Scanner Reports 3-13-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I read the post about the sanitizer getting ripped off out of the vehicle. I never saw whether or not the vehicle was locked though the soap was sitting on the seat in plain sight which is one step up from having an unlocked vehicle a locked vehicle with a popular, or wanted item in sight. Vehicles really are not that hard to get into especially if you have access to burglar tools. I used to go to a Dollar Plus store near Santa Cruz Market on West Montecito, in the tool section they had a slim jim which is a long piece of flat sheet metal that went between the window and the door and could easily pop locks on vehicles open, this tool was under 2 dollars. If the store is still there, the slim jims are probably still there too. I used to have a couple of them laying around in case a friend locked themselves out of their vehicles but unless they are stashed under all my junk I have no idea where they are, probably got ripped off by that guy that used to be my friend. The more I get to know others in Santa Barbara the better I feel ALONE. If you have an issue about forgetting to lock up your vehicle put a little post-it note where you will see it reminding you to lock the car.
I have heard about all kinds of things being stolen from vehicles. Guns being the most outrageous, that someone would actually leave a gun in a vehicle where someone could steal it. Not to long ago couple years back there was a truck with several guns AR-15 rifles included left unlocked, guns all gone. Seems like most of the vehicle theft calls I have been hearing lately are vehicles with the keys left in them. It's bad enough leaving a vehicle unlocked but leaving the keys in it too what is up with that? Many people look for unlocked vehicles just so they can sleep in them. "If you cannot find a safe place to sleep just look for an unlocked vehicle." I heard that all the time when I was a kid. I slept in a couple cars to get out of the rain, though the cars I slept in were abandoned junkers. I never slept on someones property where I might be found, you never know they might be a hungry serial killer. I started going through my studio, slowly to clean it up and get rid of old stuff. It's going to take a long time to go through it but it will be worth it. I already found something of use I could use, I'm sure there is much more crap where that came from.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Marian Extended Care Santa Maria med call head injury
- Check the Welfare of a subject who is a heavy drug user in the 3600 Block of State street staying in a motel
- 245pc With a metal pipe 2 Subjects and a weapon beating on one subject Marina One at the Harbor code 2 Medics.
- Possible wanted subject at the County Admin Building 105 East Anapamu
- Med call 300 Block of West Cota
- Traffic Hazard a vehicle stuck on a rock in the center median 1000 Block of CVR.
- Female with a stick and wearing red shoes beating on a sign at Carrillo and DLV
- Suspicious male going through the trash 200 Block of Reef Court
- Fire Alarms at the Balboa Building 735 State street no fire
- Woman going through mailboxes at Olive and Figueroa then continued North on Olive according to Reporting Party she hadn't found mail yet.
- 242pc Assault 500 Block of East DLG.
- 415pc Female yelling on the corner 500 Block of East Montecito
- 20002pc 200 Block of Helena involving a white Jeep Cherokee still on scene.
- SBPD on a group 900 Block of Cacique
- Premises check Ortega Park
- 459pc Audible Alarm 900 Block of APS
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park
- Overdose on Alcohol 600 Block of Miramonte.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Someone being harassed and followed in the 500 Block of State street.
- Someone parked in Ralphie's parking lot using drugs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- Petty Theft 300 Block of West Cota. Barefoot female took 40.00 Dollars from an elderly male per his caregiver.
- Subject refusing to leave the residence in the 700 Block of North Voluntario.
- 242pc Grabbed by the neck 1100 Block of East Guiterrez, suspect a female who lives on South Canada.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- 415pc Road Rage in the parking lot of the Home Improvement Center 415 East Gutierrez
- 314pc Male Starbucks 800 Block of State street WMA long brown hair, wearing a long pink dress last seen walking Southbound on State street
- Fire Alarms ringing 900 Block of Calle Los Amigo's
- Premises check Ortega Park
- Female Drunk Driver Alamar and DLV, Launderland parking lot in a silver Wind Star she got away for a bit then was reported to be at Presto Pasta they found her there.
- Drunk male passed out 18 South Milpas street
- A subject riding a red or pink Specialized Mountain Bicycle ditched the PD Today from the probation office on East Carrillo to State street then headed South though they knew who he was so I'm sure they will catch up yo him sooner than later.
- Vandalism in the 400 Block of North Voluntario female in her 60;s on a black bicycle numerous reporting parties this suspect is also known
- Theft of sunglasses from Nordstroms WMA 5'6 Grey shirt and jeans.
- Juveniles smoking and drinking alcohol on top of parking lot 2 900 Block of Chapala.
- Premises check Oak Park.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly female at the Bus Stop 222 North Milpas street.
- Theft of a case of beer from CVS Pharmacy 222 West carrillo.
- Suspicious Circumstances 1200 Block of DLV.
- Leash violation Islay at Santa Barbara streets.
- 415pc Transient 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Prem check 800 Block of North Milpas street.
- Subject with a warrant 200 Block of East Haley.
- Traffic Accident 200 Block Avenue of the Flags.
- Fire Alarms no fire Cottage Hospital 320 West Pueblo.
- On a pedestrian Cacique at Alisos.
- On a bicyclist 300 Block of East Gutierrez.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Great Weekend..Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, , Lafayette, Ted, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Roger, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Crazy Ed, Cory, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Little Mac, John Havlick, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger