Scanner Reports 2-12-20
By Roger the Scanner Guy
Drunk and DUI drivers are criminals, they knowingly break the law by getting behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle after drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana, or using drugs. An impaired driver is just as much a criminal as a thief or someone who hurts others because in many cases they do hurt others and they kill people do. I have written about DUI drivers many times. I guess it's just a big joke for some of you to read my funny stories, that is until you find yourselves in Hot Water. That is how it was for me as a kid I did not take things seriously and in fact, I had a rough life so part of me thought others owed me. So if you don't like the way I drive you better just get the Hell outta my way. When I drove under the influence and the Cops put their lights on me, I ran, I slammed my foot down on the gas and away we went. One time they were chasing me because my car fit the description of a vehicle used in an Armed Robbery at a White Hen Pantry in Hammond where the clerk was shot to death. I could not understand why there were at least 10 police cars chasing me through South Hammond. I crashed on a front lawn of a house, the police pulled me out of my car and beat the Holy Friggen Shit out of me. I was arrested for Armed Robbery and Murder, thrown in the back of a police car and on the way to jail they caught the real robber/killer. The police took me back to my car and released me. One cop told me to drive straight home, if he saw me on the streets driving around anymore that night he was going to shoot me dead, he had his gun pointed in my face as he said this. Most people would have gone straight home after that experience calling it a night. I did go home to get more money then I got back in my car and drove in Calumet City, Illinois as I lived near the State line I partied there instead.
For me, I did not "Get it" until I came to California and the CHP started the campaign against Drinking and Driving. I was in New House and went to AA Meetings. I took it seriously then. When I did security and had a 2-way Radio in my car I reported impaired drivers. I helped get quite a few off the streets they would get sent to AA Meetings. One guy that got called on to speak said something about some damn security guard getting him busted, my sober friends turned around and looked at me. Some of you Drunk and DUI Drivers think your slick. Everyone and their Mothers, Mother has a cell phone now, I hear the calls go out on DUI Drivers all the time at least a half dozen a day some people follow the Drunk and DUI Drivers, that is not safe some people carry weapons in their vehicles so besides using their vehicle as a weapon they carry them. I think it is going to take not being easy on criminals. I'm old school, I learned the Hard Way. I went to Scared Straight at Terre Haute Prison as a kid and I got the shit kicked out of me quite a few times I saw a few dead people too.
The other thing that gets me about this town is if you're a local and you break the law everyone seems to have more compassion for that criminal then others because Santa Barbara is their hometown like they are a Hero or something. "We can't send this guy to prison he or she is a Good person who comes from a Good Family." Bull Shit. Having compassion for all the children involved goes without saying. Children are innocent whether they are the children of the criminal or the victim. I did not think I had to mention the children in the Goleta incident, but I guess I was wrong. I have to say everything if not I get called uncompassionate by others that make it a point for all the world to think they are a Saint. As long as we slap DUI Drivers on the wrist they are going to not take the fact that they are a Criminal Seriously. First Offence without injuring others ought to be mandatory jail time with injury Prison Time. Without injury just for being arrested for DUI Their names should be published on the front page of the Local section of the News Paper if they lose their job Tough Shit. Where people are killed by a Drunk Driver there out to be a traffic sign posted that that site that people lost their lives to a DUI driver at that site. When you kill someone it's Murder there should be no difference whether it's done by a DUI Driver or Using a gun Murder is Murder Plain and Simple but that is the way it should be....Some of you reading this are DUI Drivers...Here is Your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Med call 100 Block of East Ortega street
- Vehicle Fire Highway 101 Southbound at Evans righthand shoulder
- 3200 Block of Brinkerhoff North County 415pc Domestic
- 415 Domestic 600 Block of DLG.
- Customer Disturbing at Marborg 700 Block of Cacique street
- Chemical spill non-Hazmat 300 Block of North Calle Caesar Chavez
- 2 Vehicle 459's Muni Court 100 Block of East Figueroa
- BOLO for a 459 Suspect BMA wearing an Orange Hoodie driving a white 2020 Toyota, Nice car for a Burglary suspect to be driving, he got caught
- Check the Welfare of a subject living in the 1400 Block of DLV
- Subject not wearing pants or underwear standing on the corner of Milpas and Carrillo, he wasn't standing there for long
- Medical Call SB Public Library
- 5150pc 209 State street code 2 Medics for a shoulder injury
- Check the Welfare 100 Block of Calle Alamo.
