Scanner Reports 2-28-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Wow, what a day on WEDnesday, it was very busy in town for the police late into the evening. It seems like they are bombarded with constant calls from morning till evening while I listen. Anyway, I do take breaks to take care of myself, go shopping, etc. People say the police never do anything, they are always sitting on their asses in their police cars, or riding their bicycles, having a good time, yea with a 40 pound Sam Browne belt stuffed with equipment on their belts wearing a vest in the hot sun riding bicycles in Santa Barbara Traffic. Fun. Some people should apply for the job if they think it's fun. There was a time when I wanted to be a cop but I'm crazy they did not want to hire me not even in probation, they said I had to get off probation first. Oh well, now that I'm old I'm glad they would not hire me, they were right. I had a real bad temper when I was younger and I probably would have done something really stupid and would have had to be Hog Tied Sober. The only answer I have for the hostilities all of us have been experiencing in Santa Barbara for a long time now is The Guardian Angels, I think they can help. The police are busy, there are some days when fewer things are going on but most days there are things going on. I have made other suggestions as others have but the city has its own way of dealing with the things that go on here and yes many times the Messenger Is Blamed. I am running for Devil in 2020 November the 3rd please vote Roger Dodger for Devil of Santa Barbara County HERE IS YOUR SCANNER REPORTS.
Scanner Reports, Wednesday:
- Medical call for a subject having a seizure in an Uber Vehicle the passenger Canon Perdido and Laguna
- Med Call 400 Block of East Cota
- Burglary to a Laundry Room in the 2000 Block of Bath street
- Premises check in the field Nopolitos at Carpinteria
- AMR had an Open Mike and their dispatcher said: "You're having a real personal conversation." Not too long after that they realized it and fixed the radio too bad it was getting really good too.
- A subject looking into vehicle windows 1100 Block of CVR / BMA grey Hoodie, 6'2, Walking East Bound.
- Laundry Room 459pc Burglary 2000 Block of Oak Avenue.
- Med Call 1900 Block of Robbins.
- Check the Welfare of a male passed out in a wheelchair State street at DLV.
- Medical call for an injured Hiker 2100 Block of Stanwood Parma Park
- SBSO Was looking for a Suicidal subject from Lompoc all day into the evening not sure if he was found but his vehicle was located in the city of Santa Barbara in the evening.
- Odor of gas 1000 Block of North Fairview I wonder how it got all the way over there?
- Vegetarian Fire highway 135 at Harris Grade
- 415pc Transient yelling at customers at a gym in the 800 Block of East Haley street.
- Probation check 500 Block of North Milpas street
- Med Call 3000 Block of DLV SBPD on scene
- Probation check 700 Block of Spring street
- Fire Alarms, no fire 400 Block of West Pueblo
- Probation Check 101 Block of Wilson Avenue.
- Male seen with 2 Bicycles called in as suspicious 100 Block of West Cabrillo.
- Yanonali at Calle Caesar Chavez subject down check his welfare.
- 459pc Burglary investigation on San Julien missed address or 100 Block
- Unknown type medical Haley at DLV, Male bleeding.
- Medical call on the water line East of Stearns Wharf.
- 415pc Fight involving group of transients in the 700 Block of State street and a family they attacked
- Med Call 1700 Block of Clearview Road.
- 415pc Between Hotel Staff on West Cabrillo involving Casa Del Mar, and Hotel Milo
- Suspicious subject carrying a sword on SBCC Property then down on Pershing park not Brandishing just carrying it HMA.
- Stolen Vehicle spotted Downtown followed by the Owner and Santa Barbara Police pulled over Felony Stop at Garden and Gutierrez streets 2 Arrested
- Bed Time for RogZO...415pc in the 400 Block of East Ortega male calls 911 to report that he has Assaulted numerous subjects at Transition House but in reality he was screaming yelling and throwing things. Numerous police officers responded to help calm him down he was under the influence of drugs. Code 3 Fire Department and Medics responded also..
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Semi was Blocking the entire intersection of Hollister and Storke ThursDAY Morning, Traffic Hazard.
- There was a Vegetation Fire off Highway 101 near the Rail Road Tracks Thursday morning it was somehow started in a Homeless encampment, Typical.
- Domestic Dispute with the male Husband threatening to kill himself 800 Block of East Cota.
- Highway 101 Northbound at Padaro a 3 Vehicle accident.
- Medical Call First Block of Loma Media.
- Non injury traffic accident on West Cota, 300 Block
- Structure Fire Response for smoke inside a residence in the 200 or 300 Block of Moreton Bay Lane
- Fall victim head injury Figueroa at Anacapa.
- Medical Call and or check the welfare call for a male down in the brush next to a dark blue Ford Ranger pick up truck Highway 101 Southbound North of Glen Annie.
- Vehicle Fire Black Road at Stowell Road Santa Maria
- 415pc Elderly female possibly kicked out of her home in the 200 Block of South Canada.
- Theft investigation at La Cumbre Junior High.
- Elder Abuse investigation 1000 Block of Cliff Drive
- Check the Welfare of an elderly female at the computers at the East Side Library as she might have a medical issue.
- 415 Domestic Castillo at Mission male tried to choke female the male is now out of the vehicle and sitting on the car SBPD responding.
- Cal Trans Camp Clean Up Highway 101 Southbound at Hot Springs requested police presence.
- 415pc Transient in the 400 Block of North Milpas street.
- 242pc Assault on Stearns Wharf suspect left in a light blue car part ca plate 4ACV??? Suspect HMA with a BFA passenger.
- 415pc Transient yelling and banging on a window 19 East Haley WFA.
- Suicidal female in the Court House Tower in the 1100 Block of Anacapa SBPD talked to her and she was transported code 2 by AMR to Cottage Hospital
I got bad news overload the past couple of days and I'm real angry that the two thugs that jumped the elderly couple downtown are already out of jail. What the Hell are people supposed to do if they are attacked stand there and take it? I guess we will get arrested if we protect ourselves so we better just let these poor lost souls use us as punching bags or else the ACLU will come after us. I was a punching bag in my young life till I found alcohol and things changed I became Popeye then not a good Popeye though. It is heard by my opinion that we need the Guardian Angels in Santa Barbara they are trained professionals who will Keep the Peace, the city has Ambassadors that walk the streets and that is fine, The City has a Police Department and they do their job but they are not always visible to trouble. I think the Guardian Angels can help in several areas of the city. Down Town, Milpas Street, Cottage Hospital Area, Beach Front, 3000 Block of State street 5 Points, La Cumbre Plaza, Modoc, West Side and East Side I think if they are seen around town that there will be a lower crime rate just my opinion and it's Free and if you ask me a year from now, and we still have problems and I think we will I'll say it again Santa Barbara needs the Guardian Angels.
Will that is all out of me for now Have a Great Weekend...Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Clancy, Tiger, Tiny, Andy, FISH HEADS ONE AND TWO, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry as in Garcia,Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO as in Newhouse!, Patrick, Christy. Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Pat, Mavis, Mark, Willie, Mrs MacArthur, Auntie Helen,Lafayette, Ted, Bengie, Ricky, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Father Zimmerman, Joseph, Roger, Magruder, Don, Edwin,Cory Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock. Mickey Mantle, John Havlick, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday.