Scanner Reports 2-20-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
This cold air is playing hell on my hands chapping the crap out of them, as my skin ages and thins out along with everything else. I really hate that about this time of year, that cold wind that cuts through everything it seems. I was thinking about an old friend of mine who has recently subscribed to Edhat and comments regularly now. When I was working I never could hold on to a job for long but always somehow managed to get another job right away. He told me one day he was watching the Jerry Springer Show, there was a guy on there had over 400 jobs in his lifetime, "He has NOTHING on you." My friend says and that's true though. I could not hold on to a job very long. I was always working, if I had to scrub a commode for a buck I was always working.
I worked so many places in Santa Barbara, and Goleta through the years some places I never went back to pick up my check because I felt bad for quitting. A couple I got hurt at too and was out of commission for some time. One thing I only did a couple times in my life Panhandle. I think most panhandlers have more money than me and I really kinda dislike them. Some people call panhandling a job and I don't think it's a job. Sitting on their asses begging for money. I have known many who have done it, still do it, and they all say "It's a job." It's one thing if you have to do it. If you're a kid living on the streets. When I was a kid living on the streets a lot of people gave me money and food without asking. There are a lot of good people still left in America no matter which side they are on that still believe in helping a kid. I only panhandled once when I was a kid once. I got $5.00 in Chicago asking a man for spare change back in the 70's. I always asked for work, got very little as I was too young to work. One time I unloaded a truck of drywall for $2, that was enough for a pack of smokes, a couple cans of beans, pasta, a loaf of bread, in the day. Sometimes the only work adults were willing to pay for when I was a kid was for sex and I never went down that road. Though I knew some that did, I thought and still do adults that have sex with children ought to be taken behind the barn and shot.
When I first got to Santa Barbara there was the Wall at the Employment office when you were willing to work you showed up there and people would come by that needed someone to pull weeds, or dig holes, ditches, shovel poop whatever and you could score, $50 on a good day or more, 50 was good enough for me. I'd go back home to the Fig Tree and feed the panhandlers. I paid for my friends. I don't know how many of these guys who are out there work and not panhandle but it does not seems like that many with all the calls I hear: aggressive panhandlers, Drunks starting fights yelling at Folks, and stealing from stores. Does everyone just panhandle or does anyone work? Can you still pay a day laborer wages and he or she will be happy at the end of the day or do they want to move into your house too? The calls I hear on State street remind me of the movie The Goonies old movie from back in the 80's where these little animals take over and raise hell all over the place The Goonies in case some of you want to see it. Anyway Hair is Your Scanner Reports...
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Campers Cacique Underpass, and Lot 10/600 Block of Anacapa, DownTown.
- Suspicious subject female on the GreyHound coming to Santa Barbara From Oxnard with 2 Ankle Bracelets.
- Premises check McKenzie Park.
- Med Call at Mc Kenzie Park code 2 Medics.
- 200 South Milpas on a bicyclist actually pulled over at Tri-County Produce, SBPD.
- 415 Transient 29 North Milpas.
- 459 Burglary to a vehicle at Dennys 3614 State street.-
- Check the Welfare of a male down center median DLV at State street.
- Suspicious Subject who might have taken reporting parties wallet 3 Days ago seen in the 1000 Block of Coast Village Road.
- Burglary to a vehicle 800 Block of Cliff Drive.
- State at Guiterrez Man Down.
- Suspicious circumstances 1200 Block of Cacique.
- 415 Argument over a Traffic Cone in the 3400 Block of State street.
- 415 Subject harassing neighbors in the 1200 Block of San Andres.
- Indecent exposure 900 Block of Del Norte an ugly male exposed himself to a female he was driving a black SUV.
- 314 pc Indecent Exposure Smart and Final 217 East Guiterrez, offenders no longer there.
- Broken Water Main in Carpinteria did not hear address.
- Tree Down blocking a lane Ortega Hill Road.
- Subject Down near the street DLV at Carrillo.
- 242 Assault a Transient hit the clerk at 7-11 Near Patterson and Hollister.
- 415 Domestic 500 Block of West Guiterrez.
- 415 Female at Whiskey Richards yelling at the door, employee.
- Med Call, PATH.
- Check the welfare of someone in the common area of Nomad Trailer Park drinking and crying.
- 594 Investigation Vandalism at the Harbor View Inn 28 West Cabrillo.
- Oak Cottages someone with a head laceration 1820 De La Vina.
- Burglary to a garage 300 Block of East Micheltorena.
- Beer Run 7-11 5810 Hollister
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Audible Alarm Riveria Bank 1000 Block of Anacapa.
- Med call subject with a head injury Nopal at Cota streets.
- 484 Theft of cab fare subject cannot pay at the Town and Country Motel 2800 Block of State street.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- 242 Assault Daughter hit her Mother in the 3000 Block of Las Positas.
- 23152 Drunk Driver Neilsons Market on Alamo Pintado driving in the parking lot Vehicle crashed into parked vehicles.
- SBSO Officer on a detail at Franklin School.
- Broken waterline Garden at Los Olivos.
- 415 Transient yelling in the 500 Block of State street.
- Vehicle into a ditch minor injuries 1100-1300 Blocks of Purisima Road near Rucker.
- Med Call, PATH.
- Milpas and Cacique Campers gone on Arrival left their things behind but none of it is blocking.
- Premises check lot 12 First Block of West Guiterrez.
- 2300 Block of Vista near Barker Pass threats investigation one subject threatened to come back and shoot the other no gun was seen argument was over money.
- Possible Stalking female called in at Starbucks in the 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Traffic Stop Cliff at Las Positas on a VW Golf.
- SBSO officer on a detail at SBHS 700 Block of East Anapamu.
- 600 Block of Surf View Drive 415 Domestic.
- 20002 Non injury Hit and Run investigation in the 100 Block of Santa Ynez.
- Code 40, Drunk down in the bushes at RoCo 300 Block of Motor Way.
- 415 Argument over a non injury possible Hit and Run Accident at Shepard Place Apartments in the 1000 Block of Casitas Pass.
With that Big Beautiful Full Moon overhead things might get a little Wild it sure brightens up the sky on a crisp cold night with that Wind howling through the old bones.. Anyway Have a Great WEDnesday... Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Maxwell, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Mavis, Pat, Eddie, Bambi, Ricky, Bengie, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Lafayette, Ted, Willie, Magruder, Edwin, Don, Cory, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger