Scanner Reports 2-27-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I asked a good friend of mine the other day if he was the person calling the police on the campers in the Cacique and Milpas street Underpasses. At least a half dozen times a day, police are responding to both places to illegal camping calls. He answered No, and then he told me where those calls were coming from while pointing East of the Cacique street underpass. The East Side is calling the police on the illegal campers in the underpasses, they are sick and tired of having to cross the street because the sidewalk is blocked of campers and their property among other poop and pee. He also told me the Mayor showed up about a week and a half ago to check on the situation, he told me that he told her how to solve the problem but she said that his idea was too difficult and expensive. His idea is to move the Homeless Shelter near a Sheriffs Substation because no one wants to hang out near the police department, according to him this neighborhood is just too inviting. There's the Homeless Shelter that has rules keeping many homeless folks out, so where do they go? He pointed South: there's the beach, two liquor stores, the Underpasses, and the weather isn't too bad either. On top of that they don't have to work, they make bank panhandling. He told me as others have that most of the people who are homeless are not from Santa Barbara, they are from other places and are put on buses to Santa Barbara because of the Homeless shelter on Cacique street.
I guess some people still believe that the Winter Shelter is still open. I checked one website I found by Googling Homeless Shelters in Santa Barbara, it said the Shelter has 200 beds available between December the first and March the 31st. It is my understanding that the Winter Shelter no longer exists but the website states that it does. Casa Esperanza aka PATH also has rules now you have to be sober to stay there, not any homeless person can stay there so these Folks get shipped here thinking they are going to have a place to stay and there is no place for them to stay. Sometimes I hear calls on the Scanner of homeless subjects refusing to leave the Cacique street shelter, that is what I have called it since the beginning. Not Casa Esperanza, or PATH though they are all the same place. Santa Barbara has 4 Homeless Shelters besides the one in the 800 Block of Cacique. There is Transition House, the Rescue Mission, and the Salvation Army. It's interesting that Homeless shelters start out as Homeless shelters then, later on, become Sober living programs with restrictions against taking in those who drink alcohol or use drugs, that basically wipes out most of the Homeless Community as many Folks on the street don't want to be Clean or Sober.
It is what it is so now I know who is calling the police on the Homeless Folks in the Underpasses, The East Side. Here I thought it was one or two people at the most, I guess if it was one or two people the Mayor would not show up. My friend also said That There will always be Homeless people there is no Cure for Homelessness some people prefer living outdoors. I have known that pretty much all my life knowing that all these shelters saying they are going to cure homelessness are actually keeping some people in, bread and butter, Homelessness is a Business. Some of the starting wages to work in some of these places are pretty good. That's my MILPAS UNDERPANTS and I'm sticking to them.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- North Bound Garden Street Off-Ramp Premises Check.
- Calle Caesar Chavez Underpass Campers Blocking the Sidewalk.
- Smoke Investigation from the Micheltorena over crossing possibly on Dutton Street Engine One Responded and discovered it was a BBQ.
- Suspicious Damaged Vehicle 1100 Block of Oak Noll Road.
- SBPD Officer on 3 Subjects at Little Caesars Parking Lot 21 North Milpas.
- SBSO with 4 Subjects on Airport property on Betteravia.
- 911 Call then Hang Up from PATH 816 Cacique.
- 415 Female yelling for help at Ortega Park another couple were chasing her around.
- 415 Theft of a cell phone also at Ortega Park.
- 261pc Rape Investigation Santa Barbara City East Side.
- Premises checks Milpas and Cacique Street Underpasses Illegal Campers.
- Bicycle accident by a man drunk on a bicycle on Shoreline near Loma Alta.
- SBPD on subjects 600 North Milpas street.
- Med Call Alcohol Poisoning 15 East Haley 3rd floor Residence.
- SBPD to cover the SBSO on a call in the 2000 Block of Bath street.
- 415 Transient exposing himself.
- Campers Cacique Street Underpass 1000 Block of Cacique.
- Suspicious subject using a stolen gift card at Modern Nail in the 3600 Block of State street they got arrested. Card was in a purse stolen from a grocery store in the 3700 Block of State street a week ago.
- 23103 3 Cars racing West Bound on Cabrillo from Garden Street almost nailed a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
- 415 Domestic Nopal at Montecito Streets.
- Possible Overdose Garden Court 1100 Block of De La Vina.
- Suspicious Subject checking vehicle doors BMA with a grocery cart 1900 Block of De La Vina.
- 415 Neighbors who need a Bong in the 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Female blocking intersection Micheltorena at Santa Barbara streets wrapped in a blanket.
- Dumpster Fire 5800 Block of Calle Real.
- Med call fall victim in the 1000 Block of Coast Village Road.
- 9th at Linden Male struck in the Public Bathroom Film at 11
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Theft investigation 400 Block of North Quarantina.
- Premises check for a man yelling in the basement of parking lot 6 South West Corner.
- Blood on the Sidewalk a 5x3 foot trail of Blood at 11 West Victoria Unknown circumstances.
- Premise Check Ortega Park.
- Somewhere in the North County a man is looking for a home for his dog before he commits suicide. All I heard All I know is it's an SBSO Call.
- 415 RoomMates in the 3900 Block of Via Lucero.
- SBPD Officer on a detail at SBHS.
- Unwanted subject that someone thought was wanted so the police responded and they let him go in the 1200 Block of State.
- Quarantina and Haley looking in vehicles BMA with a grocery cart looking into vehicles trying doors Suspicious subject.
- Non injury traffic accident Calle Morales at DLV.
- Bag of ammo at the front desk SBSO being turned in.
- Subject who threw a cup of water on employees of another business in the 1200 Block of State street is in McDonalds.
- On a Subject in the 100 Block of South Milpas, SBPD.
- Man who had his pants down earlier in the 900 Block of State street was now yelling.
- SBPD on a subject 800 Block of State street.
- Premises check 500 Block of West Arrellaga.
- A couple officers on Footsie Patrol in the 1100 Block and 1200 Blocks of State street.
- Premises check behind the 3600 Block of State street.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina,, Tom Cat, Midnight, Merlin, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One and Two.- Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengi, Ricky, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory,Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO. John Hancock.- Mickey Mantle, Ernie, Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday.- Later, Roger