Scanner Reports 4-15-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I have been scatterbrained lately with all that is going on in all of our lives and my personal life. I am not all there that is normal for me except this is more of a Not All There on Steroids. So I am forgetful, I have a lot of anxiety and depression, I am afraid of things I have not been afraid of before. I think I need Online Group Therapy. I bet there are others who have anxiety and depression over all this SHIT. It's normal to be FREAKED OUT and it's ok. I think many of us ARE. I don't want to hurt myself or others, I want this horrible thing to go away and I want people to get better and survive.
In my absent-mindedness, I forgot to mention something the other day, something very important. When you go out in your vehicle or someone else's, or even on a bicycle, disinfect the handles of whatever mode of transportation you are using but ESPECIALLY your own vehicle when you go shopping at a store. There have been many calls of people checking door handles to see if vehicles are unlocked so they can steal things left in your vehicle, or just steal the whole vehicle. Carry disinfectant wipes with you so you can wipe door handles and anything else you have to touch on the outside of your vehicle before getting into it. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE UNLOCKED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVEN IF YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO BE GONE A SECOND. EVEN IF YOU ARE STANDING NEAR YOUR CAR LOCK IT! Trust me I know how quick a crook can operate and I was one a long, long time ago.
Anyway...I mentioned the door handle thing to a neighbor and she was shocked. I think everyone thinks about checking it once but not everywhere it should be checked everywhere even at home as there are people lurking around our HOODS also looking for things to pick up. Anyway clean the door handles especially on vehicles every time you are away from the vehicle. Tell your friends, and your friends, friends, friends. Not everyone reads Edhat, Tell everyone to read Edhat. Be safe...HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, MONDAY:
- 2 Males looking into vehicles 2800 Block of State street.
- 415pc Subject refusing to leave Spudnuts and throwing boxes 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Smoke investigation near Motel 6 5550 Carpinteria Avenue.
- 1800 Block of Rose Avenue Working structure Fire Ventura.
- Subject attacked for using a Leaf Blower in the 4400 Block of Hollister in Goleta.
- Med call fall victim 1200 Block of West Valerio.
- 415 Fight 400 Block of Old Coast Highway but it was quick.
- Medical Call 132 Harbor Way
- Camper in a tent near Kids World 1400 Block of Garden street.
- Suicide attempt at The Castillo Inn overdose on Castillo.
- 459 Audible Alarm 536 State street.
- 415pc Code 40 Drunk refusing to leave a motel room in the 3500 Block of State street.
- Trespassing transient sleeping in an elevator 100 Block of East Carrillo a new place to stay warm.
- Med call Faulding Hotel 15 East Haley.
- SBPD on a group at Ortega Park 600 Block of East Ortega.
- SBPD on a group at EastSide Park 200 Block of North Soledad.
- Detectives follow up on a case in the 800 Block of East Figueroa.
- 200 Block of North Pacific Traumatic Injury from Evening before an assault.
- A case of poison oak Medical call code 2 Sheriffs Sub Station 100 Block of Highway 246.
- Medical Call 1144pc Rest in Peace 15 East Haley the Faulding Hotel.
- Bohnett Park Premises check.
- On a group the 2nd time around Ortega Park.
- Fight brewing between 2 Homeless males on Stearns Wharf.
- 415pc Female in front of Santa Cruz market 324 West Montecito refusing to leave.
- Bohnett Park premises check.
- Subjects possibly doing drugs in the back parking lot of Montecito bank and trust in the 1100 Block of CVR.
- Subject drinking vodka from a bottle in Cottage Hospitals parking lot 320 West Pueblo.
- Campers in a tent Bath street off ramp in a blue tent.
- 3 Shoplifters Vons 163 South Turnpike 3 Hispanic Juveniles wearing hoodies stealing Booze a female, and two males.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
Scanner Reports, TUESday:
- Medical Call 3800 Block of State street.
- Med Call 7100 Block of Del Norte in IV.
- 415pc Transient McDonalds 1213 State street.
- Medical Call 3800 Block of State street.
- 415 Subject messing with someone's garden hose 600 Block of East Gutierrez.
- Audible Alarm at DP High School on Alameda in Goleta.
- 300 Block of Garden onramp 415 Transient throwing cans at vehicles I guess no one will give him any money
- Medical Call Cal Star Fall from a Horse spinal injuries.
- Structure Fire 1200 Block of Loma Venture County Mobil Home Park.
- Medical call on Del Playa in Goleta.
- Wires down 100 Block of South Voluntario on the East Side.
- 100 Block of DLV Medical call.
- Male transient at 160 South La Cumbre throwing things on passing vehicles from the overpass wearing a backpack.
- East Mason at Nopal Medical call.
- Greenwell at Lilly Horse found without a rider.
- Medical Call 5th street at Los Angeles.
- Illegal camper in an elevator 200 Block of West Pueblo.
- Theft from CVS 222 West Carrillo HMA took a bottle of wine.
- Med call 600 Block of Cooper Road.
- Male riding a bicycle and vandalizing trees Douglas Family Preserve.
- Subject left Cottage Hospital AMA Against Medical Advice.
- Pubic Assist in the 2600 Block of Fallen Leaf Court Flooding.
In the Old Days we BOOMERS used to hang down at the employment office and wait for people to hire us we worked hard for five bucks an hour and were grateful for anything we received. We did not throw things at people or their cars when they did not give us money. If some of these young people of today had to work like a real Hobo they would cry like little babies, in fact, I bet even the ones that live at home with Mommy and Daddy would.
I called 211 on MONday for help for food and on TUESday a National Guardsman came to my door with a grocery bag full of food and I am very grateful that the Santa Barbara Food Bank provides this service for us older Elderly and Disabled folks...Thank You Food Bank...With that Have a Wonderful WEDnesday... Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE!. Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy,, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis,, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Ricky, Bengie, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, John Prime, Marianne, and Chris willing we wll see you on FRYday. Later.. Roger