Scanner Reports 2-8-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Times are different now than they used to be, there is alot of gun violence in our country, people choose to kill others over disagreements, arguments, resentments, to feel they have power over another. Over 39,000 people were shot to death in 2016 alone in the United States. According to an article in Vox.com by German Lopez in 2018, 55 people including some of the killers, were killed in school shootings. I came from a rough area where there was school violence, there were beatings, some stabbings, and shootings, mostly gang violence nothing like what is going on in our society today. This is not our future it's our present, it's not paranoia, it's reality. Kids are not so afraid of their own shadows as they are aware of their surroundings, many people are, because mass shootings can happen anytime anywhere and they have.
Twice in Goleta there have been Deadly Mass Shootings. The Goleta Post Office shootings in 2006, and the Isla Vista Shootings in 2014. A little too close for comfort. When I was a kid my greatest fear besides being bullied all the time in school was watching the evening news, it was all about Vietnam. It was on the news every day and when I was a little kid it shook me up especially since there were two close people in my life both fighting in Vietnam, one was my Brother in Law who I was very close to, he was wounded. Though all this insanity is going on in our country today kids are still going to school though they might be afraid they are still going to school that says alot for the kids of today. Don't worry for your safety that kid will be staying in school they will learn all they can go on to other things college perhaps someday you might cross paths and you might be saved by that child you once thought to be so dangerous because they thought they saw a gun not a radiator hose. I'd want that kid on my team that is someone who is aware of their surroundings a winner. Here are your scanner reports.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- 415 At the Front desk Sand Piper Lodge 3525 State street
- Medical emergency in a vehicle at Conserve Fuel 160 South La Cumbre Fire department requested SBPD as they had to force entry into the vehicle to get to the patient.
- Probation check 1400 Block of Garden street.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- 415 Subject at the Walnut Shell on Hollister.
- Audible alarm 1300 Block of West Valerio.
- Jack in the Box on Hollister subject driving an old gold Suburban yelling racial slurs at the female at the bus stop because it makes him feel like a real man.
- Check the Welfare of a subject sitting in a vehicle a white Toyota who appears to be Under the Influence in the 600 Block of West Cota.
- Campers in the Cacique and Milpas UNDERPANTS. Someone keeps calling the police on these campers on WEDnesday one of the people the police ran for wants and warrants had a couple warrants and one of them was a felony warrant.
- Burglary at the Hitching Post on Highway 246.
- Campers near REI.
- Vandalism near Hollister and Pointe.
- 415 Mother Daughter on North Alisos.
- 600 Block of State street Four Transients are yelling at their Dogs.
- Audible alarm 2000 Block of Garden street.
- 415 Argument over a car door opening up and hitting the vehicle next to it at 5 Points Chopping Center in the 3900 Block of State street.
- Suspicious subject digging in a Dumpster for items possible former tenant 805 West Pedregosa.
- 415 Subject disturbing inside Bank of America at 834 State street.
- Med call for a knee laceration in the MTD Bus circle 1020 Chapala.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down in the grass at 301 East Yanonali.
- Subjects drinking beer in Bohnett Park.
- Pershing Park Tennis Courts Transient harassing juveniles.
- Check the Welfare of a juvenile left in a vehicle in the 300 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Suicidal subject at PATH 816 Cacique.
- Fall Victim head injury 45 East Alamar shoved by another patient.
- Several vehicles double p[arked at East Side Park 200 North Soledad.
- Threats investigation on West Victoria
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- SBPD Officer at Lazy Acres on the Mesa.
- 415pc Transients preventing Parks workers from cleaning the bathroom at Pershing Park 22 Castillo street.
- Possible structure fire UCSN 535 N. Hall.
- 1000 Block of Cacique subjects blocking the sidewalk.
- Injury traffic accident Vehicle vs Motorcycle San Andres at Carrillo.
- 242pc Cottage Hospital subject was combative with Cottage security and had to be pepper sprayed code 2 Medics responded and transported the subject to the hospital for Medical clearance then off to jail.
- 242 Assault investigation in the Lobby of the police station occurred on Cliff Drive.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- Suicidal Subject on State street upper missed address but his home is on the East Side SBPD went on a search for him and actually caught up with him on the West Side CARES was called.
- Suspicious subject at Fiesta 5 Theatres taking pictures of patrons HMA in his 40's wearing a ball cap and a brown checkered shirt.
- Live Wires down 700 Block of North Glen Annie Transformer smoking too.
- Premises check 800 Block of Clifford.
- 2000 Block of Oak Ave at the tracks premises check.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation at the police station.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle lower Shoreline Park 1200 Block of Shoreline.
- 415 Domestic 132 Harbor Way HMA yelling at an Asian female in a white Toyota 4-Door SUV.
- 211 Silent alarm no rubbery in the 100 Block of North Milpas.
- 273.5 Domestic Violence Starbucks La Cumbre suspect left scene in victims vehicle after slamming her head into the concrete several times he was identified by witnesses and is spending some time in jail.
- 415 GrandSon throwing things yelling at his Grandparents in the 1400 Block of Pitos.
I was watching this suspicious person earlier in the parking lot next door to me totally looking in peoples cars ready to call her in but she decided not to go for it It's always Good to be Aware of our Surroundings. Will Dat is all outta me for now Have a Wonderful Weekend... Peter, Belinda, Pooh Bear, Angel Baby, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Isabelle, Jerry,Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger
Feb 09, 2019 09:28 AM
James' sister will be visiting here next week. I'll show her your list of people you memorialize. I think she will be happy he's remembered. Thanks for that.
Feb 09, 2019 11:08 AM
Really fine opening essay, Roger. Thanks for being you, and for letting your readers know you.