Scanner Reports 3-6-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Every time the Big Storm is acoming and there are warnings. I get scared though were lucky our little community is on a little hill and if it does flood, it floods a little on our land or outside my door making the entry a little wet. Long before I got here and it flooded around town, it never flooded here so I've been told. I still get a little shook up thinking about it. Maybe it's because I was listening to the scanner that Morning when the mud slide went through Montecito or maybe it's my tornado experience when I was a kid. I hope we don't have Mud Slides, just a lot of rain to fill up Lake Cachuma. Hopefully there won't be any creeps coming into town to rip off the good Folks in Montecito, I think they have suffered enough not that any one should have to suffer.
Next Code 40 down on the sidewalk 21 North Milpas I just walked past this guy a little while ago on my way to McDonalds, he told me he fell down, his walker went one way he went another. He had a heavy build in his 60's with a beet red face and a small stream of urine under him heading for the gutter. He wasn't a regular drunk, though he coulda been downtown or transported from another place. He looked to me as if he had worked a good deal of his life and now he is disabled, retired, drunk, and homeless, his 401K. I asked him if he had fallen? He answered "Yes." I asked him if he wanted me to call someone to help him up? He said "No , please don't call them." I did not but not for him, for the police as they are constantly dealing with Homeless Folks. I think we should have 2 Police Forces one that deals with the Homeless and gets them the help they need and the other police force that deals with crime. Maybe with all of the millions of dollars Homeless Inc. in Santa Barbara County gets in grants and donations they can hire say 150 people to deal with this so we can have our police officers investigate real crimes like Robbery, burglary, murder, rape, assaults. Because I have no doubt our police force and they represent all of us Homeless or not are stretched way too thin. I don't know what their pay is but they all deserve much more. This guy will most likely be out of the rain before the storm comes because though I did not call 911 for him, someone did and last I heard the police were responding, (I'm sure he will think I called). There are so many Code 40 Drunks laying all over town I would only call if they were in distress or if they were bothering others, or being abusive, though many of them are abusive when you ask them to move Anyway it is What it is.....Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- A stolen vehicle was returned by the thief the child of the parent he took it from, now he is home all safe and sound after being gone all night in his parents car he gave the keys back and maybe he apologized Who Knows? He got away with it or so he thinks not known to him is the SBSO is on their way to Mahoney Lane.
- Minor injury bicyclist down on Mission Ridge Road.
- Check the Welfare of a 2 year old boy who ran outside, then ran back in his residence Reporting party is concerned the child might be home alone.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- CSI Crime Scene Investigation Golds Gym for a case.
- There was a "Shots Fired" call on SUNday and damaged vehicles discovered on MONday in the area of Voluntario and Indio Muerto.
- Naked 70 Year old man in a wheelchair 270 Storke Road.
- Premises check on the Cacique street Underpass.
- Strong Arm Robbery of Alcohol from CVS Pharmacy 222 West Carrillo, Strong Arm Robbery is robbery by physical force.
- 5150pc Female heading South on State from Alamar wearing a Pink Wig...I have a pink bb gun.
- 415pc Transient sat on Reporting party's vehicle and pounded on their wind sheild 1040 Coast Village Road, Vons.
- Check the Welfare of a student at SBHS Something about text messages.
- 415pc Transients disturbing in front of the .99 Cent store.
- Possible Shots Heard 6 Gun Shots heard either the 1700 Block of Thomas, or the 1700 Block of San Pascual Unknown if the police found anything.
- Shoplifter running from a Shoe Store 800 Block of State street Paseo Nuevo.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run Highway 101 South Bound Garden street Off Ramp grey Truck suspect vehicle.
- 415 Fight at PATH one subject swinging a belt Police responded subjects went to jail.
- Sexual Battery investigation occurred in January Rape Crisis Center.
- A female fell from a bicycle on Shoreline North of Castillo Unknown if injury.
- Vehicle accident non injury one driver threatening the other Jack in the Box Goleta.
- 415 Domestic Male and Female on Bicycles in the 3900 Block of State street near CVS pharmacy.
