Scanner Reports 4-29-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I had a bad fall last week and injuries prevented me from writing more. On MONday, it was a strange thing, I was standing at the counter making coffee and I just fell. My nerve damage playing tricks on me I guess, I went straight back, no bending, like a big old tree, "WHAM!!!" Of course, I yelled waking everyone up in the Underpass Shelters at 5 am, they usually wake me up. I wasn't aware of it right away but I landed on my arm a little and it was flip-flopping like a fish out of water some, cramping up on me. I had to take muscle relaxers which felt better and calmed the nerves but I don't like taking pills so much. They mess with my gut but sometimes they are a necessary evil. Along with the pain and some injury comes the Anger. I was Angry all weekend I still have some of that I don't like pain as much as I thought I did, of course, some guy on Facebook had to play "Top the Story" with my fall making me feel like maybe it wasn't a good enough fall maybe I should go find a stairway somewhere and roll down it or climb up on the roof of my cottage and fall off of that backward make my injuries worse so I could "Top his Story." I just left it alone and disappeared out of the conversation ashamed of myself I said anything at all. Falls are no joke as we age our limbs give out sometimes we don't have to trip or step wrong they just give out and down we go. I saw my landlord fall pretty much the same way I did, broke his leg damaged his hip. I remember that commercial "I've fallen and I cannot get up." 30 Years ago all us youngins thought it was a big joke, "Who's laughing now?" many of us are using walkers to get around. Yep falling is No Joke.
I'm slowly cleaning up my cottage, I know I said that 10 years ago but it takes time when you are an Oscar Madison. I do the regular things like washing dishes, of course. I have cobwebs on cobwebs in here the Daddy long legs love them and since they eat flies, I gotta pay them somehow. This is my Quarantine in my little Cottage. I listen to the Scanner write things down get up fall down and watch the Daddy Long Legs eat Flies and as much as a pain in the ass Flies are I feel sorry for them. I clean up things here and there really need to clean up the yard and love up my Kitty Dog spoil the heck out of him and Fish Head not much of a life to some but it works for me, for now. Got my first Meals on Wheels from the CAC Lunch sandwich on MONday, it was a Ham and Cheese with potato salad, a one percent milk, and a tangerine, very filling. Thanks Community Action Commission. Thanks to the Food Bank too. If you are 55 of age and disabled or 60 and older Quarantined in your home 211, they will help you...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS...
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Check the Welfare of a 5150 living in the 1000 Block of East Mason Street.
- Overdose North Side of town not sure if they pulled through not posting the block they live on.
- Medical call 300 Block of West Islay.
- Code 40, Drunk disturbing at Ralph's 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Wires down East Valley at Picacho Lane.
- Suspicious circumstances 1800 Block of State street on a found property call.
- Premises check Leadbetter Beach.
- 415 Resident of the local underpass raising hell at McDonald's.
- 415pc of Sorts Cacique street UNDERPANTS Shelter alot of sirens that must be the breakfast siren.
- Medical call Ortega and Santa Barbara streets.
- Check the welfare of a subject living in the 200 Block of West Sola calling for themself.
- 415pc Subject at the Orange Tree Inn in the 1900 Block of State street.
- 415pc Transient raising hell 135 South Milpas street in the new Underpass Shelters.
- CHP traffic stop Milpas and Cacique.
- 484 Shoplifter at the Albertsons on Hollister female in an 07 Jeep registered to a male in a near by residence it is not NICE to borrow someone elses vehicle and then go commit a crime in it Lady!.
- Non injury City involved accident East Carrillo at Carden street.
- Trespassers 700 Block of Carpinteria street.
- Check the Welfare of a subject that has been in the bathroom at City Hall for an hour and a half.
- Subject possibly 417pc Brandishing a syringe 3800 Block of State street in the La Cumbre Plaza area.
- Theft of a bicycle Camino De Vida and Hollister.
- Med call 340 West Carrillo.
- Med call 700 Block of Laguna street.
- Medical call 315 West Carrillo
- Medical call Calle Caesar Chavez at Yanonali.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Smoke investigation on San Ysidro one reporting party no fire found, as far as I know, heard there was a small fire in Parma Park a couple hours later but that was through Word of Mouth.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist Hollister at South Glen Annie minor injury.
- Medical call 900 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Subject ripped off a bench from Peoples Park in IV.
- 415pc Neighbors not getting a bong over a vehicle blocking on Nicholas Lane.
- Suspicious circumstances 1400 Block of Olive3 street.
- Non handicapped subject parking in a Handicapped space in the 2900 Block of State street.
- 415 Transient in the bathrooms at Dwight Murphy disturbing.
- 1300 Block of Danielson 459, Burglary.
- Male with a head injury after a fall at Ralph's 100 Block of West Carrillo SBPD on scene.
- 211pc Silent Alarm at a bank in the 1100 Block of CVR Teller 4 No robbery.
- Glen Annie at Cathedral Oaks vehicle vs a pedestrian.
- Parking issue 1200 Block of Shoreline.
- 1100 Block of Channel Drive code 2 Fire department and Medic's for a bee sting.
- 415pc Female wearing green running shorts harassing employees at Whole Foods refusing to leave 3700 Block of State street.
- Engine 72 going to Parma Park for training.
- Medical call 501 Anacapa street.
- Medical call 1300 Block of San Andres street.
- Medical call 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Hazardous investigation 2000 Block of Bath street Hazardous investigation Engine 75 along with a Fire Inspector responded in an apartment.
- Female trying to pay for a room at Motel 6 with someone else's credit card and refusing to leave Motel 6 on Calle Real.
- Medical call 3900 Block of State street.
- Medical call near the Santa Barbara Airport 500 Block of Fowler Road.
Will that is about it outta me. My cousin sent me a picture of my Mothers Urn in her Living room and now I cannot stop thinking about her all alone there in her Home like that. I have no doubt her spirit is there in that house that was her home for 61 Years. It is being slowly cleared out us kids are getting personal possessions. My sister sent me the money she had in her wallet for me to buy food but I cannot spend the money, when I hold that money in my hand it is like holding my Mothers hand. I have not seen my Mother in person for 35 Years, we were closer far away from each other, I loved her very much but we did not get along. My Uncle told me after she died that she was very proud that I was Roger Dodger and wrote the Scanner Reports for Edhat, that I made her proud. That was all I ever wanted was my mother to be proud of me. Not riches, Wealth, to be Famous, or All the WEED in California I just wanted my mother to be proud of me. I cannot stop crying. Have a Wonderful WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Jim, Diana, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie. Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Bengie, Ricky, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Mark, Willie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, Rich Mullins, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie, Banks, John Havlick, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Tom Petty, John Prime, Marianne, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger