Scanner Reports 3-4-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Sunday morning I heard a report of a man walking his dog on the railroad tracks near Santa Claus Lane. On the Sheriffs channel a few minutes later it came over the Amtrak channel so the trains in the area would slow down, the call actually came out for a trespasser on the tracks kind of a serious charge if you get arrested for it instead of just a warning. I remember a few years back a man and his dog were hit and killed in that area. I almost got hit there years ago crossing the tracks Freight Train came flying around the corner scared the HELL outta me and I grew up around trains. Crossing the tracks is one thing walking down the tracks another is it really worth taking a chance walking on the tracks? Seems like not everyone hears the trains till they are right up on you there is no time to get out of the way. Please stay off the railroad tracks if not for you think of the engineers of the trains, and the responders, and your dog. It's all fun and games till the shit hits the fan another topic Drunk and DUI drivers like the guy who hit the roundabout at Milpas a week ago that happened when the roundabout was first built a drunk driver hit it in the exact same spot he was killed. One would think people would learn they never do we still have Drunk and DUI drivers all over the place I hear the calls all the time over the scanner. Some could be medical calls but 9 times out of 10 when one gets pulled over they are under the influence of something. Stay Off the Tracks and Don't Use or Drink and Drive. Here are your Scanner Reports:
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 900 Block of Nopal suspicious van with someone in it blue grey van.
- Large Encampment near the Post Office 107 Nopolitos.
- Vandalism Graffiti Ortega Park.
- Missing at Risk female located State street at Pedregosa streets.
- Missed which Rabo Bank this was, it wasn't in Goleta or Santa Barbara but a group of strange acting people went into a Rabo Bank somewhere in Santa Barbara County grabbed all the freebie's cookies, coffee etc ran out jumped in a white Mustang and rode off into the Sunset first thing in the morning.
- 594 Vandlism to a vehicle 200 Block of Mahoney.
- Suspicious WMA wearing blue panties following a female at Goleta Beach.
- Check the Welfare of a kid who lives on Via Lotto who's mother sells H&S, sorry missed block.
- Report of a fire possible warming fire 101 South Bound near Los Patos the fire department was unable to locate.
- Transient at Starbucks in the 1200 Block of State street grabbing at female students as they walk by.
- Possible vehicle rollover Rosemary at Stowell.- Illegal campers near the railroad tracks 500 Block of West Islay.
- Report of a subject lighting things on fire 100 Block of Nopal personal items the fire department was unable to locate.
- Oven fire at Transition House 400 Block of East Ortega.
- 2 Transients harassing people in lot 11 panhandling one guy is a black male adult the other a white male adult covered in Vomit with a capital "V" and that spells VOMIT! Damn I'm hungry! 500 Block of Anacapa.
- SBPD on a subject 29 North Milpas
- 2 Transients refusing to leave Private property in the 400 Block of North Milpas Street one next to a Dumpster the other behind a grey Prius.
- SBSO on a Lojack hit Carrillo and Chapala turns out it was deactivated.
- 415 Subject yelling at the staff of Town and Country motel in the 2800 Block of State street
- "Yeller" Transient 1015 De La Vina street.-
- Traffic Accident vehicle on its side Toro Canyon Park Road
- Keep the Peace on a child custody 1400 Block of Lou Dillion
- Med call unconscious male Uncle Rocko's 400 Block of State street.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Traffic Accident highway 101 Southbound near Olive Mill non injury.
- 415 Transient at Starbucks at 208 West Carrillo.
- Fall Victim code 40 Drunk female fell down then got right back up and continued walking South on Bath street.
- Audible alarm 4200 Block of Calle Real Saint Vincients.
- Suspicious male following a female from the Public Market ongoing problem WMA 60 drives a white 4-Runner.
- Combative Subject in the 3700 Block of State street on scene officer requested code 3 back up lights and sirens and soon everyone was calm.
- 242 Battery in the 1200 Block of State street.
- 415 Transients disturbing at Vons 1040 Coast Village Road.
- 1000 Block of Coast Village Road another 415 Transient subject refusing to leave.
- Suspicious circumstances subjects stripping a vehicle at 7th and Maple in Carpinteria.
- Non injury hit and run 1600 Block of San Andres suspect vehicle a tan RV heading South.
- Public accident on Chino victim at Cottage ER respond there to take report.
- Found property in the 300 Block of East Arrellaga.
- Theft investigation 500 Block of East DLG.
- Highway one at Santa Rosa possible sink hole.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run at Smart and Final suspect vehicle a grey Truck last seen toward Las Palmas.
- 415 Physical at Santa Ynez Ballards in the 1000 Block of Edison victim was pulling out of a parking space Suspect thought he was going to get hit by the victims vehicle so he kicked it. Victim stopped vehicle got out to argue and got choked by the suspect who took off before police arrived.
