Scanner Reports 2-11-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
As usual, there has been a lot of crime around but at different times. One crime seems to occur more than others, vehicle theft has been up lately. The vehicle of choice is 90's Honda Accords. I hear several a week, it seems between Ventura and Santa Barbara counties, most of the vehicles are found near the same towns they were taken from, thrashed from thieves joy riding and living in them. I'm not sure if people leave the keys in them or not, it seems to me that many vehicles get taken that way. I heard a 94 Honda Accord with a cracked windshield get taken from Trader Joe's on Milpas the other evening. I'm sure there have been more since that, sure seems strange to me that someone would take a chance stealing a vehicle which could land them in jail or prison. Their life must really suck to do something like that.
There are these videos on YouTube called "Bait Car" that are pretty entertaining. The police leave a car parked alongside a street, keys in the ignition and the thieves come along get in and take out there are cameras inside the vehicle recording them. At first they are all happy that they got a car, usually there is more that one person and everyone involved is so happy they got the car but as time goes on they start to put 2 and 2 together and figure it out suddenly the engine shuts off then they are done for. My favorite one is this idiot gets in and hot wires the car then sees the keys. What a Dumb Bass! Anyone in their right mind would check the ignition first. It's a funny show, I'm sure that sort of things been done before around here I know the dealerships used to leave the keys in the ignition at used car lots on Chapala years ago. I used to go check out used vehicles over there 2 or 3 in the morning find the keys in the ignition and drop them in the mail slots on the vehicle lots office doors. I used to like to shop for cars when the car salesmen were not around, they could be a little annoying sometimes. Years ago when I was drinking I went to check out a used pick up truck at a vehicle dealer here in town and I had a few drinks and was noticeable, they did not care they just wanted to sell me the truck. I did not buy the truck and drove off in my vehicle under the influence.
Been a lot of camper calls in the UNDERPANTS lately though it's raining most of the time don't mind them so much but wish some would pick up after themselves. I hear calls go out at least twice a day on the MILPAS-CACIQUE Campers. I bet a lot of people think the police have nothing better to do so they harass the homeless in the Underpasses there not so. Most of the time people call in the campers and the police have to respond to check it out. If someone had a warrant and the police saw them it and knew it that would be different but they just don't stop there to harass campers people call it in. I think the police are pretty cool around here I think I mentioned it before but a few days ago I saw the police running a crook at the Milpas Shop Lifting Center. I greeted one of the officers knowing that it was going to rain that evening, the officer told me about the Warming Shelter and said You might want to get in one. I laughed and told him I had a place. He said "That's Good." Undercover Roger, I even fool the Police with my long hair, beard clothing, and numerous Trader Joe Bags. Anyway here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- 242 Assault at McDonalds 1213 State street Transient involved victim a female pressed charges or wanted to
- Suspicious subjects hanging out in the 1600 Block of Laguna told the reporting party they were undercover police officers they might have vandalized his vehicle before leaving South on Laguna street 2 HMAs.
- 415 Neighbors not getting along in the 800 Block of West Anapamu. one neighbor believes the other vandalized his vehicle
- 415 Subject in the middle of the street Casitas Pass at Carpinteria Ave Disturbing
- Drinkers on the Laborline
- Electric Wheelchair Charger stolen at the .99 Cent store suspects possibly on video. How Cold Blooded can people get to do that?
- Possible prowler in the 1000 Block of Garcia Road walking around pushing a bike snooping wearing a white shirt and dark pants.
- Check the Welfare of a subject down on the Southbound off ramp of the Castillo Underpass.
- Thief took a backpack from Catholic Social Services 609 East Haley subject known to employees
- Code 40, Drunk in the 1800 Block of Cliff Drive
- 415 Transient at the Daily Grind
- Unresponsive male in the bathroom Our Lady of Guadalupe Church 227 North Nopal
- 2 Vehicle accident 5600 Block of Hollister.
- Check the Welfare of a male juvenile at Washington School 290 Lighthouse Road who doesn't want to go home with his mother because his father recently abused him physically Reporting party CWS.-
- Non injury hit and run 401 North Storke suspect hit a tree at the Marriott and left the scene.
- Possible Drunk Driver Southbound on Garden was swerving driving into oncoming traffic possibly failing to yield at stop signs followed by the Reporting party stopped by police in the 1500 Block of Garden street turned out to be a Driving School not 23152 Drunk Driver.
- Drunk 70 year old male yelling at the front doors of the Villa Santa Barbara 227 East Anapamu.
- Six juveniles in Panda Express in Paseo Nuevo refusing to leave.
- Code 40 Drunk at Cottage Hospital ready for the Sober Center.
- 400 Block of East Arrellaga 415 Domestic possible struggle heard in background.
- Campers in the 500 Block of State street both sides of the street.
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- 415 Transient at Starbucks 1235 State street Ongoing issues there Transient threw a water bottle at the reporting party.
- Med Call on Broodmar Plaza.
- Non injury traffic accident 3000 Block of Hermosa Road
- Possible stolen property in an address on the 800 Block of West Pedregosa.
- Suicidal Subject on the West Side subject called in for themself.
- Foot pursuit West Side of highway 101 then on the tracks caught at the Footbridge never heard why he was running dumped his backpack so he must be wanted for something now he is no longer wanted for anything.
- Vehicle rollover traffic accident Running Springs 2900 Block of Happy Canyon Road.
- 20001 Bath street at Yanonali Felony hit and run HMA driver long hair in a white Dodge Dakota early 2000's.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Drunk females stumbling down Grey Avenue.
- 415 Transient walking around talking to himself in the 3400 Block of Orcutt Road.
- Possible code 36 Frank Subject Felony Warrant in the 1200 Block of San Andres Opps! Wrong Guy Nevermind!
- On a bicyclist in the 2000 Block of Modoc Road.
- Non injury hit and Run Southbound 217 Off Ramp off highway 101.
- SBSO Your evidence is ready for pickup from Cottage Hospital.
- 8-10 Juvenile punks at Skaters Point harassing a female transient I bet their Mommies and Daddies comment here.
- Unknown 415 at the 7-11 in the 4400 Block of Via Real open live screaming in the back round.
- Check the Welfare of a subject in the Mission Underpass.
- Abandoned red moped in the 1900 Block of Los Canolas in someones yard.
- Strange Male hanging out saying "Something is going to happen later on tonight." At Zoto's in the 5900 Block of Calle Real.
- At Starbucks Again Transient locked himself in the bathroom 1235 State street it sounds like they have alot of fun over there.
- Unknown type 415 100 Block of Bodega Lane.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- SBPD officer on a group of subjects 900 Block of Cacique.
- Not sure I heard this one right Cabrillo at State street, West Bound on Cabrillo WMA with a small white dog strangling it police checked the area did not hear if the subject was found or not.
- Traffic stop white Mazda in city lot 11.
- 2 Subjects disturbing inside Starbucks 1235 State street ongoing issues there.
- Reporting party sitting in his vehicle threatened by subject with a knife in the 5900 Block of Birch Street in Carpinteria, HMA Large build tattoos on face was also seen in an alleyway punching a tree, then in the middle of the street SBSO responded not sure what happened.
- Possible 484 at Home Depot in Market Place employee ended up in a 415 Argument with the subject.
- Premises check at the Main post office 836 Anacapa.
- Premises check Ortega Park.
- Reckless driver Northbound on Santa Barbara from Canon Perdido a grey Nissan part plate "349"- Med call for back pain 200 Block of West Haley.
- Emergency landing airplane possible electrical problem landed safe.
- 10851 Stolen vehicle black Mustang 3700 Block of Capri Drive.
- Silver Highlander Upper Shoreline Parking lot traffic stop.
- 415 Domestic verbal then things getting thrown around 5800 Block of Manderian Goleta.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy.
- Stolen vehicle possibly sighted at Haley and State a red Jeep Cherokee plate ran came back as stolen vehicle unknown location now.
- Minor injury traffic accident highway 101 Northbound at 3 Bridges solo vehicle accident.
- Tree down blocking the road Hollister at Modoc.
- 415 Rolling 415 Domestic male hitting a female in a black Ford SUV East Bound from the Mission underpass.
- Pit Bull in traffic highway 2546 near the post office.
- Drinkers blocking the sidewalk 1000 Block of Cacique street.
Will I'm still kinda ill lots of aches and pains too Anyway Getting OLD SUCKS! Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Clancy, Tiger, Thomicina, Shadow, FREDDIE! Maxwell, Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Tiny, Andy, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Billy, Brad, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Pat, Mavis, Eddie, Bambi, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bengie, Ricky, Willie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Lafayette, Ted, Isabelle, Jerry, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, Debbie, Ken, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger