Scanner Reports 12-30-19
By Roger the Scanner Guy
On Christmas, I heard a call for an unresponsive female in a wheelchair at a local park. I assumed it was an overdose involving Alcohol or Drugs, I never thought it could be a beating due to refusing to commit a sex act but the next day a friend of the victim told me just that. I really could not figure how to question this, it had already happened. I did ask a friend about it who works with the Homeless and he confirmed the incident and said that it was being investigated by the police then Friday morning I heard another call that a female speaking with a mental health worker reported she had been raped Thursday night in a park, at that point I posted. Since then I have learned that both incidents might involve the same victim and I wonder if it did involve the same woman how come she wasn't taken off the streets? Placed in PATH, or a warming center? I also wonder if Rape Crisis has been contacted? Isn't there a law that if a homeless person goes to a hospital they have to be released to a shelter? How can this woman be protected from this attacker if she is released back to the streets over and over again? When I first moved to South Milpas about a week after the Homeless shelter opened at 816 Cacique I helped chase down and catch a male who had raped an unconscious female on the Milpas Southbound on-ramp. The rapist ran through the back door of the shelter and out the front where I caught him, a staff member of the shelter told me to release him, I refused until the police got there. I released the suspect to police custody when they arrived. The shelter back then was not associated with PATH the people in charge now, there was a crook running it then. Many laws have changed the past 20 years protecting the homeless I hope that this handicapped woman is finally receiving the help she deserves and needs concerning this incident.
Scanner Reports, Friday:
- Suicidal subject dealt with without incident 400 Block of Corona Del Mar.
- SBPD van in the MILPAS UNDERPANTS running subjects for Wants and Warrants I think
- Ortega and Laguna case of harassment.
- Medical call Rite Aide 35 South Milpas.
- Smoke investigation no fire West Camino Cielo toward highway 154.
- Found property Cottage ER.
- Subject standing in a parking lot refusing to leave 7 South Milpas street.
- Injury accident outside the PD 215 East Figueroa.
- Gas Odor outside 500 Block of Orena street.
- Road Rage Carrillo at St. Vincent's someone boxed in from leaving.
- 261pc Rape reported from downtown location.
- 101 Southbound at San Ysidro off ramp vehicle accident.
- Premises check Vera Cruz Park.
- SBPD looking for a subject checking Bohnett Park, and Chase Palm Park I don't know if they found who they were looking for.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly male sitting in a black Audi with no pants on 500 Block of East Canon Perdido.
- Suspicious circumstances 900 Block of Calle Los Amigos they would not say what.
- Strong Arm Robbery at Ross Dress for Less in the 3900 Block of State street geniuses got away for now but they left their vehicle behind.
- Subjects loitering 824 Cacique street.
- Vehicle accident highway 101 Northbound North of Highway one
Scanner Reports, Saturday:
- Non injury accident involving a vehicle into City property at the Harbor.
- 415 Domestic over a stolen cell phone 1700 Block of San Andres.
- 415 Domestic over Child Custody Indio Muerto at Voluntario.
- Med call 900 Block of Nopal.
- Possible Human Bone for on Beach R.P. is in the 1700 Block of Prospect. I bet it's a cow bone I used to find those on the beach all the time.
- 415pc At PATH subject refusing to leave 816 Cacique.
- Check the welfare of a subject in the 1700 Block of Sunset female.
- Medical call with PD response CVR road at Middle Road.
- Med Call Mission Terrace 600 Block of West Juinipero.
- Suspicious Circumstances female with no shoes standing in the driveway of Fire Station 4, then moved on now at Dennys back parking lot.
- Juveniles disturbing at Skaters point possible Fight Medic's requested PD code 3 lights and sirens things mellowed out after the police got there.
- Small fire inside a structure in the 1200 Block of Punta Gorda.
- Water Flow Alarm 1076 Fairway.
- Code 40 Drunk in Custody Cacique and Milpas.
- Code 40 Anacapa and Haley.
- Parker in a vehicle 2100 Block of DLV.
- Subject driving a silver sedan looking at children in the 1700 Block of San Pascual ongoing issue.
- Juveniles throwing rocks at houses in the 1100 Block of East Montecito.
- Medical; call 900 Block of Garcia Road.
- 415pc Transient Cota and Garden streets.
- 415pc Subjects at the Labor Line.
