Scanner Reports 12-12-18
By Roger the Scanner Guy
How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Got a heater? I have an electric one, wear layers, get under the covers at night. Which do you prefer, the cooler or hotter weather? I like it cooler at least compared to that night last July when I thought the world was coming to an end and the ER staff at Cottage thought they were in Hell with me. I kinda felt sorry for them, of course, they get paid to deal with people like me. I have to do it for free. I prefer the cold except when my bones get cold and I feel like I'm turning to mold and it hurts like hell all the time, the cooler weather makes it seem damp like rainy weather. It's ok when it's windy though except when my hands dry up then start falling apart and I gotta put hand lotion on them for a few days. It helps but they still dry out. As I age the lotion is becoming a necessity, less of other things, more of others.
Well, hopefully we will get more rain this season, at least break even though not likely with a lot of building going on. I heard of an attempt purse theft TUESday morning in the Granada Garage by a 16-year-old on a skateboard last seen South on Anacapa: red hair, blue shirt, dark pants, backpack. Gotta be real smart to commit crimes when you have red hair, I mean there are so many 16-year-old juveniles out there riding skateboards with red hair only a matter of time, a matter of time. Here are your Scanner Reports.
Scanner Reports, Monday:
- Dead Animal in the Middle of the street 800 Block of Laguna South End. The officer did not say what kind of animal it was probably scared by the fire works. As usual there are lost pets who run off every time there are fireworks every ones gotta have their fireworks never mind the animals and the veterans. A dozen years ago I got attacked by a dog's dad because I was lighting off fireworks and now I understand why....Rest in Peace Little One.
- Medical call for a Pepper Spray issue. 5700 Block of Calle Real.
- 20002 Non injury hit and run investigation at La Mesa Park damage to the gate suspect information.
- Small gas leak pilot light in a classroom Monte Vista School room 16/ 730 North Hope.
- Theft investigation at The High School I guess that is The High School in Town.
- Restraining Odor violation City Lot 7.
- SBPD Assist with a disabled motorist in the 200 Block of West Carrillo.
- Med call for an unresponsive subject under a blanket 10 East Yanonali.
- Med call for an ill subject at PATH 816 Cacique.
- Threats investigation on Dolorios Drive 500 Block.
- Overdose of Methodone Narcan used to revive the patient 160 South Patterson Buena Vista Care center.
- Stolen vehicle end of Santa Cruz Mustang was Unoccupied then someone got in it drove off police followed made a felony stop arrested driver.
- 242 Assault investigation on Chapala missed block.
- 415 Landlord Tenant 1300 Block of DLV.
- Counterfeit investigation 423 Chapala.
- Fall victim at the Villa Santa Barbara.
- Overdose 100 Block of North Pacific.
- 415 Neighbors 500 Block of Red Rose yelling involved.
- A short Failure to Yield in Carpinteria someone in a grey Prius near Carpinteria and Palm taken into custody at gun point.
- 415 Argument over a non injury accident Mesa Lane at Cliff Drive.
- Gas leak and Medical Call Alpha Thrift store in the 5900 Block of Hollister.
- Fall victim with a head injury at the Alano Club 235 East Cota.
- 415 Idiot at GVCH ER yelling at everyone that he is in the H.A. and KKK last seen walking South on Patterson into the Sunset
Scanner Reports, Tuesday:
- 459 Audible alarm no crime in the 2900 Block of DLV.
- Suspicious circumstances at McKenzie Junior High North County a truck parked on the property and noise heard inside the school by the kitchen crew, never heard any more about it.
- 594pc Vandalism graffiti 600 Block of Mission Ridge.
- Premises check McKenzie Park a couple moments later on 4 Subjects in McKenzie Park.
- 594pc Vandalism Tri County Produce 335 South Milpas.
- Attempt purse theft Granada Garage 1200 Block of Anacapa skateboarder 16 Year old Juvenile red hair blue shirt, dark pants, backpack last seen South on Anacapa
- Numerous 911 Hang Ups child or children calling 911 Hanging up coming from Motel 6 on Corona Del Mar police responded and there are no children staying there.
- Non injury hit and run at Lazy Acres.
- Non injury hit and run in the 2500 Block of Cresent.
- Vandalism investigation in the 1800 Block of East Cabrillo.
- Baseball on a roof in the 1700 Block of Garden street. I did not understand that call it's probably a code for "The donuts are ready for pick up." or something like that.
- Camper in the bushes next to a wall 500 Block of Anacapa.
- CHP Pulled over a Stolen vehicle Highway 101 Southbound Hollister on Ramp requested Assistance from the SBSO one in custody.
- Premise check Vera Cruz Park.- SBPD talking about a man in his 20's wearing all black with tattoos carrying a semi auto rifle in the 1000 Block of Olive walking up the street all I heard.
- Minor injury accident Santa Barbara streets at Carrillo
- 484 Theft investigation at the Harbor Patrol office.
- 415 Transient on the bridge at Alamar and State street disturbing, police were Unable to Locate him.
- Lost Hikers on Gibraltar Found by Copter one, Search and Rescue was also up there searching they were OK needed no medical assistance.
Every Year I try to be Christmasy, every year about this time no matter what I do I have a major Crab Attack. I just can't do it and this looking like Santa Claus BS Has got to go. I have Devil Horns and I guess I'm just going to have to start wearing them...I got Christmas songs stuck in my head going around and around and around and around my brains UGH! It's driving me crazy this Christmas Carp! Anyway Have a great WEDnesday...Peter, Belinda, Angel Baby, Pooh Bear, Clancy, Tom Cat, Thomicina, Tiger, Shadow, FREDDIE! Midnight, Merlin, Lola, PoPo, Fish Head One, and Two, Poncho, Jerry, Walter, Fred, Jonathan, C.J., Brad, Billy, Carl, Stan, Kent, ELMO, Patrick, Christy, Diana, Jim, Rambo, Sherry, Bommy, Poppy, June, Muskie, Eddie, Bambi, Bengie, Ricky, Pat, Mavis, Lafayette, Ted, David Cox, Po, Marty, Cop John, Magruder, Don, Edwin, Cory, Isabelle, Jerry, Debbie, Ken, LUCY! STOBE THE HOBO, John Hancock, Micky Mantle, Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Tom Petty, and Chris Willing we will see you on FRYday. Later, Roger