Scanner Reports 4-24-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Almost time for the Summer Shuffle, already getting warm outside, more tourists will be coming into town to blow wads of their cash, vacation savings every hotel, motel room rented the whole Summer hardly anything will be available maybe in case of emergency a room or two left open. Some will be left out trying to find a room anywhere they can. They will stay in other towns close to Santa Barbara then fill the state parks some will sleep in their vehicles in Hotel-motel parking lots, grocery store parking lots shopping mall parking lots...Quick turn Sears Parking Lot into an RV park! Others will be parked in neighborhoods. There will be no room in the Inn or anywhere else this Summer as tourists flock to the American Riviera like many Summers before thus it begins the Summer Shuffle. The Shuffle of the Out of Sight Out Of Minders has grown throughout the years and cannot be hidden anymore. So it will be interesting to see where they go this year as the tourist town fills up. I think they are not going anywhere..
I remember when Kids World was built many years ago I went to check it out it reminded me of this playground up in Monterey I went to back in 1971, after my Dad passed away we came out to California and stayed with my Uncle and his family. I still remember that playground in Monterey, all these years later 48 years it was a magical place. Since Kids World was built in Alameda Park it has been used as a camp, a bathroom, the site of many 415 Arguments, including 415 Domestics, adults loitering, drinking alcohol, doing drugs...".Who's World is this Anyway?" Some of the things I have seen left there if I had a kid I'd never take him there. When I hear of a new park being built or older parks being improved I wonder how long it's going to be until it's taken over and thrashed.Not just by the obvious Out of Sight Out of Minders anyone can ruin a good thing. It's not always up to the powers that be to save our parks or our town it's up to the people so if you see things suspicious to you report it and if they ask for volunteers to watch these places and your not doing anything else you have free time and are able-bodied volunteer. I think some of these parks are going to need volunteers and support too. Support them by going and making use of them. The more these places are in use and taken care of the less they will be abused and thrashed. Here are Your Scanner Reports...
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Premises check Alemada West.
- Reporting party found blood on boxes inside of his truck in the 200 Block of Grove Lane suspicious circumstances. It was possibly some type of Animal as Animal Control responded Hate those calls.
- Heard a quick mention of a pedestrian Northbound at Milpas on the CHP frequency.
- Transformer fire 5800 Block of Via Real.
- Injury accident Los Positas at Baldwin.
- Med Call for an Unresponsive student in the band room of SBJR High 721 East Cota.
- SBPD with the suspect from the Crown Liquor Store Case at Milpas and Mason, I never heard that case so I don't know what the officer was talking about.
- Non injury accident 3700 Block of Modoc.
- Suspicious female at PATH 816 Cacique I think all females are Suspicious.
- Diner and Dasher from the 1100 Block of State street East on Figueroa carrying a duffle bag.
- Vehicle vs Pedestrian 1800 Block of State street.- SBPD Officer patrolling on State street.
- 415 Subject rear of the News Press yelling 715 Anacapa street.
- Smoker in DLG Plaza.
- 415 Subject refusing to leave 501 State street.
- Suicidal subject at the East Side NeighborHOOD Clinic.
- Found property 18 West Victoria.
- Lobby of the PD 242 Assault investigation.
- Audible alarm 900 Block of DLV.
- SBPD needed to assist the fire department on a bicyclist down with a head injury Los Patos at Cabrillo.
- 10851 Vehicle Theft investigation at the Police Station.
- Dine and Dash 700 Block of Chapala.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Premises check West Side Community Center.
- Report of Subjects smoking meth outside a window and arguing in the 100 Block of East Micheltorena.
- Broken water pipe in the middle of a road near Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- Premises check at Chase Palm Park rec. center 200 Block of East Cabrillo.
- 459 Commercial burglary in the 800 Block of North Milpas street.
- Male smoking H&S in an alleyway first block of West Victoria.
- Female subject refusing to leave Ralphs she is near the exit door. Sounds like she is pretty much there.
- 6600 Block of Albraggo with a vehicle in a parking lot involved in a 20002 Non injury hit and run.
- Report of a female yelling at 2 male juveniles in a gold Toyota Sienna Quarantina at DLG.
- Animal Control 3 is at McKenzie Park.
- Unconscious male in Starbucks bathroom 1200 Block of State street.
- Male checking door handles of a white Range Rover at 633 East Cabrillo near the Tennis Courts Hilton Hotel HMA carrying a grey bag.
- 459 Commercial burglary by a drunk on a Schwinn Bicycle last seen being chased by employees of a Winery in the 4700 Block of Santa Maria Mesa. He broke in the winery and was found with several bottles of wine some of the bottles broken then he made a break for it last seen being chased by employees across a field WMA on a small Schwinn bicycle trying to get away.
- Check the Welfare of a male subject in the bushes 11 South Milpas. Subject was unresponsive so the Medic's were called.
- Premises check Alemada West end of Alemada Park.
- Glenview at Hot Springs odor of Smoke investigation it was an electrical odor in a home in that area.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Minor injury accident Highway 101 Southbound off ramp at San Ysidro CHP requesting code 2 Medic's.
- BOLO 484 Shoplifter WMA 28ish wearing a white shirt carrying a multi colored bag shoplifted at Paseo Nuevo.
- SBPD on a group 400 Block of East Cabrillo.- Drunk patient yelling at the Franklin Center Clinic 1100 Block of East Montecito.
I was going to say something else but forgot what it was just as well...... Will that is all outta Me for now Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head, One and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Denny Deem,Mark, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, Muskie, June, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie, Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will pee you on FRYday.. Later, Roger