- Suspicious Circumstances One staff Member in the building of the Red Cross thinks that a subject might be locked in the bathroom in the 2700 Block of State street I never heard either way.
- 1600 Block of Bath Fire Alarms never heard there was a fire.
- Intoxicated Subject down in the 200 Block of Cottage Grove.
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Possible 459 The Old Court House in the 1100 Block of Anacapa RP Reported he saw SBSO Officers chasing someone through the sunken gardens before first light early this morning and witnessed a possible break in..SBPD responded I don't know if they found anything but SBSO said they were not there chasing anyone there..?
- 100 Block of South Soledad 415 Domestic.
- A found child at the Orange Tree Inn 1920 State street.
- Hazard Investigation City Lot 12 1 West Gutierrez did not say what it was.
- Premises check Bohnett Park.
- 2 Subjects laying on the sidewalk blankets covering them blocking 100 Block of Wilson.
- Vandalism to a residence in the 200 Block of West Arrellaga.
- Shoplifter at Macys male in his 40's resisted security and was being held down but slipped away last seen running toward State street Will hopefully he learned his lesson in the 3800 Block of State street.
- 415pc Unity Church 200 Block of East Arrellaga sounded like a Domestic but I did not hear the whole call.
- Med call Sheriffs Dept 4434 Calle Real.
- Audible Alarm 9 West Canon Perdido.
- Elevator Rescue Ralphs 100 Block of West Carrillo.
- ParaGlider Down Moderate injuries Cold Springs Trail Montecito.
- Med call 400 Block of Chapala.
- 415pc &417pc Brandishing a knife 636 West Carrillo he did not want to go to jail so the police helped him change his mind.
- Medical Emergency 28 West Cabrillo.
- Elevator Rescue the Balboa Building 735 State street.
- Hazard Condition did not hear what it was 300 Block of Oliver Road.
- Medical Aide 1300 Block of Santa Barbara Street the University Club.
- Theft of a cell phone 816 PATH before police got there the suspect gave it back so the call was cancelled.
Will looks liike were getting some more rain here everytime it rains the roof of my mouth starts itching and I get a cold I love the rain but not the illness..Anyway Have a great MONday-MONday...Peter, Molly, Belinda,Midnight, Merlin, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Tomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Shadow, FREDDIE!, Maxwell. Lola, PoPo, Fish Heards One, and Two, Tiny, Andy, Poncho, Denny, Zeke, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Ross, Rambo, Sherry, Eddie, Bambi,Lafayette, Ted, Ricky, Bengie, Pat, Mavis, Willie, Mark, Mrs. MacAethur, Auntie Helen, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don,. Edwin, Cory, Crazy Ed, Debbie, Ken, Isabelle Jerry, LUCY!, STOBE THE HOBO, KFC, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, John Havlick, Little Mac, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday.
Dec 30, 2019 09:01 AM
Two female Police Officers arrested some guy at the little Bohnett park annex, which is on 1300 blk San Andres. He wasn't drinking alcohol, wasn't combative, and he was cooperative until they started putting him into one of the Police cars, then he started yelling that they just ruined his day, for no reason etc etc. ps- Police have doing a regular "premise check" every couple days, going down in to the Creek area also. They also requested the City cut back a lot of trees & brush, so they can get a better view of the creek , before they go down into that area.
Dec 30, 2019 10:27 AM
I have heard there is a blind spot there in the creek we need to protect our L.E. as they protect us..Never know about some people they can go off in the blink of an eye...
Dec 30, 2019 05:53 PM
The guy was using a Marshall's shopping cart, and it was piled with stuff. The Officers bagged his possessions , left the cart with trash in it. I called the "abandoned shopping carts" hotline to come get it, but we'll see how long it takes them to pick it up. The last time I called, I had to call them back 3 times.... within 2 weeks. I was calling that hotline, until they finally picked it up. They used to pick them up within 24 hours ! 1.800.252.4613
Dec 31, 2019 08:06 PM
Hi Roger. I just read your story about Vinnie from Montecito. I used to live at 1824 San Pascual. There was a home next door to me that took care of older people. Is that the place you were talking about? If so, I was there at the time. Happy New Year to you.
Dec 31, 2019 08:15 PM
I believe so it was back in the 1990's I'm not sure of the exact address..Happy New Year.