the community in just about every town or city everywhere.
The Un-united States of America is STILL a Free Country, as Americans we can live where we want in America even if we are too poor to afford to pay rent or buy a home, there are those who don't like it and to them I say Tough Shit. America is for all Americans not just a select few. As far as those who break the law they should be and usually are arrested or ticketed. Camps are personal responsibility and should be kept orderly but when they are not or abandoned they are usually cleaned up. I don't know why they haven't been cleared by the owners or overseers of properties. Union Pacific and or CalTrans in the past they have been cleaned up maybe there are too many camps and they are overwhelmed. Maybe there is not enough money in the till to pay workers to clean it up. I have seen City Police cleaning the camps up before. Maybe some of these people who don't want homeless folks in their communities should volunteer and help clean up the abandoned camps it might be good for them to get out of the house and quit bitching on Edhat so much DOWN VOTE THAT!
On Monday I walked over to my bank on Carpinteria street, RaboBank, just before I got there a bird fell out of the sky at the entrance he flip-flopped around a bit. A man picked him up, the folks at the bank got a box and before the bird was put in it he died. It made me wonder if they are poisoning the birds around here again. A few years back the Ocean Front Hotel in the 600 Block of East Cabrillo was having wild birds poisoned because they thought in their little pea brains the birds were bothering their guests so they took it upon themselves to poison the birds. In fact they killed all the birds on this side of town. If it is happening again I would like to know, as others would. I enjoy the wild birds around here it was horrible when that hotel did that. I'm glad that Hotel left town I do hope the new hotel is not continuing this horrible practice.......Here are Your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Suspicious Subject in a silver SUV with Nevada plates hanging out near the ATM at Union Bank 1960 Cliff Drive.
- Premises check McKinley School.
- Petty theft suspect HMA in his 60's Eastbound on Haley I did not hear what he ripped off.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run on Pueblo Mary 3 responding.
- Med Call in a blue Fiat in the 200 Block of North Calle Caesar Chavez.
- 415 Unknown type at the Hand Car Wash 112 West Canon Perdido.
- Reporting Party heard a woman screaming in the bushes while a Punk beat her. Took me a while to figure out where this was it was in the bushes of a church in the 400 Block of North Fairview, SBSO Fire Department and Medics responded I hope she is OK.
- 211 Strong Arm Robbery in the 600 Block of North Milpas I don't know what was taken but the suspect did ride away on a Trike Bike.
- A police officer was Flagged down in the 900 Block of East Cabrillo.
- 415pc Domestic 1300 Block of Olive.
- Code 2 Medics for the victim of the Robbery at Alphonse and Milpas.
- Med Call Ash at the Beach in Carpinteria.
- Suspicious Subject with a dog locked in his vehicle at CVS Pharmacy in the 3900 Block of State street he left in a Nissan Rogue.
- Check the Welfare of a female sitting on the sidewalk State and Pueblo possibly under the influence of something.
- 415 Domestic verbal Holiday Lodge in the 2800 Block of State street.
- Assist Checker 6 on a Parking violation in the 800 Block of Laguna.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- 800 Block of East Figueroa.
- 415 Yeller, in the Bank of America 834 State street BMA Yelling refusing to leave.
- 415 Domestic 200 Block of West Mason.
- Male in the bushes at La Colina Junior High School 4025 Foothill at 6:42 pm has a blue truck parked nearby.
- This was a Weird one Semi vs a Pedestrian Victoria at Highway 101 Northbound Ventura. The pedestrian was standing on the right side of the road got hit by the semi Truck Driver pulled over called it in. Pedestrian ran away BOLO Be on the Lookout went out on the pedestrian he was found and had an arm injury...Lucky really Lucky!
- Male threatened to kill business owner in the 1100 Block of State street.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Bicycle in the Roadway Castillo UNDERPANTS.
- Check on 2 Subjects passed out in the Northwest Stairwell of City Lot 6 1200 Anacapa.
- Suspicious Vehicle occupied a green Mountain Ear in the 500 Block of North Nopal. Loud noise, trash around it.
- SBPD Officer on a detail La Cumbre Junior High.
- SBSO Heading over to the Faulding Hotel to tell an offender to charge up his GPS Monitor, SBPD also responding.
- 415 Mother Daughter 500 Block of West Victoria.
- 20002 Non Injury hit and run Trader Joes 222 North Milpas a white Toyota hit a Range Rover police have all the info they need. Before breaking the LAW it's good to take the license plate off.
- Check the welfare of a 2 year old with her Father walking in the Garden Underpass he is pushing a bicycle WMA in his 20's.
- Check the Welfare of a 10 Year Old Hitchhiker with a backpack LaCumbre Overcrossing probably just looks 10, I started at 11.
- Theft of food from Starbucks in the 1200 Block of State street WMA Long blond hair Southbound on State street.
- Med Call Fall victim in the Lobby Via Lucero 3880 at Alta Lucero.
- 242 Assault at the DMV a WMA in his 50's threw a cigarette at an employee of the DMV 500 Block of Castillo.
- Premises check in the 800 Block of Clifford.
- Attempt theft at the .99 Cent store by a female in her 60's sad.
- Rattle Snake in Back Yard 1400 Block of East Mountain, heard 2 More in yards in Ventura County.
- SBPD on a subject in the 1200 Block of Indio Muerto.
- Med Call Ortega at Sapsitudes subject feeling faint.
- Motorcycle accident Highway one at Jalama Road.
- Premises check at Ledbetter Beach.
- Subject with warrants was thought to be on Oceano but he was somewheres else where they Got Him.
- 415 Domestic in the 200 Block of Ladera.
- Premises check Alamada West Park.
Will there are rattlesnakes the yards WATCH YOURSELF Walking around. Last Weekend Downtown overnight near a coffee shop there was a 261pc Rape. The next day I heard of a Sexual Assault, the day before that Sexual Assault I heard of a Sexual Assault on a female minor on the WestSide. I also heard a couple in past weeks. Don't always report them at the time to protect the identity of the victim but these Crimes are up in the words of the great Michael Conrad "Be Careful Out There."....Have a Wonderful WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Maxwell, Lola, Popo, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Denny Deem, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Isabelle, Jerry, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday.... Later, Roger