- Read this on the CHP website and it made me sad a Cow impaled themself on a pole and needed to be dispatched too bad a Vet could not have saved that poor cow, Rest in Peace little guy.
- Medical call on South Milpas heard it saw it listed but saw nothing.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation at the station
- Check the welfare of a 4 year old child screaming for over an hour ongoing problem 200 Block of West Islay
- Reckless Driver in a red truck with a Tool Box drove Off-Road at APS and Cota then crashed his truck lodging it on a boulder in the 700 Block of APS causing a Major Traffic Hazard for Hours he was thought to be DUI. I'm sure he came from a wonderful family though last 3 numbers on plate "561"
- Suicidal Subject carrying a Shotgun in his backpack at Santa Rosa and Creek Roads did not hear any more about that.
- Medical Call for Facial injuries at the Airport Fowler Road, at the Historical Terminal did not hear how the subject got facial injuries.
- Injury traffic Accident Highway 101 Northbound State street offramp head injury involving a white pick up truck.
- 594pc Vandalism, and 242pc Between RoomMates 600 Block of Del Monte.
- Burglary to a Laundry Room 300 Block of West Pedregosa.
- 10851pc Stolen Mercedes taken from the parking lot of Macys 3805 State street silver Mercedes.
- 484pc Theft incident at the Guadalajara Market involving 3 Suspects chased by employees throughout the Neighborhood. At least one subject detained on Wentworth may be two, one went over the Ortega Walking bridge, Running and got away that call kinda sounded like a brawl at a baseball game.
- The Guadalajara Market must be a fun place to work.
- 23152pc Drunk Driver in a grey or green Subaru Southbound on DLV from Anapamu street last I heard parked in front of Goodwill in the 300 Block of West Carrillo.
- Burglary investigation 1000 Block of Del Mar.
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- Medical call Engine 2 Medical Aide on the patio of the Rescue Mission 535 East Yanonali.
- Female screaming for a male to get out of her Motel Room but she is the only one there 100 Block of West Cabrillo
- Medical Call The Californian 2225 De La Vina Street.
- Castillo and Mission wires down temporary Traffic Control needed.
- Code 40 Passed out under the Basketball Courts behind McDonalds 29 North Milpas craving some McDonalds coffee.
- Suicidal Subject Cliff Drive at Mesa Lane, Threatened to jump off the cliff and SBPD spoke with him, not sure if he was transported or what exactly became of it but he did not jump.
- 415pc Aggressive panhandler blocking sidewalk in front of Starbucks 539 State street.
- 415pc Transient at the Chevron on CVR 1085.
- Keep the peace 500 Block of DLV.
- 242pc Investigation Cottage Hospital
- Suicidal Subject call 100 Block of Calle Rinconada
- Highway 154 at West Camino Cielo subject out of vehicle chasing dog in lanes I hope he and the dog are safe and did not get hit
- 2000 Block of Miradero possible 459pc Burglary no forced entry but dirty foot prints on the carpet
- Medical Aide 200 Block of Lee Drive
- Traffic Accident white truck vs Pedestrian San Pascual at Carrillo
- Check the Welfare 700 Block of Olive street
- Non injury traffic accident in front of Chick Fil A, 3707 State street involving the Santa Barbara County Sheriff-Coroner Van
- Medical Aide Vista Del Monte 3775 Modoc Road
- Trespassing male with no pants in his 60's on the property of the Carrillo Rec Center 100 Block of East Carrillo they reported an Indecent Exposure, Police said it was Trespassing, either way, they are signing a complaint so the man will go away. The other day he was seen near the dumpster with his pants off ongoing issue.
- 415pc Subject disturbing at Spud Nuts in the 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Fire Alarms 900 Block of Calle Los Amigos.
[GOT IT GOLETA ANNE!] I bought a Match Box toy truck the other day from Rite Aide it is a Matchbox 1989 white Chevy Blazer it looks like a Texas Ranger Police unit complete with the star on the side now every time I look at it I imagine a tiny Chuck Norris standing next to it. Though he drove a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger in the movie Lone Wolf McQuade I cannot get his image out of my head everytime I look at the Matchbox truck.- Anyway that is all outta me for now Have a great HUMP DAY. Hall of Saints..Peter, Molly, Belinda, Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Lola, PoPo, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Liza, Zoey, Tiny, Andy, Fish Heads One, and Two, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi, Lafayette, Ted, Mark, Willie, Pat, Mavis, Bengie, Ricky, Marty, Cop John, David Cox, Po, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie,Mrs. MacArthur, Auntie Helen, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger