Scanner Reports 12-24-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
This time of year all the Christmas movies are on TV I don't know why? The first time I ever saw The Christmas Story I told my girlfriend at the time it reminded me of my Home Town, that movie was everything Hammond from the Triple Dog Dare Clip to the "Shoot your eye out kid." I cannot tell you the number of times I heard that phrase when I wanted a BB Gun when I was a kid. I GOT ONE NOW HA! I bought my own at 50! In my early years most Holidays were good in my family but when I think back about my Hometown the stores at Christmas and the downtown area itself it was a True Holiday, or Christmas if you prefer. I remember one store my mom took me into when I was very young had the old wood floors colorful decorations, and wall to wall toys at Christmas, Santa Claus looked real too it was a really old store for the longest time I could not remember the name of the store until this year. The Edward G. Minas store founded in the late 1800's there in Hammond.
Hammond has a Facebook page a very active page funny thing is I don't know many of the people that are on the page, once in a while I'll see someone I knew. The downtown area we always found stuff to do whether we went to a movie, watched the trains, we had alot of tracks through town or hung out in the park, two stores in particular were always the best. The Army/Navy surplus, and Wayne's Trick Shop Wayne's had all the magic trick type stuff, and prank gifts, The Army/Navy Surplus had all kinds of cool stuff they would NEVER sell to an underaged kid today as far as knives and brass knuckle type things, they also had fishing equipment and guns. There was alot of things from WW2. I wish I would have bought some of that stuff now.
I bought a whole tin of cigarette loads once at Waynes Trick Shop and put every single one of them in one of my Mothers cigarettes and scared the Holy Shit out of her. After the blast there were little pieces of burnt cigarette paper floating in the air and landing in her hair heeheeheeheeheehee...I still remember the look on her face. She shoulda bought me that BB Gun. My last Christmas at Home I got a blue Free Spirit 10-Speed I still remember taking it out in the snow riding it all over the neighborhood falling down sliding on the ice. It was one of my last good times there. Hammond is not the same as it once was though reading on the Facebook page brings back the good memories of growing up there. Here are your scanner reports.
Scanner Reports, Friday
- 415 Subject in the Cottage Hospital Lobby raising HELL Yelling hitting furniture, Subject arrested.
- 415 Subject on Turnpike possibly harassing children SBSO looking not sure if they ever found the guy.
- Report of a subject yelling for help 400 Block of Ellwood Beach Drive.
- Theft investigation 700 Block of De La Vina.
- Homeless subjects disturbing Highway 101 Southbound at Carrillo on the offramp.
- 459 Burglary in the 7300 Block of Calle Real in Goleta.
- Suspicious vehicle 1100 Block of Olive.
- Possible Squatters green Ford Truck in a driveway 700 Block of California street.
- At risk missing from the 100 Block of East Micheltorena street Male White, 55 Years old brown hair, brown eyes likes to hang out downtown and at PATH.
- Officer needs assistance in the 100 Block of East Sola.
- Overdose on medication 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Med call 400 Block of Ruth Ave.
- 288 Investigation child molestation investigation within SB City limits.
- 415 Domestic male and female hitting each other Bath at Carrillo.
- Burglary investigation 100 Block of West Calle Creaspas.
- Car Fire between Windy Gap and Painted Cave.
- Suicidal subject left Cottage police looking for him to Check his Welfare unsure if he was ever found.
- 484 Theft of 3 Cans of beer from Ace Liquor store in the 200 Block of West Montecito street.
- Subject with open Container behind 522 State street.
- Homeless camp warming Fire 400 Block of Bath near the Bath street Off Ramp Fire department responded to put it out SBPD also responded.
- Gass odor and possible leak in the 200 or 300 Blocks of Ellwood Beach Drive
Scanner Reports, Saturday
- Report of Poachers shooting in the area of Dominion in Cat Canyon they were driving a brown Chevy pick up truck SBSO was unable to locate.
- Premises check Dwight Murphy Park.
- 415 Subject disturbing at Jacks Bagal 53 South Milpas street.
- 2 In custody Rail Road tracks off Las Positas they were trespassing but also had warrants one had a felony warrant.- Sparking heater, (no smoke or flames)when plugged in possibly a hazardous situation on West Micheltorena.
- Subject located his stolen bicycle and there was another subject standing next to it in the 300 Block of West Montecito.
- 459 Burglary investigation 1800 Block of San Pacqual.
- Suspicious circumstances Neighbor seen taking apart the reporting parties Bird Scooter in the 500 Block of West Victoria.
- Vehicle hit a structure in front of a building in the 7400 Block of Hollister black BMW.
- Snake in a back yard 2500 Block of Featherwood.
- 415 Subject disturbing at LOOKOUT! Park
- Ill subject possibly has drugs in his system does not know how they got there, or how he got where he is rear of the building 4444 Calle Real Veterans clinic.
- Shoplifter 7-11/ 7400 Block of Hollister did not hear what he got but he got something.
- Hit and Run no injuries Hollister at Walnut.
- Found property a GUN in the parking lot at 20 East Victoria.
- Med call off ramp at Patterson Northbound off ramp in a vehicle medical.
- Vehicle vs a pedestrian Saint Joseph at Hollister.
- Trespasser at the 76 Station 20 Winchester Road with blood on his face SBSO was unable to locate.
- Customers refusing to leave unless they get a refund 911 State street.
- 211 Armed Robbery 1700 Block of San Andres
Scanner Reports, Sunday:
- Suspicious circumstances Subject passed out in a vehicle lights on engine running for over an hour passed out in the driveway 800 Block of Olive, unknown if it was his driveway.
- Male was waving a knife in a sheath not brandishing it was in the case walking South from the 1100 Block of State street.
- Audible alarm no crime 1200 Block of Coast Village Circle.
- Med Call fall victim in the 3000 Block of Foothill.
- Allergic reaction Med Call on Zaca road
- A female is reporting that she found her possibly stolen cat in a white Ford Van on East Canon Perdido.
- Possible 23152 female in a black Porsche near T/A misses with pedestrians in Gelson's parking lot registered in the 3900 Block of Via Lucero 2008 black Porsche.
- Vehicle vs Bicyclist Anacapa at Anapamu injury accident.
- 20002 /23152 Drunk or DUI driver hit and run State and La Cumbre ran on East Side crashed and arrested Thanks SBPD.
- Subject with his pants off going the bathroom in front of 610 State street 314 Indecent exposure, 374 Unloading bodily fluids in public. I hope I'm never homeless again.
- East Side Park 200 North Soledad Premises check.
- Check the Welfare of a female walking away from a grey van on highway 154 at Painted Cave she was A-OK I think.-
- Homeless issue Magnolia at the tracks GOLETA.
- Ill subject med call PHF 315 Camino Del Remedio.
- Injury traffic accident vehicle into a bicyclist Castillo at Montecito.
- Overdose 600 Block of East Pine.
- Med Call for a panic attack at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf 1200 Block of Coast Village Road CHP said patient was involved in an earlier 415 Domestic so city police responded with the Fire department and Medics.
- Unresponsive subject in a silver Silverado parked at Del Pozo Tires Indio Muerto and Milpas med call.
- 700 Block of Refugio Road traumatic injury after a motor bike accident, victim said something about not wanting to go to jail picked up the bike and threw it over a fence...Sounds OK to me
- Public assist for a cat stuck in a door 1300 Block of Santa Barbara street.
- 484 Shoplifting 115 North La Cumbre female in her 40's ripped off food items.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Merry, Merry, Merry, Christmas or Holiday whichever you prefer...I'll just be happy if I don't get that damn cold again! Have Fun! Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Tom Cat, Thomicina, Tiger, Clancy, Midnight, Merlin, Lola,PoPo, Shadow, FREDDIE! Andy, Tiny, Fish Head One, and Two, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, Jerry, Poncho, and Chris Willing we will see you on WEDnesday. Later, Roger