- 2 Transients refusing to leave the Salvation Army and throwing food on employees 423 Chapala.
- OverDose Suicide attempt at PATH 816 Cacique.
- 415 Investigation at PATH 816 Cacique.
- 415 Domestic 600 Block of East Micheltorena.
- 20002 Non injury hit and Run Yanonali at Nopal suspect last seen heading North on the 101 in a silver vehicle.
- 242 Assault 900 Block of State street between a male-female, female with a head laceration near Marshals 900 Block of State street.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Code 40 Drunk Cottage Hospital ER.
- 5150 On Anacapa from City Parking lot 7 wearing blue pants and a red and grey jacket Be on the Lookout don't know why just 5150 Emotionally unstable subject.
- 200 Block of Oceano 415 Domestic.
- Check the Welfare of a father and son playing on the railroad tracks at 209 State street.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- SBPD on a subject at State street and Guiterrez.
- Check the Welfare of a resident in the 1300 Block of Castillo relative unable to get a hold of them SBPD responded they were OK.
- Traumatic injury on the beach near Coal Oil Point broken ankle unknown circumstances.
- SBPD on smokers in the 500 Block of State street.
- Parking problem 1400 Block of San Andres.
- 415 Domestic on Oceanview.
- Report of transients setting up a camp University at Ribera.
- Male on Overpass 500 Block of West Micheltorena with spray paint, Police were Unable to locate.
- Med call Starbucks 100 Block of North Fairview.
- Fall victim from the cliffs possibly on the rocks at Douglas Family Preserve Unknown circumstances the victim passed away Rest in Peace.
- Injury traffic accident La Cumbre Lane at La Cumbre Road 2 vehicles involved injury.
- Suicide by hanging West Side of BeachFront area.
- Drunk disturbing in the parking lot 26 East Haley.
- Stray K-9 300 Block of North La Cumbre Road.
- Code 40 Drunk down on the sidewalk with 2 small dogs Carrillo at Castillo.
- Suspicious male in a green truck in the 3800 Block of LaCumbre Hills Lane.
Will this is the beginning of the month so I'm beating feet left and right all over to pay rent and bills and cover the reports at the same time. I'm not a real journalist, I'm just a simple little Bargain Basement Bukowski but I like it this way. This way I don't have to say I'm number one and I get the news first Blah, Blah, Blah...It's so FRIGGEN annoying to hear that over and over again patting themselves on the back over and over again as if they are heroes of the News Media. I'm glad I'm small potatoes. I'm not talking shit about anyone, in particular, they are all that way. From the independent scanner reporters to the Network TV Snooze people. They not only have all the equipment, they have assistants, and interns doing it for them. I'm all by myself though I get help from the Edhatters, and Staff of Edhat. If someone else breaks a story I don't want my name on it, I want the person who got the stories name on it. I recently had a small conflict with someone over this breaking snooze crap and it's interesting how far someone will go to say they are number one they got personal and bought up something I said to them in confidence so I had to break away from that friendship...Anyway if you saw my MILPAS UNDERPANTS LATELY... you would know I'm sticking to them that place really needs a cleaning Anyway Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Lola. PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Bengie, Ricky, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on WEDnesday..Later, Roger
Mar 04, 2019 10:26 AM
It's no wonder SBPD won't roll on a burglary in my hood. They are literally working full time trying to manage our transient problem. These aren't "one paycheck from the streets types" they keep telling us we all are... They are mentally ill, antisocial addicts a s should be returned to their hometowns.
Mar 04, 2019 01:29 PM
Alot of them are I believe I really don't know alot of the younger Folks and some of them are down right mean. I feel really bad for the handicapped and disabled folks like that woman in a wheel chair with one foot missing she cannot even clean herself up there are some who are Veterans too. It's the panhandlers who say they are vets I'm suspicious of...You are right the police have a full time job and then some taking care of the Homeless issue. One thing I have noticed I have not seen one homeless or poor person mistreated by our police they treat everyone with respect..There are some bad eggs on the streets and there are good eggs too..
Mar 04, 2019 01:42 PM
Re: people walking across the train tracks - I shudder to think how many families and children will be crossing the railroad tracks between the Miramar and the beach. I haven't been there yet to see if there are good warning signs; I sure hope so.
Mar 05, 2019 09:30 AM
Returning homeless to their hometowns isn't like returning illegals to their home country. Americans have a right to live anywhere they want to. Thanks, Roger for all the news. I don't even watch TV news very often, get what I need from you.
Mar 05, 2019 01:30 PM
I think the Monkey might benefit from finding gratitude for all the blessings received in this life. Perhaps spend some time in gratitude shoes. I'll bet he takes indoor plumbing for granted.