Scanner Reports 3-20-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I belong to a Santa Barbara page on Facebook, the other day I saw a post about how the rooms at the Miramar are going for up to $800/night. Some folks were kind of disappointed in that, it seemed and were voicing their opinions on it. Then I read a comment in a post on Edhat. I posted about Aggressive Panhandlers in Montecito, the comment was posted at 8:11pm on the 17th. Suggesting that elected officials ought to ride the train from Carpinteria to a little past Goleta. "Tons of debris garbage numerous active encampments. The new Miramar has a huge camp southeast of their property, 100 yards away, etc." I guess those campers don't have to pay $800/night, sounds like they have a better view than those staying at the Miramar. I did not post the comment word for word but enough. I think, I'm shocked I had no idea it was this bad. I wonder if some of the people in the Montecito encampments are people who lost their homes in the Mud Slide? According to the person who posted, "The worse section of the train route coming up from LA is Santa Barbara, Montecito, and Goleta." They also stated the property belongs to Union Pacific, and Caltrans the biggest camp being the one in Summerland. It sounds to me like we have another community of people within our County. I could become homeless tomorrow, but I would not want to be homeless here again, maybe Lompoc there are less homeless folks up there.
A guy I know was recently paroled back to Santa Barbara, his hometown, after doing 10 years in prison said to me the other day "What the HELL happened to Milpas street? There are people all over the place using the bathroom right out in the open sleeping on the sidewalk." I really could not give him an answer. In the national news there is word that California is becoming a big tent city like a 3rd world country, maybe the Republicans are buying the rest of the country's homeless folks bus tickets to California. Just kidding... That thought just popped in my head, I felt the need to write it down. I read the other day in an online article somewhere that this bus ticket buying has been going on for years and that when a bus ticket is bought and given to a homeless person the homeless person agrees that they will never come back to that city as a homeless person again. A homeless person cannot only sleep for free in paradise in a camp overlooking the ocean but they can travel the US for free in our country...Be it that there are not a lot of opportunities in our country This life really does not sound too bad, riding the bus for free, camping out for free, Dumpster food really isn't all that bad of course one could panhandle and most likely afford a room at the Miramar. Oh Well. Something should be done, I'm not sure what, maybe we could become a Dry City as far as booze and outlaw panhandling. The alcoholics would never be ok with outlawing the booze so that will never work. When Booze is Outlawed, Only outlaws will drink Booze or something like that. It is what it is but it should not be, Here are Your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Vehicle into a Tree, or a Guard Rail State at Calle Real Driver ran away. I guess he did not want to drive after all.
- Med Call Fall victim back injury 700 Block of East Cota.
- Suicidal subject in the area of New House 3/ 2400 Block of Bath street SBPD went code 4 right away meaning all is well.
- Premises check East Side Park.
- Threats investigation at the SBPD Station.
- Bicyclist Down possible injury 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- D.O.A. Animal 200 Block of East Arrellaga.
- Reckless white truck Montecito and Rancheria streets.
- GPS Medical monitor on a patient thought to be at McDonalds in the 3900 Block of State street but she was not there.
- Keep the Peace while someone picks up property in the 800 Block of DLG.
- 415 Argument over a non injury accident Glen Annie at Hollister.
- Indecent Exposure 800 Block of State street at Starbucks.
- 415 Fight physical involving 2 males, one female across from 633 East Cabrillo, Beachside across from the Hilton I hope they don't poison the birds over there like the Double Tree did remember that they took it upon themselves to poison all the neighborhood birds a few years back? Glad they sold out and left.
- Aggressive Transient fell and hit his head at the Good Cup 918 State street code 3 SBPD, Fire Department, and Medic's took him away.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down on the sidewalk in the 3000 Block of DLV.
- 415 Domestic 400 Block of East Haley police were Unable to Locate.
- Check the Welfare of an adult female panhandling with a juvenile at CVS Pharmacy in the 2900 Block of State street she must be making Bank.
- Reckless bicycle rider 200 Block of Sterns Wharf BMA wearing all black riding a black bicycle running lights, weaving.
- Med call 700 Block of Garden street.
- 415 Verbal argument between 2 males one pulled a knife on the other 300 Block of Bath street then walked away.
- 415 Domestic 300 Block of North Calle Caesar Chavez wife throwing things from Husbands office.
- 415 Domestic 500 Block of West Victoria woman yelling at 2 juveniles.
- 20002 Investigation non injury hit and run 100 Block of South Salinas.
- Fire Department, Medic's Stage for SBSO on Camino De Vida for a 5150, Emotionally Unstable Subject.
- 415 Domestic 400 Block of West Figueroa. male yelling at female in the bedroom.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Suspicious male WMA around 30 years old 5'7 zip-up sweatshirt using some type of tool to pick vehicle locks Walking South then North from the 1800 Block of Laguna possibly wearing black shorts.
- 1000 Block of Quinientos check the welfare of a code 40, Drunk down in a drive way.
- Fire alarms Cottage hospital parking structure, no fire.
- Non injury accident one driver not licensed Clifton at Canada Mary 3 responded and was Unable to Locate the accident.
- Check the Welfare of a male walking on the RR Tracks 20 Garden street Unable to Locate.
- SBPD Female Officer on a subject Highway 101 South Bound Las Positas Off Ramp.
- Transient refusing to leave the patio of Dunkin Donuts in the 3700 Block of State street.
- 415 RoomMates on West Padre male told the female if she moved out he was going to kill her pretty sure it was West Padre I missed the address too bad I might have posted it.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Subject possibly HBD had been drinking in a white Chevy van with a ladder rack on top in the 5300 Block of Overpass in Goleta.
- Traffic stop 2900 Block of Los Positas brown mini Cooper.
- Premises check at the Hilton 600 Block of East Carrillo.
- Trespasser at BackYard Bowls in the 300 Block of Motor Way.
- Non injury traffic accident 1900 Block of Castillo.
- Turnpike just South of Hollister Palm on a power line Fire department call.
- Suspicious vehicle a van with Texas plates 100 Block of Natoma reporting party concerned of recent 459's burglaries.
- Residential Fire Alarm 3100 Block of Via Real.
- Report of 2 females fighting next to a blue car in front of SB JR High in the 700 Block of East Cota there was a 2 year old child in the vehicle fighters were gone when police got there.
- Drunk in the Planter 210 West Carrillo....Quick get him out! We have too many already!
- 415 Former guest of Motel 6 in the 400 Block of Corona Del Mar refusing to leave.
- Fairview at Sherrill Check the welfare of a subject possibly 5150 Medical Call Fire and Medic's staging SBSO response to Check the Welfare of the subject first.
- Gas Leak outside of a mobile home in the 5700 Block of Via Real.
Another reason my words and letters get typoed is because of my Dell Keyboard the poor thing has so much use not to mention all the crap that has been dropped on it. You would not believe all the crap stuck in the keys...Will have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Maxwell, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory,Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO,John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will pee you on FRYday. Later, Roger