- 315 Camido Del Remedio possible Battery 242 on a staff member some kind of 415 There Fire Department and Medics responded for an Assault sounded like both.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Dwight Murphy Park Drinkers.
- 415 on La Cadena 415 Family and the kid don't want to go to school.
- Street Storage 300 Block of East Ortega.
- 415 At Trader Joes 222 North Milpas subject threatened to Assault the reporting party.
- Drunk driver in a silver Sion at a Coffee shop on Lilly in Carpinteria smelled of alcohol.
- Keep the Peace at Vons Turnpike.
- Idiot going through trash pulling out bottles and breaking them in the street 7 West Haley.
- Another jerk went to the bathroom in the reporting parties garage then threw a bottle at them he went to jail.
- Unconscious Subject 4100 Block of State med call.
- 415pc Subject with a knife Kellogg at Calle Real.
- Code 40, Drunk down on the sidewalk 21 North Milpas.
- Campers in the underpass 100 Block of Calle Caesar Chavez.
- Lines Down 5400 Block of Happy Canyon.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Burglary to a garage in the 1200 Block of Castillo
- 242 Assault in the 300 Block of Ellwood Beach Road, Fire Department and Medics responded.
- Med Call Unconscious Subject Sleeping at McDonalds 29 North Milpas A male threatening to Assault and Murder a female in the 5400 Block of Carpinteria Ave 415 Domestic.
- 415pc.. 2 Males playing Push and Shove in the 500 Block of Milpas street both continued South on Milpas afterwards.
- 245pc at SMHS Assault with a weapon Suspect being taken to Juvenile Hall
- Injury accident vehicle vs a pedestrian 3618 State street.
- SBPD On a Follow Up to a Current Case in the 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Code 40 Drunk fell on the Store Overpass got up staggering Dysfunctional Walker.
Will that is All outta me for now Have a Great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Maxwell, Fish Head, One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Mavis, Pat, Ricky, Bengie, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger
Mar 06, 2019 07:29 AM
I got nervous too Roger and I grew up on the east coast where yesterday's storm was the equivalent of a normal usually summertime intense thunderstorm. But it is unusual here to have storms like that and it's just not built for tons of rain - and I think the Montecito event last year was definitely something that shook everyone up. People can get overly dramatic about these events but I'm glad nothing happened in the way of a major slide or major flooding, and we definitely need this rain, and even more!
Mar 06, 2019 12:48 PM
I love the rain I agree more more more we had storms like this back in Indiana too still they shake me up a bit...I had a friend who used to share his travels in a big rig he suddenly passed I haven't been into it since. I used to hitch alot when I was a kid and I rode Shotgun in alot of big rigs also.....Other then reading the news I hadn't heard anything about a teenager getting killed in Lompoc I find it very sad.. Poor kid.
Mar 06, 2019 09:35 AM
Roger, do you ever watch BigRigTravelsLive? It's a guy, Steve, who drives an 18-wheeler all over the U.S. delivering goods. He has a camera inside truck, pointing out, and has it on real time, live. It's like we're all traveling with him, and seeing the views. He has viewers from all over the world. Someone there posted this morning about our S.B. lightning last night, and posted photos on the Facebook page. I don't do Facebook, but here's the link for the Youtube live travel, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWgAACdrzCk
Mar 06, 2019 09:39 AM
Roger - have you heard any news about the teen that was shot and killed in Lompoc the other day?
Mar 06, 2019 10:12 AM
Roger, a followup on BigRigTravels, here's the current trip route for this week: La Grande OR, Baker City OR, Ontario OR, Boise ID, Twin Falls ID, Ogden UT, Rock Springs WY, Cheyenne WY, Lincoln NE,
Kansas City MO, St Louis MO, Nashville TN, Knoxville TN, Asheville NC, Charlotte NC, deliver in Concord NC.
Mar 06, 2019 04:26 PM
It was entertaining to have the lightening and thunder minus the heavy rain predicted. Dodged another debris flow.