Scanner Reports 12-8-17
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I was looking at another news source the other day and I saw an article about one councilman trying to block retail sales for marijuana businesses, why not liquor stores and bars? More people commit crime under the influence of alcohol than weed of course, this councilman owns a business that sells alcohol. I guess money could have something to do with it.
All the usual's are still crying about their HOODS going to HELL because of the Medical Marijuana business, but they sure don't moan about that blessed Alcohol bunch of Drunks. I can't say I blame them, I loved alcohol for what it did for me. It was like Popeye and a can of spinach, a little alcohol and I went looking for the bully's that terrorized me in my childhood.
I remember a Santa Barbara cop telling me once that if I did not drink alcohol I would not go to jail, alcohol was my problem I drank I got into trouble. Santa Barbara ought to close up all the bars and liquor stores for a month just to see what would happen. It would never happen but just imagine if you would for a moment what it would be like if there was no alcohol sold in Santa Barbara, take weed too, take it all Santa Barbara would be a ghost town pretty much. Some of us voters are offended that politicians and politician wanna bes are taking away their right to purchase marijuana. These people get up and do a little song and dance about how they will serve ALL the people in a city then they get voted in and become part of the "Good old boy group."
Oh, by the way, I voted I have a right to bitch, I believe even if people did not vote they have a right to bitch but that is just me. What the HELL is the use of voting when the people voted in are not doing the will of the people but their own will? What makes someone in office better than the rest of us just because they were voted in to represent the people doesn't make them a King, or a Queen.
It sucks having to go to the pharmacy and getting painkillers taking even one kills my gut. I hate those damn things but the pain in my back and neck is worse I'd really like to be able to use more natural means to combat my pain than chemical drugs. Alcohol is the ultimate pain killer but I don't like jail.
Here are your Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- I heard a call when I was waking up about some guy with a drone spying in someone's window in the county so missed the address but now we have peeping Drones the male was a white male but if your offended that he was a white male you can make up whatever you like it's a free country he was driving a grey or silver Honda was wearing a flannel shirt Beanie and glasses WE FOUND WALDO!
- Possible stolen auto Kellogg and Thornwood a subject thinks someone is driving around in their stolen vehicle I never found out if it was their vehicle other calls came in.
- Vera Cruz park campers with a warming fire near the Day Care center it was cold WEDnesday morning real cold. Burglary to a vehicle 1900 Block of Castillo.
- Knee injury 100 Block of East Guiterrez
- 5150 Yelling in the lobby of SanSum clinic 317 West Pueblo, code 2 AMR responded to transport the subject to CARES.
- Domestic Tuesday evening Husband threatened to kill the family then tried to 242 Assault his 16 year old son I assume he was Drunk like others assume marijuana makes people violent. 900 Block of San Pascual.
- Missing subject from the 2100 Block of Paseo Del Descanso after they were reported took SBPD less than an hour to find the subject.
- Info on a previous burglary in the 300 Block of Laguna.
- Yeller at the Bus Stop Pueblo at Bath.
- Non injury vehicle accident Milpas at Montecito.
- Attempt theft of packages 300 Block of Loma Vista.
- SBPD Unit needed to assist a Checker unit in the 1100 Block of Garden.
- Subject threatening to punch a handicapped person in a wheel chair 200 Block of South Milpas.
- Burglary 200 Block of Mathilda near Ellwood.
- 1500 Block of Cypress medical call.
- Overdose on Gaviota Peak Fire Department and Medic's responded Copter to assist location pilot stated that they would not pick up a potentially violent subject.
- Subjects in the 1300 Block of East Mason not sure what happened but responding officers requested another unit.
- Sycamore at Highway 246 Theft of a bicycle.
Woke up THURSday morning got my coffee opened the door ashes and smoke all over the place already had headaches past couple days throat was getting raw got scared but Thank the Good Dog I had my inhaler the anxiety meds brought me down a few notches I went out for masks after medicating feeling better glad I took my medication I hope others are fairing well here is your Scanner Reports for Thursday:
- Female down in the restroom at Oak Park.
- Check the Welfare of a subject living in the 4600 Block of Carpinteria Ave.
- Subject under the influence of drugs hallucinating at PATH 816 Cacique.
- Check the Welfare of a camper in a sleeping bag in the 900 Block of State street near USA Bank.
- Suspicious Subject North on Calle Alamo going through peoples trash and recycling HFA wearing a Santa Claus hat she doesn't sound like a jolly fat man to me.
- Subject at 29 South Milpas see the security guard.
- Suicidal subject slicing their wrists 100 Block of Telocote.
- Code 2 medics for a subject having difficulty breathing at 7 Ashley ave. the people at the dental office there called the police on someone having a medical problem, Typical.
- Semi Truck over the side Highway 154 at Paradise moderate injury.
- Homeless jerk lit a palm tree on fire in the First Block of West Haley 35 West Haley.
- Reports of multiple shots fired in the area of Maple High School in the 4000 Block of Jupiter in Lompoc SBSO responded all was well.
- Possible 10851 Stolen Auto or Suspicious circumstances concerning a vehicle 1600 Block of Laurel.
- Suicidal subject near the train tracks 226 South Milpas walking back and forth reporting party with the subject SBPD responding.
- Report of a vegetarian fire across from 945 Ward Drive did not hear anymore hopefully it was small.
- Theft from a vehicle DLV at Pedregosa.
- Check the welfare of a subject wrapped in a blanket at the West Side Community center in the 400 Block of West Victoria.
- Folks attempting to build a memorial to their friends memory too close to lanes according to Cal Trans at highway 166 and Bell.
- 602 Trespasser 300 Block of Plymouth.
Well that is all outta me for now Have a great Weekend despite this Fire hopefully it will be knocked down before long...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, Diana, Jim,Rambo, Sherry, Poe, David Cox, Ricky, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday. Later, Roger