Scanner Reports 2-5-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
My observation for today, blaming generations before for the faults of our society. That is what we do and it has gone on for generations. I was born 6 years before the end of the Baby Boom generation, I remember when I was a kid, my grandparents, and parents always said us youngsters were spoiled and had no idea what it was like to suffer. After all, they wore cardboard in their shoes and had to climb Mt. Everest to get to and from school. They had very little to eat if anything at all during the Depression and for years afterward I have no doubt they had it hard, but I think every generation has it hard to one extent or another. A hundred years from now as a few more generations pass whatever the generation is called, in 2118 they are going to be referred to as entitled and narcissistic as the millennials are today. I know people who are Millennials who are very hard workers. I have a Neice who was born in 1983 and she is one of the most independent people I know. If I had my choice of generations to be born in I'd be right where I am as I have experienced some wonderous things in my life and I would not trade them for anything.
At 10 years of age I was one of many people in a crowd of people to greet Robert Kennedy when he came to our hometown while rushing to get a closer look at him, or maybe possibly shake his hand. I was somehow lifted up and I landed on the trunk of the red convertible he was riding in. The motorcade stopped and I was grabbed by the Secret Service and Robert Kennedy said: "Why it's only a boy let him go." I could not speak as I looked into the eyes of America's Hope. Robert Kennedy smiled at me held my shoulder and shook my hand. The best thing my Mother told me, I never had to take a bath again. Not too long after America's Hope died with a bullet wound to the head in Los Angeles, California. As a 10-year-old kid I was devastated. I did not always have rough times on the road hitchhiking for the bad experiences I had there were a hundred others that were gold I met many wonderful people when I was on the road as a teen ager. People who took me in fed me helped me they came from all walks of life Truck drivers, Bikers, Hippies, Police Officers, even a FBI Agent. In 1980 when I came to California I got to meet Caesar Chavez as my Uncle was one of his Attorneys.
My grandparents were great, I guess they came from the first generation. My grandfather was born in 1900, and grandmother 1908 they were 2 of the most unjudgemental people out of everyone I ever met, the greatest. I am very grateful they were in my life though there have been a lot of assholes in my generation. I was born right where I'm supposed to be, besides we have the best music. I remember my generation as children and now as grandparents the reason why I did not have many friends on Facebook a lot of children in their 30's and 40's and their children found out their grandparents are not the Saints they make themselves out to be I am proud that I helped the Millennials, and generation Zers discover who their grandparents really are part of my payback for being picked on as a kid. When we speak of generations the ones who come next are the most spoiled as life supposedly gets easier with technology though kids still have to perform the same tasks we did as children Take out the garbage, rake the yard, mow the lawn, shovel the snow, technology has not conquered labor as of yet of course the Cost of Living on some allowances has passed up the miniman wage a few times. To blame the generation before ours is part of the continued ignorance of our society it's old garbage that needs to be tossed out people should be looked at as individuals from the oldest to the youngest and not judged by age as we all our only products of our parents behavior.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Medical call 1820 Fall victim traumatic injury.
- Check the Welfare of a man in his underwear 5800 Block of Calle Real according to the reporting party he is having a rough time.
- Medical call unconscious subject in a red sports car Depot at Main Santa Maria.
- Drunk driver highway 246 at Industrial 4-Door SUV Ford 2010.
- Unknown object smoldering on the side of the road Eastbound highway 166 at Jeoioja Road, could it be a job for the X Files?
- Fall victim on the Beach on Del Playa unknown if they fell from the cliff onto the beach or fell down while walking on the beach Sands beach access.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle 700 Block of DLV.
- Keep the peace on Sycamore.
- Medical call for a subject coughing up blood 1000 Block of State street.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down near the railroad tracks near Patterson off highway 101.
- Vehicle accident 4800 Block of South Bradley vehicle in bushes driver slumped over the wheel in a black Hyundai.
- 23103 Reckless driver 415 Road Rage WMA in a white Jeep highway 101 off ramp at Mission street.
- Someone was Pitchforked 2000 Block of Highway 154 victim treated and released Santa Ynez Cottage concerning a 415 between two males unknown if the suspect was taken into custody but it did not sound like an accident.
- Check the welfare of residents in the 600 Block of West Cota their dog has been barking for several days.
- Traffic accident Garden and Pedregosa.
- Woman found deceased in a parking lot Samsum Urgent Care 215Pesetass Lane, rest in peace.
- Vehicle accident highway 101 at Cat Canyon.
- Report of a possible shot fired from a vehicle at Figueroa and Chapala a white Infinity SUV with 3 subjects inside one reporting party.
- Tennant playing loud music in the 500 Block of Bath.
- Milpas and Haley 242 Assault or Battery or both.
- Elevator rescue Victoria court one soul on board 1221 State street.
- Blood found on ground suspicious circumstances possible gang incident 300 Block of South Salinas one victim showed up at Cottage hospital unknown if there was more.
- Bella Vista toward Carpinteria a woman reported seeing a bright orange flashing light in the mountains.
- Male in the street throwing his shoes, sounds like he is having a shoe fit.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Trespasser in a swimming pool 200 Block of Castillo WMA 45 long blond hair Larry is refusing to leave the pool area.
- SBSO was on a subject 400 Block of Hot Springs.
- 10851 Stolen golf cart found in the 500 Block of Castillo.
- 20001 Felony hit and run did not hear the location but possibly first Block of South Milpas vehicle involved 2010 Toyota Corolla registered to an address in Montecito.
- Code 40, Drunk down First Block of South Milpas.
- Kitchen fire in a restaurant 3900 Block of State street Saigon restaurant.
- Brother shot his Brother 600 Block of Polk street in Santa Maria.
- Large Homeless Camp reported near Santa Barbara Shores.
- Subject driving a dark green Toyota and Smoking WEED West Bound on Constance past DLV.
- Wires down 300 Block of West DLG.
- Medical call fall victim 3880 Via Lucero.
- Medical call unknown type County Jail.
- A subject with Issues with Shoplifting ripped off a bottle of wine from the IV Coop in IV.-
- Head injury Westmont College.
- Check the welfare of a man down 500 Block of West Mission.
- 415 Fight near Bishop Diego High School 2 males.
- SBPD pulled over a bicyclist 300 Block of South Milpas
- Male in a house on Soledad shinning a flashlight on a Father and his children outside.
- Smoke investigation possibly a BBQ pit on Lou Dillion.
- Check the Welfare of a child screaming in a residence in the 100 Block of West Calle Crespis.
- Wanted subject in the In and Out parking lot in Goleta on Calle Real.
- Drunk driver parked his vehicle and walked away a white BMW SUV in the 100 Block of East Haley, Thank You.
- Team 4 Montecito Patrol was on 2 Subjects in the 600 Block of Albaca, not sure if that is spelled right.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- On a subject East Valley and Hot Springs.
- Child Custody exchange became a disagreement 415/ 1600 Block of DLV.
- 4600 Block of Buena Vista attempt burglary to a vehicle.
- Attempt theft of gas from a vehicle 400 Block of Terrace Road white van with white male suspect last seen toward Cliff Drive.
- 20002 Non-injury hit and run vehicle vs bicyclist both kept going vehicle a dark-colored Mazda last seen toward La Mesa Park.
- Check the Welfare of a woman who's son was acting violent in the 3700 Block of Capri Drive a service man who was at the home doing work witnessed the son who is 5150 slamming things around and kicking doors. He was concerned for the woman's safety.
- 242 Assault and 594 Vandalism investigation suspect on scene in Cottage Hospitals Psyche ward.
- 374 Subject openly going to the bathroom Pet Smart 222 North Milpas caught by employee of Pet Smart then started exposing himself.
- 10851 Vehicle theft 4200 Block of La Guardia.
- 488pc Grand Theft 5000 Block of Rhoads Ave.
- Subject ran for warrants totaling 55,000.00 West to jail in Santa Barbara did not hear exact location soy burgers for lunch.
- Man down inside a residence in the 400 Block of West Guiterrez was dead, rest in peace.
- Burglary on Padaro Lane 3200 Block subject in custody.
- 245 With a screwdriver numerous reporting parties DLV at Carrillo.
- Gas odor inside a residence in the 4000 Block of Via Diego.
- Not sure I heard this right but sounded like a 3 year old tested positive for meth at Santa Ynez Cottage hospital.
- Bicyclist down Mora Mesa at Puente
- Camper in front of 214 State street with a shopping cart for the past week.
- SBPD on a subject 1200 Block of State street.
- Possible 602 Trespassing in the 800 Block of Ashley.
- Check the Welfare of a subject laying on the sidewalk near Albertsons at Pacific Oaks and Hollister.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Great MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin, Clancy, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Marty, Cop John, Ben, Ricky, David Cox, Poe, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger