Scanner Reports 12-15-17
By Roger the Scanner Guy
I wonder if so many folks from other States hate us so much there are so many firefighters from other states fighting the Thomas Fire? They don't have to be here it was a request for help. I always hear people say that California is hated by the rest of the country because California is mostly a liberal state, maybe that is true but I know a lot of Republicans who live here too. I have experienced some hate on the internet from people from other states but they are not everyone.
I am grateful for all the firefighters that have come here to help save California from these Wildfires, no matter how they feel about California personally. They also believe that California is part of America, we are all Americans no matter what we might believe. We are all Americans and that is one of the things that makes America great is that we are all different yet come together when the shit hits the fan.
I heard the other day must have been WEDnesday or maybe late TUESday, 3 vehicles were broken into in one of the City Parking lots. Lock your vehicles up and put everything in the Trunk. If you don't have a trunk under the seats or wheel well would help, "Out of sight, out of mind." I heard a code blue on a street corner THURSday morning I don't know the circumstances but I always think of the Homeless when it comes to Medical Emergencies outdoors. If you are stuck sleeping outside always lay on a piece of cardboard to protect your body from the cold ground it might save your life, James Magruder taught me that. You can get deadly hypothermia sleeping on cold cement overnight. Next week looks like our weather is going to dip down into the 30's so keep the cardboard in mind if you don't have any blankets newspaper can keep you warm too. I used to insulate my jacket when I hitched back East in below zero weather just don't snatch my LA Times...Neighbors kid got me good with one of those drones had my glasses off flew past my window thought it was a huge ash from the Thomas Fire.
Here are Your Scanner reports...WEDnesday:
- Suspicious circumstances white van says "Solar" on the side in a driveway 1500 Block of Portsuello, neighbors out of town.
- Medical call man down Carrillo at DLV.
- Attempt bicycle theft from the Victoria Hotel suspect South on State street HMA wearing a heavy jacket.
- Investigation disturbance 200 Block of State street.
- City lot 9/ 900 Block of Anacapa 3 cars broken into.
- Code 40 fall victim not answering the door 500 Block of Bath street.
- Ford Ranger on Fire 1600 Block of DLV.
- SBPD on a group of folks Dwight Murphy.
- 4100 Block of Harris Grade vehicle accident.
- Ill subject at the .99 Cent store 424 State street.
- Vehicle Accident Harris Grade at the Summit vehicle over the side a dog died, Rest in Peace little feller.
- Another vehicle accident vehicle into a tree Highway one at Jalama Rad.-
- I thought I heard a copper say Possible Lewd Conduct 200 South Milpas I was in here cussing up a storm I had a pinched nerve in my back hurt like hell sometimes it makes you feel better to yell!
- Medical call at the Sportsman for someone who fainted we used to call that Passed out in the Day.
- Suspicious vehicle behind the Christmas tree lot in the 3800 Block of State street.
- Julie kicked someone in the 600 Block of State street.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation First Block of West Constance.
- Burglary 6700 Block of Del Playa a skateboard was taken.
- Medical call Fall victim 1020 Chapala.
Scanner Reports, Thursday:
- Structure Fire Raymond at Marvin Street in Santa Maria.
- Keep the Peace reporting party needs to pickup property in the 700 Block of North Milpas
- Vandalism to a Rail Road car on the tracks at Sheffield loser dressed all in black vandalizing a water tank car.
- Ill subject at McDonalds 29 North Milpas.
- 415 Drunk threatening to cap a maintenance worker with a beer bottle.
- Some sort of Industrial accident at 27 La Patera in Goleta heard a forklift was on top of someone also heard they might have fallen.
- Medical call Castillo at DLG for a code blue subject was transported to Cottage unknown circumstances or condition.
- Illegal burn smoke check North San Marcos at Cathedral Oaks.
- Code 40 Drunk disturbing at Greyhound 200 Block of Chapala.
- Check the Welfare of the subjects sister who hasn't been heard from in some time living in the 7100 Block of Alameda in Goleta.
- Injury accident 500 Block of West Mission.
- Vehicle fire 1500 Block of Alamo Pintado.
- Vegetarian fire 3500 Block of Highway one in Lompoc.
- Subject refusing to leave the front of Rite Aide 35 South Milpas, 1800 Block of Cliff drive medical for seizures on the street in front of a business.
- Medical call fall down a flight of stairs Salvation Army 423 Chapala.
- Kids smoking the WEED at Francheski Park 3 vehicles involved.
- Check the Welfare of an elderly female living in a residence on Hot Springs Road in Montecito relative worried because of the fire.
- Drunk Son causing problems 200 Block of West Cota.
Feller named Wayne came by and gave me some information on Cal Fire Frequencies, Wow can't believe I spelled that right just like San Andreas. Anyway I have a rough time programming anything, Shakey is my official programmer. I do have a digital BearCat that picks up a lot of dialogs. Anyway here is a place to find Fire Frequencies, Wow I did it again, involving the Thomas Fire....FTP. NIFC.COM Then So Cal Cal Fire 2017 Thomas 1ap Incident Command 1 r g1S PRODUCTS
Wayne said they don't usually release this info but did this time. Cool Thank You Wayne. He also said that there were all kinds of info on maps from pictures taken of the fire. If I got any of that wrong I'm sorry I had a little Caesars Pizza in my hand and was having evil fantasies about devouring the pizza with Tabasco sauce as soon as possible.
Will that is all outta me for now Have a Wonderful Weekend....Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Fish Head One, Clancy, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, David Cox, Poe,Fred, Ricky, Brad, Billy, Jonathan, C.J., Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Cody, Diana, Jim, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, Marty, Cop John, Isabelle, Jerry, John Hancock, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on MONday-MONday...GOD BLESS OUR FIREFIGHTERS! Later, Roger
Dec 15, 2017 10:11 AM
Well, Roger, not everyone in other states hate us, they keep moving here. I've read every New Years Day when people see the Rose Parade on TV, sunny with bystanders wearing t-shirts and shorts, about 10,000 decide to move to California. Of course, these fires might change some minds. Thank heavens for the firefighters risking their lives to save people and homes. Here in Carpinteria on Shepherds Mesa there was a fire truck in every driveway when the homes were threatened. RIP to Cory Iverson.
Dec 15, 2017 10:45 AM
Back in the day of station wagons, I knew a news photographer in the San Francisco Bay Area. He cut out a piece of plywood, glued a bunch of trash and junk atop it, then slid it into the back of his vehicle. Stashed all his expensive camera gear underneath it. Wannabe thieves peering in the windows saw only trash. Smart guy!
Dec 15, 2017 02:48 PM
That is a really good idea trash in the back of the station wagon...Ha,ha,ha... I have heard many are scared of the fires and Quakes I came from Tornado Chemical explosion land pretty much a mutual trade.