Scanner Reports 2-14-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Trespassers. I have been hearing about campers sleeping in homeowners, and renters yards for some time now, not just in the front yard but in backyards so they cannot be seen from the street. Many of these campers are mistaken for prowlers, this can be dangerous for all involved. Some campers have been mistaken as prowlers, with the rise in gun ownership and our society as it is today. One can easily get their POOP Blown Away camping in someone's yard. I heard a call just yesterday of a Homeless subject camping in a yard on Bond Ave they were mistaken as a Prowler, the dispatcher broadcasted a prowler then before the police got there she said it was most likely a homeless person not a prowler.
I saw a post on Facebook about campers trespassing in backyards in a nearby community in Ventura county, someone called the police on these campers who set up camp in someone's backyard and the police just told them to leave they were not cited for trespassing or arrested because in order for there to be an arrest signs need to be posted. "No Trespassing." Maybe even one with the info posted 602pc and the definition. I'm not sure how it all works exactly. I'm not an Attorney, nor am I Law Enforcement expert "Just a dumb old smelly fart that doesn't like to see people get hurt, a compassionate liberal that scrapes haters off his shoes..." Yea Go ahead vote that comment down!
I used to sleep in my Sisters yard when I first came to Santa Barbara many years ago, she had roommates I chased them all away. I went to Supply Sargent and bought a canvas dark green tent I'd lay down in the yard and cover myself up with it, it was like camo on the grass unless someone walked right up on me they would never see it. One night I was drunk and passed out in the front yard under my canvas tent covering, a couple came up the walk around 2am I jumped up growling at them like a big monster scaring the Holy Hell out of them, my Sister had told all her friends I was a Gangster that helped add to their fears. I grabbed my tent and took off like a Bat outta Hell scared her room mates so bad like 10 cop cars showed up by the time they got there I had hopped the fence of the telly phone company down the street and was laying low near the parking lot. Anyway if you don't want some big drunk monster scaring the Hell out of you in your backyards look into the Trespassing thing.
Our strange Gardner was here yesterday weeding weeds and old plants cleaning up the sidewalk throwing trash away, she put all the weeds in the blue recycling can. She talks to herself out loud as if she is designing the garden it kinda looks like a bad haircut when she gets done but it's clean, it's giving her something to do. I wonder how many of the residents here think she is our Gardner. It's kinda fun to watch. I feel sorry for the girl, she was on drugs once and she speaks as if she has had a stroke but she is happy that she's doing something.
Living here has made me Happy through the years when my Belinda started to talk about death she said she wanted to spend eternity here because to her it was like Heaven. Her, me, the Kitties, and Neighbors I feel the same way. Someday this place might be gone but a few of us will be left behind some couple will be coming home at 2am me and Belinda will jump up from under the canvas green tent covering and scare the Holy Hell out of them but they won't see us only hear the growling and maybe a fart or two.
Here are your Scanner Reports, MONday-MONday:
- Man down near the Bus Stop 300 Block of South Milpas.
- "Prowler in the Back Yard 700 Block of Bond Avenue." Possible homeless not a prowler.
- 415 Domestic BoyFIEND Pinned his girlfriend in her car then broke a vehicle window. She got away was driving to the police station with him following but he did not follow her all the way there.
- Possible electrical problem in a structure 600 Block of West D.L.G.
- Threats investigation SBCC 700 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Male yelling in the 800 Block of State street walking Southbound with a cast on his foot.
- Electrical Fire on top of a Parking structure lot 22 UCSB 4300 Block of Ocean Road.
- 459 Commercial Burglary Core Power Yoga 1129 State street suite 30.
- Premises check Chase Palm Park 300 Block of East Cabrillo officer was also on a subject on the Rail Road tracks at that location.
- Fire alarms no fire 3300 Block of McCaw in a condo unit.
- 415 Subjects in the lobby of the SBPD being loud.
- Medical call 2600 Block of State street.
- Public assist subject stuck in a wheelchair on Bath street.
- Medical call Hip Pain 3880 Via Lucero.
- Look Out Park Road Homeless camp reported.
- Fire call vehicle spill after an accident 600 Block of West D.L.G.
- Forced blood draw at the SMPD 1111 West Betteravia.
- SBPD on a group at the Santa Cruz market.
- 1900 Block of APS 459 Burglary to a vehicle.
- Suspicious subject trying to set up a company account with Verizon 2980 involving a company she is not involved with.
- Minor injury hit and run 2800 Block of D.L.V.
One year ago today, early in the morning on Valentines Day my Nephew hung himself. I never got to meet him, his middle name was mine. I left home when I was young because I knew if I had stayed there I'd end up in prison or dead, as angry as I was I might have taken others with me. My nephew wanted to come out here but there was no room for him. I'm pretty sure I coulda helped him get work in the restaurant industry, he was in school in Chicago learning to be a chef. Had a full time job flipping burgers for 16 years, he coulda found something. I regret not taking him in and letting him crash on the floor. I let Belinda crash here when she had nowhere to go but I told my nephew there just wasn't much room. He was a drinker like most of my family of liberals, democrats, right-wing patriotic gun owning big mouthed republicans English Welsh Irish Catholic, Mexican, Russian RomaianHungarianGypsy Cherokees all DRUNKS. Funny thing about family they can all be different but they usually stick together except the Suicidal ones who think that everyone would be much better off without them it's not true. Like I said I never met my nephew but it was nice knowing that there was someone in this world named after me and he wasn't a total idiot screw up like his Uncle. I have been a total screw up most of my life I'm not putting myself down everyone has there part in this life that is mine...I never got to meet him here but I have no doubt I will someday beyond this world but that's just me....In Memory of Chris Layba Dec 3rd, 1987- Feb 14th 2017.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Vehicle accident 4 vehicles involved highway 101 Northbound at Los Carneros.
- Vehicle accident highway 101 Southbound South of Storke.-
- Vehicle accident Las Positas at Cliff Drive.
- 415 Homeless subject yelling at Pershing park near the bathrooms and in the Band Stand. I was just talking to a homeless guy on the internet and he got pissed off I wonder if it was him.
- Attempt 10851 County I did not catch the location. I also heard part of a 211 Robbery call in the city but did not hear that location either.
- Maybe it was this guy I pissed off, 415 Homeless subject threw a table in a business in the 800 Block of State street then was stopping people in the crosswalk not letting them cross the street. I piss people off all the time I don't mean to.
- Check the Welfare in traffic that appears blind Anacapa and Haley.
- Theft of food from Starbucks homeless man outside eating the food 800 Block of State street.
- 415 Employee vs employee in two neighboring businesses in the 400 Block of State street.
- Medical call inside of Rite Aide in the 1900 Block of Cliff Drive.
- Vehicle accident over the side highway 135 at Graciosa.
- SBSO Medic stage for what sounded like a Stand Off Glines at Village.
- Reckless driver in a Nissan Garden at Yanonali part plate 4XJM???.
- 415 Domestic in the 1300 Block of Carpinteria Ave in Santa Barbara.
- Theft investigation 200 Block of West Valerio.
- Drunk man in traffic 3940 State street.
- 459 Burglary in the 700 Block of Laguna
- Threats investigation 1100 Block of Punta Gorda.
- 415 Domestic in the 400 Block of North Milpas male trying to hit a female.
- Subject possibly brandished a gun at a female and walked away Bath and Haley.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Great WEDnesday....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Midnight, Merlin,Thomisina, Clancy, Fish Head One, Poncho, Jerry, Jonathan, C.J. Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Carl, Kent, Stan, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Poe, Bommy, Poppy, Bengy, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty and Chris willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger