Scanner Reports 2-4-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I woke up SUNday morning and after doing the morning Wake Up: 2 pills, heat up the tea, feed the Joey, I sit down and check out Edhat, Facebook etc. I get on Facebook and see something about Tornado warnings overnight. Well I don't have an iPhone nor the alert systems notifying me of Impending Doom, I guess in my case it is better that I'm asleep. I was having some nice dreams too, if a tornado hit when I was asleep and I found myself flying through the air in a tornado I would think it was all part of the dream anyway. If I ate it I must be having a nightmare anyway at least I would be relaxed during the disaster and that is a part of surviving any disaster stay calm, (if you can).
Folks were concerned about the warnings and where this possible tornado was. Probably the best warning is the sound of a Tornado, it sounds like a freight train if it's getting louder and louder it's time to get into the basement if you have one, if not go into the bathroom and get into the bathtub. If you are out in the open with nowhere to go lay flat on the ground as flush to the ground as you can possibly get. What I have always loved about Santa Barbara is there are no tornadoes, we have waterspouts which are usually out on the water, sometimes they make land but don't do much damage. Where I come from tornados can be more destructive, I have been in a couple though they were not terribly bad they were quite unnerving. I was sitting on my Grandparents porch one day waiting for them to come home as they needed me to do some yard work. It was a hot day I was sitting on the porch drinking a beer and smoking a Marlboro when I heard a freight train coming down the track they lived about 200 feet from the Monon railroad tracks. So I looked over waiting for the train to go by but there was none, suddenly the sky went black. I looked in the other direction in front of me a couple hundred feet was a Twister! I left my Beer went running along the side of their house toward the back garage but it was getting close. I got to their back door when the wind hit me I punched out the glass in their door unlocked in got in just in time heading for the basement. One second it was there and the next it was gone, I cut my wrist on the glass and blood went all over the place. My grandparents got home was the Medics were taping up my wrist they got mad at me for breaking in but at least I did not go to Kansas that day.. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 700 Block of Union subject looking at reporting parties home through bushes then following her son to the bus stop.
- Campers at Cacique and Milpas. in the UNDERPANTS.
- Stolen vehicle 100 Block of North La Cumbre.
- 6600 Block of Picasso graffiti.
- Vehicle vs bicyclist at DPHS.
- Burglary 1000 Block of Chapala.
- Tangle Wood Market robbed by a WMA in his 20's holding a black object.
- Fall victim head injury Samarkand
- Threats investigation at the Athletic Club 520 Castillo.
- Premises check Urban Outfitters.
- Suicide attempt on the East Side.
- 459 Burglary First Block of West Anapamu.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run driver possibly drunk at Elings Park
- Audible alarm and open door 100 Block of East Haley.
- Child Welfare standing by requesting police in the 900 Block of San Pascual to check the welfare of a child.
- Exposed signal light wiring Santa Barbara and Carillo streets after a city involved traffic accident damaged the signal.
- 1600 Block of Eucalyptus Drive drunk and possibly DUI Driver in a silver Saturn.
- Suicidal subject Motel 6 5500 Block of Carpinteria Ave in a room.
- Suspicious subject possibly 242ed struck 2 women in the 900 Block of State street BMA last seen Northbound on State street.
- 415 Domestic over Child Custody in the 1400 Block of San Andres.
- Burglary investigation 600 Block of East Cota.
- 10851 Stolen auto recovery in the 3800 Block of State street in a parking lot.
- Nopal at DLG Deceased male found in his truck.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Premises check City Lot 10.
- Search and Rescue 10-8 in service in Montecito Area with 3 Subjects.
- North Bound Los Carneros tree down blocking roadway.
- Power lines down Ballard Canyon 400 Block.
- Med call subject on a bus bench in front of Trinty Church 1500 Block of State street.
- Tree down on power lines Calle Real at Brandon.
- 415 Domestic 6600 Block of Camino Del Sur.
- Traumatic injury med call back of the county jail 4436 Calle Real.
- Sagunto at Edison Dumpster rolling down the road.
- Trees down Hollister at Los Carneros.
- Road Way flooding Cathedral Oaks at Camino Del Retiro.
- Open Door 805 Deli 135 East Carrillo.
- APS at Arguello Road Sink Hole.
- Suspicious circumstances a female went in Ross Dress for Less told an employee she was robbed then ran out of the store 3900 Block of State street.
- Open Mike SBSO Channel that was interesting.
- Subject Electrocuted at Rancho Oso in the 3700 Block of Paradise Road.
- 415 Domestic family 200 Block of East Cota.
- Tree down 400 Block of North Glen Annie.
- Tree down blocking a roadway 5000 Block of Cathedral Oaks.
- Vehicle went around barricade stuck in the Carrillo UNDERPANTS Better hope they don't flush
- Battery investigation occurred in the 800 Block of State street victim at home.
- Indecent Exposure 400 Block of Corona Del Mar.
- 415 Fight 2 males behind the Canary Hotel First Block of West Carrillo.
- Suspected drunk driver walks away from accident Highway 101 Northbound at Mission offramp left his Dodge Ram
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- 1200 Block of State street Smoking violation.
- 415 Domestic Grandson refusing to leave 1400 Block of Pitos.
- On Calaveres a male was inside the reporting parties fence talking to himself WMA wearing a white tee shirt heavy set in his 50's last seen Southbound.
- 415 Neighbors in the 3400 Block of Sea Ledge Lane not getting a Bong.
- Overdose State street at Haley or in City parking lot 11.
- 242 Assault By shoving reporting party and spitting on them in the 4600 Block of Bradley.
- 415 Male yelling in the 300 Block of West Mason.
- Med Call Mission Terrace 600 Block of West Juinipero.
- Water in the road In passable 900 Block of Buena Vista in Montecito, Hazard investigation.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run at the AM-PM on Casitas Pass.
- 273.5 Domestic violence 800 Block of Olive female, choked transported to Cottage code 2.
- Hazard investigation 4800 Block of Carpinteria ave in Carpinteria for oil running down the gutter then the call was cancelled because the substance was thought to be something else.
- Sink Hole West Islay at Castillo.
- 415 Subject yelling and throwing glass in the 700 Block of State street possibly behind the business.
- 4000 Block of Primavera Structure Fire call smoke in the home residents went outside but left dog in the house the smoke turned out to be FOOD ON THE STOVE. The dog was OK.
- 415 Possible fight call inside a residence in the 400 Block of Anacapa.
- Med Call 24 Hour Fitness in the 800 Block of State street.
- 415 Subject disturbing in the 300 Block of North Milpas.
- Check the Welfare of a man down in the 1100 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Subject disturbing in the 1300 Block of State .
- 415 Subject disturbing inside Starbucks and stealing peoples food 1200 Block of State street.
- Suicidal Subject threatening to jump off a cliff in the 1200 Block of Shoreline.
Will That is all outta me for now Have a great MONday-MONday.....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Thomicina, Tiger, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Shadow, FREDDIE! Fish Head One and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Willie, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will pee you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger
Feb 04, 2019 01:26 PM
Sounds scary, Roger, having a tornado headed your way. I lived in Hawaii (Big Island) for a year. A tourist in a waterfront restaurant looking over ay the ocean said, "If I was back home (mid-west) I'd say that is a tornado coming. It was, came on land and did a bit of damage.
Feb 04, 2019 04:24 PM
You never know where those damn things are going to hit.