Scanner Reports 4-17-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Heard a call on MONday that a guy was threatening to assault another guy who lives in an RV on East Montecito Street. Not sure why but it sounded like the guy did not like the RV guy living in an RV. It really is not smart to threaten others, you can go to jail and get yourself in a world of shit just for threatening. If someone is breaking the law you can call the Police, and let them handle the situation that keeps you out of trouble. Yes, this isn't Burger King "You cannot have it your Way" but there are other things you can do to make things better for our community to make it safer. It seems that there are many different places that one can volunteer to do things around town from volunteering for the County of Santa Barbara, and for the City to non profit agencies, when there is a beach clean up you can help clean up, or adopt a block on a street to clean up or just do something on your own.
I looked at the County website and saw several places where one can volunteer: Animal Services, DA's office, Project Clean Water, Grand Jury, Parks Volunteer, Probation Office. I did that once and was a volunteer Probation Officer back home many years ago, I used to do a lot of things on my own because I worked odd hours. There are all kinds of non-profit agencies you can volunteer for also. There is also NeighborHOOD Watch you can become the NeighborHOOD Block Captain and recruit other neighbors into keeping an eye on the block. We don't have NeighborHOOD Watch down here on South Milpas we all just kind of Watch Out for each other, It's the right thing to do.
I was asked a few months ago if I thought the City of Santa Barbara needed assistance from the Guardian Angels and I think with everything I hear on the scanner that it would be a good thing if the Guardian Angels were here to help Keep the Peace in Santa Barbara, but I'm not the only one who should be axed there are others. I think our police do a fine job at Keeping the Peace in Santa Barbara but I also think that with the Guardian Angels assistance patrolling troubled areas mainly State street there would be a lot less crimes involving aggressive subjects. It would also help free up the police to investigate other crimes. Check out their Website, or Facebook page they do a lot of other things besides patrol troubled areas and they are in several communities in California already as well as other Countries across the Globe. That's my 42 Cents, Here is your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Code 60 vehicle blocking needs to be towed 600 Block of East De La Guerra.
- And at Oak Park Lane and Pueblo another code 60 the reporting party blocked in by a person parked in the red zone I hope they got a ticket, not nice.
- On a bicyclist 200 Block of West Cabrillo it pays to run bicyclists for wants and warrants especially when they have 40,000.00 Dollars in Warrants in other cities, Have a nice trip.
- Premises check 500 Block of West Arrellaga.
- 415 Transient yelling at Modern Laundry 1015 DLV.
- 415 Customer refusing to leave McDonalds at 29 North Milpas.
- Premises check Skaters Point.
- Van Fire engine compartment 1700 Block of Franceschi Road it was knocked down pretty quick.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park.
- First block of South Milpas Premises check.
- 2400 Block of Santa Barbara street wires down.
- Suspicious subject a male taking mail out of the trash, Ruth at Castillo streets.
- SBPD checking out the Laborline.
- Castillo at DLG unknown type 415.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Jeep into a center divider highway 101 Northbound at Castillo.
- Premises check Alameda West side of the park.
- Gas Odor inside a residence in the 2300 Block of Modoc.
- 700 Block of East Montecito a guy named Mike driving a red compact car threatened to 242 Assault an RV Owner the area of the 700 Block of East Montecito.
- Right at the time I had to go to the pharmacy and go shoplifting at my favorite store until Sprouts opens up, Rite Aide I hear a car of a phony prescription over there I knew what was coming next...Funny thing I saw the police vehicles parked near by but I did not see the Fuzz I'm sure they were near by though. About an hour after I left I heard Van one make a pick up at Rite Aide 35 South Milpas and knew they caught a fish..
- Check the welfare of a subject under a blanket in the 300 Block of State street.
- Some guy ripped off a torch kit from Home Depot worth over a hundred dollars I wonder if it came with a pitchfork? Not sure if he was caught Market Place.
- Subject pulling his panties up and down in a business in the 3600 Block of State street a wrist rocket can help people keep their pants up I was able to help a friend of mine once who mooned me keep his pants up. with a wrist rocket
- Possible broken arm med call Canary Hotel 31 West Carrillo.
- First Block of West Carrillo 415 Disagreement overpayment of services and threats investigation.
- 415 Subject at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf on going problem with the same subject trespassing BMA Transient warned not to return but always does 3000 Block of DLV.
- 415 Domestic 500 Block of West Los Olivos the ex-boyfiend and his buddies are blocking the female from leaving by blocking her vehicle..."Yea that will get her back stay far far away from that guy!"
- 1700 Block of Hillcrest Drive in Ventura GSW. Unknown circumstances and or condition.
- Rental vehicle with engine left running for 30 minutes no one around in the 1200 Block of Coast Village Road a Nissan Rogue.- 242 Assault a 242 Assault investigation.
- Injury fall from a bicycle 400 Block of East Cota Fire Department, Medics, SBPD showed up.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Med Call Fall victim 1700 Block of Anacapa street back injury, and those really suck.
- Suspicious circumstances subjects passing Amazon Packages from vehicles in the 100 Block of Aero Camino I don't know if it's criminal or not.
- Subject staring at the reporting party in the 400 Block of West Islay in front of their home making them nervous.
- A vehicle that was ripped off in the 7000 Block of Del Norte at 2 am was recovered in the 7400 Block of Cathedral Oaks in the Morning.
- Suspicious subject looking in reporting parties vehicle in the 500 Block of West Alamar.
- SBPD Female officer out on 2 at the picnic tables at McKenzie Park.
- Idiot with a warrant yelling in the County Administration building Bye!
- Harbor Patrol with a camper at LeadBetter Point.
- Transient chasing subject on a scooter with a small dog near Skaters point SBPD responded.
- 415 Domestic I guess males just don't think things through male steals females cell phone and leaves Smooth Move Exlax....1100 Block of Coast Village Road.
- The Full Moon is just out there Waiting... SBPD on a subject at Franklin School.
- 415 Domestic 400 Block of Donze.
- Possible overdose on medication to the front of Garden Court in the 1100 Block of DLV.
- 100 Block of Nopolitos 2 SBPD Officers on a clean up.
- Campers setting up a camp in the 100 Block of Nopolitos
- 415 Transient disturbing at Nopolitos and Kimball.
- 415 Domestic 1900 Block of Elise Way ex-boyfiend possibly under the influence took the kid and left that was all I heard there.
- 415 Son breaking things up on South Voluntario left on a bicycle caught 1200 Block of Punta Gorda gone for now.
- Found property a bicycle in the breezeway 921 State street.
- Small rattle snake in a yard 2600 Block of Rudolph street.
- Subject down on the Off Ramp highway 101 Southbound Carrillo off ramp.
- 2 Drunk males sitting on top an overturned shoplifting card on the Cacique street Foot Bridge drinking and DRUNK!
- Vandalism investigation in the 700 Block of State street.
- 1600 Block of Chino suicidal female.
- Trash Can Fire out 100 Block of State street.
- Injury traffic accident Haley and Santa Barbara street, patient feeling faint Fire department and Medic's code 3.
- Ongoing problem with a camper camping below reporting parties home in a grassy area in the 900 Block of West Carrillo it would be dangerous if the camper was a smoker or lit Cooking/Warming fires.
Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Maxwell, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Denny Deem, Walter, Fred, C.J.,Jonathan, Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Apr 17, 2019 08:21 AM
Great advice, Roger, about volunteering. There's a man who picks up trash along Hollister and Puente. Has for years. One person doing good helps all. Inspiration is a wonderful thing he provides.
Apr 17, 2019 08:31 AM
Concerned people can volunteer by not being passive. Whenever we see something, we say something to police or sheriff. Have non-emergency numbers quickly available. Be a witness. Being a witness is the the partner to Citizen's Arrest. Save your community. Demand the best service of protection. Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 23 to 38 in 2019) is considered a Millennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward is part of a new generation. YOU are needed now. Step up!
Apr 17, 2019 08:59 AM
Roger- The Guardian Angels DID make an appearance here in Santa Barbara for a short time back in 1985 or 86
Apr 17, 2019 09:56 AM
In Carpinteria we have a volunteer organization, "Carpinteria Beautiful" and you can sign up to keep a certain section clean from litter. Carp Beautiful gives out those long stick things with "pinchers" on the end for picking up trash (have no idea of the correct name). Works well, many people help to keep Carpinteria beautiful.
Apr 17, 2019 11:28 AM
I know I was here then met Curtis Sliwa on State street near the Copper Coffee Pot spoke for at least an hour. He wanted to know SBPD response times to crimes back then they were pretty fast they still are in emergencies though we have problems on State street Coast Village Road off ramps, on ramps. the rail road tracks, aggressive panhandling, fighting, shitting, pissing everywhere.. Things have been tried over and over again for years bandaids...But it gets worse
Apr 17, 2019 11:49 AM
Thank you, Roger. Shining light on the problems is your contribution based on your experience and observation, and I appreciate it, very much.
Apr 17, 2019 01:12 PM
Anyone know what's happening at Victoria and Anacapa?
Apr 17, 2019 02:08 PM